CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
defied
I've Got Gills

Re: CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE!

Post by defied »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:
defied wrote: Uhm.... I don't want to get hammered for linking, but I know of an easier method...

D(B)
:violent1:

I'm not trying to be passive aggressive or anything. I just have to tread lightly around a sore subject, but google doc'ing around a bunch of people vs an alternative... I'm just sayin'

D(B)
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Plenty of club dives have been planned using this forum in a single thread. I don't think we need to get formal with spreadsheets, dive planning logistics coordinators, or other such things.

Moving along...

I think the Sounder family may be able to make it. We'll know as it gets closer, but so long as things line up and homework isn't out of control, we'll be there.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

defied wrote:
Norris wrote:#-o
let me see...8am down near Tacoma, get up at 6:00, leave at 6:30 drive drive drive....yeah I can probably do this. it'll be a two tanker, or more for sure.

Count me in and lets get a copy of a spreadsheet up on Google Docs or something where people can edit? Is that possible?
Uhm.... I don't want to get hammered for linking, but I know of an easier method...

D(B)
I, uhm, don't want to be out of line but.... I know of like a way better way to do what you all are.... but I can't.... cos I.... they were dicks.... yet I want to.... but I shouldn't.... yet I bring it up.... but then again..... JUST SAYIN'!!!!
read between the lines

How about we do it the old fashioned way and show up, BS, dive, BS, eat, BS, dive, go home, sleep.... ?

I'm all for uber-optimized scheduling at work (where the scheduling and discussion of scheduling cost more energy than the actual work), but imho club dives and lumpia are best enjoyed on the laid-back tip. Call me old fashioned. :rawlings:
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Tangfish wrote:
defied wrote:
let me see...8am down near Tacoma, get up at 6:00, leave at 6:30 drive drive drive....yeah I can probably do this. it'll be a two tanker, or more for sure.

Count me in and lets get a copy of a spreadsheet up on Google Docs or something where people can edit? Is that possible?
Uhm.... I don't want to get hammered for linking, but I know of an easier method...

D(B)
I, uhm, don't want to be out of line but.... I know of like a way better way to do what you all are.... but I can't.... cos I.... they were dicks.... yet I want to.... but I shouldn't.... yet I bring it up.... but then again..... JUST SAYIN'!!!!
read between the lines

How about we do it the old fashioned way and show up, BS, dive, BS, eat, BS, dive, go home, sleep.... ?

I'm all for uber-optimized scheduling at work (where the scheduling and discussion of scheduling cost more energy than the actual work), but imho club dives and lumpia are best enjoyed on the laid-back tip. Call me old fashioned. :rawlings:
The MAN has spoke..... :notworthy:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Tangfish wrote:
defied wrote:

D(B)
read between the lines

Rofl! Don't be angry. Norris started getting all super complex with a google spreadsheet idea. 0] That's too high tech for me.

D(B)
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

In all seriousness though, I'll probably realistically be there around 10ish. Sounds like at least one other person appreciates sleeping in somewhat on the weekends. Pez, will you and the early morning crew be hanging around for a couple dives? I hope so!
babs13
Dive-aholic

Post by babs13 »

So...going back to the request on the original post:
Pez7378 wrote:I'm announcing a club dive scheduled for October 10th. If you can make it post up! (and for those who cannot, I'm sure we'll hear from you too!)

I will make it, but don't know about 8am. Lots of bdays on Friday. Lumpia sounds yummy. :roll:
Step 1: I have a diving problem.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

if i make it up for the club dive, there's no way i'll be there at 8am. more like 9-9:30.

calvin, you know me. i'll be around for at least 2 dives.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

defied wrote:
Tangfish wrote:
defied wrote:

D(B)
read between the lines

Rofl! Don't be angry. Norris started getting all super complex with a google spreadsheet idea. 0] That's too high tech for me.

D(B)
I'm not angry. I love ya. :luv:

So, you coming or what?

