Double ender on lighthead?

Discuss Team Diving here.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Double ender on lighthead?

Post by Nwbrewer »

airsix wrote:As far as losing the double-ender... I don't think that's going to be a problem with this new config because you never unclip the DE from either end. It's the most secure DE you've got! Both gates are always clipped to the light. Even if one end did happen to come unclipped it is still attached by the other end and you'd notice right away.

I'm rigging mine today. (NWbrewer is breathing a sigh of relief.)

-Ben
:bounceline:

Depending on what I'm doing, and if I may, or may not, want to unclip the lighthead quickly I decided if I'll let the lighthead dangle lower at the end of the DE. Clipping and unclipping without removing it from the bungee loop is a pain, but keeps it much more streamlined.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

BDub wrote:
dsteding wrote:A good, pin-headed UTD conversation, with only one nay-saying CCR diver saying we're gonna die. I'd call this thread a success (and it wouldn't be the same without you Josh). Sounder needs to push an X1, declare his Salvo hominess, and we're complete . . .
You forgot DSS :smt064
DSS kicks ass and the boys at Salvo are mi hermanos. For a limited time Liquivision is presently giving away free X1s with the purchase of a Liquivision t-shirt at special promotional pricing ($1,750)!!

...in other news, do NOT "try on" a wideband "just to see what it'll be like." They're meant to be taken off after they've been worn a while... not 5 minutes later. Wowza. :pinch:

On my Salvo HID I run a fixed bold snap on the goodman handle, a DSS thumb loop, and I have an o-ring on the back for temporary clipping when I want the light to hang pointed down. I keep a double-ender on my d-ring and another spare in my pocket. To date, I've lost plenty of bets (thank god those pictures haven't ever surfaced), but I've never lost a double-ender... no doubt I'll loose them all next weekend now that I've said this.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I decided to try it, so I rigged the bungie tonight. But the set screw for the light slug was really in the way. So I drilled and tapped a new hole.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Sounder wrote:...in other news, do NOT "try on" a wideband "just to see what it'll be like." They're meant to be taken off after they've been worn a while... not 5 minutes later. Wowza. :pinch:
Are you STILL practicing how to take a piss?? Dude, baby Sounder has gone through 1/10th of your trials and tribulations and he's potty training!
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

CaptnJack wrote:
Sounder wrote:...in other news, do NOT "try on" a wideband "just to see what it'll be like." They're meant to be taken off after they've been worn a while... not 5 minutes later. Wowza. :pinch:
Are you STILL practicing how to take a piss?? Dude, baby Sounder has gone through 1/10th of your trials and tribulations and he's potty training!

geez richard dont be so mean. we all know practice makes perfect, please doug go ahead and try on all the wide bands you need to. carefull though you keep trying on those caths next thing you know its 3 in the morning and youve wound up taking advantage of yourself.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