Several good dives-Ansell Point, Skyline Wall, Keystone

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
gcbryan
Submariner

Several good dives-Ansell Point, Skyline Wall, Keystone

Post by gcbryan »

Just finished several good dives last week just to add a little variety to the local dives I usually do.

Ansell Point which is just outside West Vancouver, BC. We had 70' viz on a large (wide) wall that goes to 300 fsw or so. In addition to the great diving we observed a harbor seal beating the crap out of a salmon.

Skyline Wall (Borroughs Passage in the NW Shoredives book) just out of Anacortes. The is the closest one can come to San Juan Island type of diving without a boat or having to go to the San Juan's. The entire wall is covered with life. We also encountered a male and female black tail deer on the beach just before the dive.

Keystone Jetty. Covered with life and I saw the largest Leather Star I've ever seen. It was approximately 3 feet x 3 feet. There were large Lincod, Clown Dorids, Puget Sound Rockfish and Yellow Tail Rockfish.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Looks like some great diving there. Any Pictures?
gcbryan
Submariner

Post by gcbryan »

BASSMAN wrote:Looks like some great diving there. Any Pictures?
Unfortunately, I haven't been bothering with my camera lately. I should have for those dives for sure.