BTW, in true NWDC thread-jack style I'm going to suggest that those of you who use Google Spreadsheet try out EditGrid. It's tha shizz!
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Google has spreadsheets? Is that on the in-ter-net thingy? :lalala:

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

spatman wrote:if i make it up for the club dive, there's no way i'll be there at 8am. more like 9-9:30.

calvin, you know me. i'll be around for at least 2 dives.
Yeah, I know you. You'll drive like 50 hours for a dive in a wet pothole. Gotta appreciate a dive buddy like that!
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Sounds like a good opportunity to check out the "new" Saltwater State Park! I'm planning on coming down as well!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Tangfish wrote:Yeah, I know you. You'll drive like 50 hours for a dive in a wet pothole. Gotta appreciate a dive buddy like that!
we certainly have plenty of potholes here in portland, but the seattle potholes are much more interesting.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

BlackToe wrote:
And is this dive exclusive to NWDC members, or are other people welcome?
No way. This an exclusive bunch. If you didn't take the time to get on the interweb and register, you're not welcome to an informal gathering at a public park. :grouphug:
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

:uh: I didn't get my decoder ring..... just saying.....

Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Geek wrote::uh: I didn't get my decoder ring..... just saying.....

That's cause you're not one of the cool kids. S' ok, I didn't get one either until my 3rd post making fun of Joe.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Tangfish wrote:...sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip...

I'm not angry. I love ya. :luv:

So, you coming or what?

BTW, in true NWDC thread-jack style I'm going to suggest that those of you who use Google Spreadsheet try out EditGrid. It's tha shizz!
Oct 10? Yeah, I think I can make that happen. I'm wondering what I should bring. Smoked pork? Tater Tot Casserole? I'll have to noodle this one (Pad Thai?) oohh puns!!!

D(B)
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I looked at the maps again - this looks like a perfect scooter site so I'll likely bring the MarCuda along too. Anyone else bringing their scootie?
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Pez7378 wrote:
Geek wrote:What should people bring? Just wondering, I know it's still early just wanted to get a jump on it.
Apparently one of the organizers needs to get a spreadsheet going. Mariette and I will be bringing something tasty. You know, one of those things, that if nobody else enjoys, I get to eat them all! And no, I'm not talking about Lumpia.
I think the spreadsheet was to organize who is bringing what to the event, such as to avoid 17 bags of chips and 72 cans of coke...but I'm only guessing.

:dontknow:
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Norris wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:
Geek wrote:What should people bring? Just wondering, I know it's still early just wanted to get a jump on it.
Apparently one of the organizers needs to get a spreadsheet going. Mariette and I will be bringing something tasty. You know, one of those things, that if nobody else enjoys, I get to eat them all! And no, I'm not talking about Lumpia.
I think the spreadsheet was to organize who is bringing what to the event, such as to avoid 17 bags of chips and 72 cans of coke...but I'm only guessing.

:dontknow:
How dare you, sir!

:joshsmith:
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Sounder wrote:I looked at the maps again - this looks like a perfect scooter site so I'll likely bring the MarCuda along too. Anyone else bringing their scootie?
Just remember you have to bring enough scooters for everyone... :smt064

defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

I'm gonna bring Spamwiches....

D(B)
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

defied wrote:I'm gonna bring Spamwiches....

D(B)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o[/youtube]

I don't recall the subtitles from the original version, but considering there were 'Swedish" subtitles in the Holy Grail, could be.

I'll bring Monkey Bread (monkey not included).
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

defied wrote:Oct 10? Yeah, I think I can make that happen. I'm wondering what I should bring. Smoked pork?
yes! definitely, pork.
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

spatman wrote:
defied wrote:Oct 10? Yeah, I think I can make that happen. I'm wondering what I should bring. Smoked pork?
yes! definitely, pork.
You realize that means I'll have to be up ten hours before getting to the event, right? 0]

Maybe I'll smoke it the day before, store half of it for sammiches, and put the other half in to a pot of baked beans?

D(B)