Thursday July 23rd @ the "Dond"

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Thursday July 23rd @ the "Dond"

Post by BASSMAN »

skyydiiver,pogiguy05,cardiver,billandwendi,morningdiver bob and myself met up at 5:00pm at "The Dond".
1st dive:
We went down to the bottlefield and stayed at 90 fsw for awhile and eventually the group split up as we stayed with our buddies. Saw some cool small Red Octos out in the open and I had the advantage of diving with morningdiver bob as he pointed out a tiny Grunt Sculpin and also a resident GPO. It was a nice relaxing dive.
2nd dive:
gracefulc joined the party fo a second dive as did Geo. Billandwendi had planned to do just one dive.
so Morningdiver bob, cardiver, pogiguy05, Geo, Gracefulc, Skyydivver and me
Splashed for a second dive at 8:00pm. on this dive we went over to the VW and hung out at the rocks for a while and eventually we started to see some cool things there. A Stubby Sqid was there just hanging out in the open as he posed for cardiver and morningdiver bob. As my sunnto computer wanted me to move a little shallower, morningdiver bob, Geo and me went back up to the roap and navigated back along the reflector piles. Eventually, we got back to the pipe boat where morningdiver bob took pictures of gunnels and I think a shy War Bonnet. Also at the large end of the pipe morningdiver bob found another tiny Grunt Sculpin about the size of a pencil eraser. It was cool! And then as we ended the dive we surfaced in front of the entry to a beautiful, picture perfect, bright red, sunset. Another great dive! :supz:

"I have been noticing the great scenery at the end of dives around here." I thought, the only better thing to see in this sunset would have been Mt. Raineer or the Seattle skyline

3rd Dive: Gracfulc and Geo went in for a "full on", night dive. I sure was tempted but declined Geo's offer of another tank.
I know if they post a report I'll be kicking myself for not going on the 3rd dive. But then again I'm not sure my computer would let me do much of a dive, since this would have been my fourth dive of the day and they were doing thier second dive.
It was nice to meet you Gracfulc and good seeing you again Geo and Morningdiver bob!
So, Lets hear some more and see some pictures! :clap:
Thanks to all, for coming together for another "Thursday Dive!"
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Re: Thursday July 23rd @ the "Dond"

Post by cardiver »

BASSMAN wrote:skyydiiver,pogiguy05,cardiver,billandwendi,morningdiver bob and myself met up at 5:00pm at "The Dond".
1st dive:
We went down to the bottlefield and stayed at 90 fsw for awhile and eventually the group split up as we stayed with our buddies. Saw some cool small Red Octos out in the open and I had the advantage of diving with morningdiver bob as he pointed out a tiny Grunt Sculpin and also a resident GPO. It was a nice relaxing dive.
2nd dive:
gracefulc joined the party fo a second dive as did Geo. Billandwendi had planned to do just one dive.
so Morningdiver bob, cardiver, pogiguy05, Geo, Gracefulc, Skyydivver and me
Splashed for a second dive at 8:00pm. on this dive we went over to the VW and hung out at the rocks for a while and eventually we started to see some cool things there. A Stubby Sqid was there just hanging out in the open as he posed for cardiver and morningdiver bob. As my sunnto computer wanted me to move a little shallower, morningdiver bob, Geo and me went back up to the roap and navigated back along the reflector piles. Eventually, we got back to the pipe boat where morningdiver bob took pictures of gunnels and I think a shy War Bonnet. Also at the large end of the pipe morningdiver bob found another tiny Grunt Sculpin about the size of a pencil eraser. It was cool! And then as we ended the dive we surfaced in front of the entry to a beautiful, picture perfect, bright red, sunset. Another great dive! :supz:

"I have been noticing the great scenery at the end of dives around here." I thought, the only better thing to see in this sunset would have been Mt. Raineer or the Seattle skyline

3rd Dive: Gracfulc and Geo went in for a "full on", night dive. I sure was tempted but declined Geo's offer of another tank.
I know if they post a report I'll be kicking myself for not going on the 3rd dive. But then again I'm not sure my computer would let me do much of a dive, since this would have been my fourth dive of the day and they were doing thier second dive.
It was nice to meet you Gracfulc and good seeing you again Geo and Morningdiver bob!
So, Lets hear some more and see some pictures! :clap:
Thanks to all, for coming together for another "Thursday Dive!"
You forgot to mention karma, Keith.....
Attachments
IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0087.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Yes,yes!
"Karma" was there as well.
I :uh: forgot to turn on my own air as we did our first dive at Les Davis.
I intentionally forgot that little detail.
Surface swim out, drop and "No Air!" :smt119 My first thought was to laugh but then I looked at cardiver, and gave him the "thumbs up", kicked up, oral inflated and then had my good laugh as I imediatly thought of Billandwendi. I told cardiver it was Karma getting back at me. I told bill at Redondo and he said, "see? It's an empty feeling isn't it?" The only difference was, I was not as deep as he was, and I did not have to dump weights. It's funny how Life seems to come back around in a full circle.
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

What no report on the early LD dive?? Man, Redondo gets all the press..... :blah: :smt064

And here I was going to not say ANYTHING about that....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You looked alittle.... :banghead:

Thanks for the early dive Bassman :salute:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
MorningDiverBob
Dive-aholic

Post by MorningDiverBob »

Thanks for good time dives. I really enjoyed with NW Dive Club divers.
IMG_5928_1.jpg
Copper Rockfish caught a Blackbelly Eelpout.
Copper Rockfish caught a Blackbelly Eelpout.
Another Blackbelly Eelpout alive
Another Blackbelly Eelpout alive
Want a play chess ?
Want a play chess ?
Tiny (size pea) Grunt Sculpin
Tiny (size pea) Grunt Sculpin
Red Octopus
Red Octopus
Diver Bassman
Diver Bassman
Entry dive  (8:10pm)
Entry dive (8:10pm)
Sunset (9:10pm)
Sunset (9:10pm)
Go Dive and Dive Safe
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Geek wrote:What no report on the early LD dive?? Man, Redondo gets all the press..... :blah: :smt064

And here I was going to not say ANYTHING about that....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You looked alittle.... :banghead:

Thanks for the early dive Bassman :salute:
Les Davis report, please add to it... :smt064

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8990
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Errrrr..... :arsespank:

:computersmash: thanks :thumb3d:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
geo
Frequent Bubbler

Post by geo »

Yep Bassman, you shoulda stuck around. Gracefulc and I splashed once more at about 10 pm just as the whole neighborhood was coming out.

We stayed on the upper trail and didn't go much past the boat with the checkerboard, and we saw 4 octos along the way if I remember correctly. The second was tucked up under the boat and was the biggest I've seen so far, with tentacles thicker than my wrist. Kewl! :breakdance:

In addition to the octos we were visited by a cool ratfish, a stubby squid, many eelpouts, a few skittish snake pricklebacks, some starry flounder, a frosted nudi and more baby rockfish than I could shake a stick at.

Oh yeah, and the bioluminescence was very cool too!

Thanks gracefulc for hanging out for another dive and pointing out so much great stuff!

Both dives were loads of fun for me. And I was doing fine controlling my gear envy until I saw that damn X1 in the parking lot. Mmmm... Shiny....