Warbonnets, Warbonnets Everywhere!!!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Seaslave
Compulsive Diver

Warbonnets, Warbonnets Everywhere!!!

Post by Seaslave »

My dive buddies and I headed out last night to are usual haunt over at Ewing Island for an evening and a night dive. Vis on the first dive was 20ft or so but the current picked up quite a bit for our second and the vis dropped a bit but still tolerable. Not sure why, maybe I'm just getting better at seeing them, but there were Decorated Warbonnets everywhere!!! I must have seen a dozen of them on each dive. I also happened across a nice looking young Puget Sound King Crab on my first dive. I included a picture of what I think is a Red Fur Crab that I saw. Maybe someone in the know can verify that for me? Thanks. Another couple of sweet dives in the Northern San Juans. :metal:

-Mathue
Puget Sound King Crab 1.jpg
Puget Sound King Crab 2.jpg
Red Fur Crab.jpg
Scallop & Shrimp.jpg
Warbonnet 3.jpg
Warbonnet 4.jpg
Warbonnet 5.jpg
Warbonnet 8.jpg
Warbonnet 7.jpg
Warbonnet 6.jpg
gcbryan
Submariner

Re: Warbonnets, Warbonnets Everywhere!!!

Post by gcbryan »

Nice pictures. I haven't seen PS King Crab in a while. Beautiful!
Seaslave
Compulsive Diver

Post by Seaslave »

gcbryan wrote:Nice pictures. I haven't seen PS King Crab in a while. Beautiful!
Thanks! I don't see too many of them this time of year either. Everyonce in a while I'll find one during the spring/summer. They usually seem to be younger ones for some reason. Winter time though, they're everywhere.

-Mathue
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Great Shots Matt - can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to our dives in August!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Tom Nic wrote:Great Shots Matt - can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to our dives in August!
Me, too!!! :highfive:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Seaslave
Compulsive Diver

Post by Seaslave »

Thanks John & Tom. I am really looking forward to having you both up. I hope we get some of this beautiful weather for your dives!

-Mathue
JLC-SCUBA
Just Settling In

Post by JLC-SCUBA »

Those are great photos Matt!!