Warm water hose length for Erica?

Discuss Team Diving here.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Warm water hose length for Erica?

Post by Sounder »

Hey all,

Erica is thinking she's not interested in carrying a can light on our next warm water trip but instead just wants the 10w HID hand-held with goodman. As such the regular long hose will be annoying for her to tuck into the waist and I'm thinking we could accomplish a longer-hose that's not textbook long hose length. She has stipulated that she does NOT want a traditional set-up... that's my girl! :luv:

I'm asking for ideas. I'm thinking a 5' hose that routes under her right arm, across her chest, and behind head would work but I'm sure there are other solutions.

So - no canister, small-framed gal in a DSS rig, still wants a longish-hose and bungied back-up. Basically everything is the same except the canister. What size hose would you recommend and do you have any other advice for the routing?
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
BDub
I've Got Gills

Re: Warm water hose length for Erica?

Post by BDub »

Sounder wrote:Hey all,

Erica is thinking she's not interested in carrying a can light on our next warm water trip but instead just wants the 10w HID hand-held with goodman. As such the regular long hose will be annoying for her to tuck into the waist and I'm thinking we could accomplish a longer-hose that's not textbook long hose length. She has stipulated that she does NOT want a traditional set-up... that's my girl! :luv:

I'm asking for ideas. I'm thinking a 5' hose that routes under her right arm, across her chest, and behind head would work but I'm sure there are other solutions.

So - no canister, small-framed gal in a DSS rig, still wants a longish-hose and bungied back-up. Basically everything is the same except the canister. What size hose would you recommend and do you have any other advice for the routing?
Go with a 5' hose...routed same way, just not tucked. We don't bring can lights on warm water trips and 5' hoses work great.
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

BDub wrote:
Sounder wrote:Hey all,

Go with a 5' hose...routed same way, just not tucked. We don't bring can lights on warm water trips and 5' hoses work great.
Sweet, thanks. I'll pick one up and we'll start our pool sessions to get her sharpened back up.
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

Does this mean I have to clean up my guest room soon?

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Sockmonkey wrote:Does this mean I have to clean up my guest room soon?

-Eric
Not QUITE yet, but soon...