Bought the Camera!!!

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Bought the Camera!!!

Post by Pinkpadigal »

I bought the Canon SD900 today. \:D/ Oh yeah, 10mxp is awesome. I took a lot of photos down at Titlow Beach park to see how it works and it is outstanding. One thing I like is that it does not use batteries. It has a battery-pack, (nickel-hydrite??) system which is so much cheaper and is easier to use.

I was going to buy it on line but I wussed out. A couple of places had it cheaper but the places I trust were the same price as Best Buy.

I am going to order the housing right after DEMA. I will share photos once I get it underwater.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Re: Bought the Camera!!!

Post by thelawgoddess »

Pinkpadigal wrote:One thing I like is that it does not use batteries. It has a battery-pack, (nickel-hydrite??) system which is so much cheaper and is easier to use.
i'm not sure i understand your claim here. as far as i know, the sd900 uses a rechargeable lithium-ion battery - just like all of the other powershot models do.

i'm curious if anyone knows why canon dropped back down to only 3x optical zoom with this model???
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

You are correct on the battery. I am so used to using AA batteries in my Nikon, Kodak and Sealife that this is an exciting change.

The 10mpx is amazing. I took a close up of my brother's face...you can see every little hair in his mustach. It is very entertaining.
Amy Rhodes
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

ah ... i get it. i'm not sure how the sd900 is with battery consumption, but my s410 was a little hog. i always wished i had a backup ... but the $40 price tag always deterred me. luckily they do charge up pretty quick. i think i will end up splurging on a 2nd battery when i get my new camera, though.

please don't post the pic of your bro's moustache. ew!!! but i can't wait to see pics of cool nudis and stuff! heck, how about cool nudi newborns?

10mp seems insane!!!
my FLICKR photo sets
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

TLG,

I took 60 photos yesterday and I still had a good charge on the battery. I will let you know how well it works.

I bought an extra battery but it is the wrong size for my camera. I was going to take it back but if you want it, I will give you a deal on it.

I bought the battery as part of an expansion kit...case, extra battery and long cord. I used everything but when I went to plug in the battery, it was too big for my camera. Best Buy will give me a refund but will probably charge me a restocking fee because I took it out of the casing. PM me and we can see if this battery will work for you.
Amy Rhodes
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

60 photos shouldn't tax the system, but i couldn't come close to filling a 512mb cf card with my s410. which sucks when you're traveling and don't have access to an outlet for a few days. the thing that really bugged me was the camera wouldn't tell me when it was running low; it would just die. :-(

thanks for the battery offer, but it looks like the sd700is uses the same battery as the sd900.

betcha can't wait to get your housing now, eh?
my FLICKR photo sets