in or out?

General topics about technical diving.
RedOne
Just Settling In

Re: in or out?

Post by RedOne »

Burntchef wrote:
RedOne wrote: Any cheep helium around?
well less then a buck a c.f. sounds cheap but it adds up. busy wed or thur??
wed or thur is crazy this week for me. We will be diving Friday 5:00 PMish.
rainbowbrite0884
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by rainbowbrite0884 »

Me and my husband both have:
-Full Cave (nacd)
-Stage Cave (nacd)
-Adv. Nitrox (TDI)
-Decompression Procedures (TDI) <or whatever it's called>

and he has:
-Extended Range (TDI)
-Trimix (TDI)
^Which I plan to get eventually I decided to get stage cave first since it was more beneficial for where we were at the time.

We are interested in getting out and seeing some of the wrecks in the Seattle area, deep or shallow.

(since the other note about bragging was posted, just letting everyone know what we are allowed to do. Willing to dive with anyone, within their limits.)

:highfive:

~Natalie
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Scubagirl45 wrote:
Grateful Diver wrote: Upcoming ... wreck penetration class in May, cave training in August

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Now I know the real reason Bob is taking a break from teaching (I was afraid it was having me for a student :smt064 )
(Actually, having students like you was one of the joys of being an instructor) ... =D>

... Bob (Grateful Divr)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Getting back to the original topic ... would any of you who are tech certified and not tech diving often enough be interested in putting together a charter in September? I'd be happy to coordinate.

All would be welcome ... OC, CC, and no matter who you certified with ... we could hook up one night for pizza and beer somewhere to match up compatible teams and make plans.

What say y'all ... let's stop talkin' and go divin' ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Assuming I pass the dives this Sunday, I'd be up for that, Bob. But Mel and I will only be baby tech divers . . . 130 max, O2 deco.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

One of the things we (as a group) would need to discuss is where to go ... Hood Canal (Pac Adventures), Central Sound (Porthole) or San Juan Islands (Bandito). That would depend on who's going and what profile they'd want.

Something like Davidson Rocks might be ideal, if we could get on it on a good tidal exchange ... since you can do anything from a "baby tech" to as deep as you care to go ... and still get an interesting dive.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Grateful Diver wrote:One of the things we (as a group) would need to discuss is where to go ... Hood Canal (Pac Adventures), Central Sound (Porthole) or San Juan Islands (Bandito). That would depend on who's going and what profile they'd want.

Something like Davidson Rocks might be ideal, if we could get on it on a good tidal exchange ... since you can do anything from a "baby tech" to as deep as you care to go ... and still get an interesting dive.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I've been in touch with Don and am putting together a charter on Hood Canal (hopefully to be announced soon), but I'd be interested in doing one to Davidson Rocks.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

Grateful Diver wrote:Getting back to the original topic ... would any of you who are tech certified and not tech diving often enough be interested in putting together a charter in September? I'd be happy to coordinate.

All would be welcome ... OC, CC, and no matter who you certified with ... we could hook up one night for pizza and beer somewhere to match up compatible teams and make plans.

What say y'all ... let's stop talkin' and go divin' ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
yes. let me know.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Either would work for me. I've done Davidson Rock, and it's an INCREDIBLE dive, and for some reason seems to be better deep than it is shallow (so you don't feel like you wasted the helium). But I've never dived anything except HCDOP dives in Hood Canal, so that would be fun, too.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Afternoon tides on Sept. 12/13 or Sept 26/27 would work well for Davidson. I can check around and see if we can get a charter for one of those dates.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Grateful Diver wrote:Afternoon tides on Sept. 12/13 or Sept 26/27 would work well for Davidson. I can check around and see if we can get a charter for one of those dates.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Hood Canal tides are easier so I'll wait until you secure a date and then will secure mine. Don is flexible.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Gill Envy
Dive-aholic

Post by Gill Envy »

to update my earlier post:

IANTD CCR hypoxic trimix

gradually going deeper, banking standard mixes, looking to get a booster... finding I actually like wreck diving, who would have thunk!
Gill Envy

...because we weren't born with gills!