I need a buddy for some area familiarization dives

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
capt_j
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

I need a buddy for some area familiarization dives

Post by capt_j »

I came here last December but I'm just now getting ready to start diving locally.

I'm a 46 yo guy, pretty easy-going, I'm up for a challenge but I like to be well prepared for it. I believe in being safe and conservative but not uptight about it. I was in a British Sub Aqua Club affiliated club in Bermuda and those people acted like if you were PADI you were just not really a trained diver, and I didn't really care for that.

I'm a fairly experienced PADI AOW certified diver. I have done most of my diving from the beach in Southern California. including some night diving. I have also dived some in Florida and the Caribbean, and Bermuda when I lived there.

I have a heavy duty wetsuit I got used so I don't even know how thick it is but it's intended for winter diving in California so it should be good for summer in Washington :)

Right now I just want to do a couple really simple easy dives to get up to speed and get familiar with the environment here. I'm unemployed which is rough financially but at least it keeps my social calendar open :) So whenever you can go I can probably go too.

Let me know what you would be interested in diving and we'll see about getting together.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: I need a buddy for some area familiarization dives

Post by Norris »

Hey Capt_j we do a Monday Mukilteo dive and there is never a shortage of dive buddies on this board. The monday night deal is every monday so you may want to catch one of them (4:30 and 6:30 splash). I am diving Edmonds tomorrow splashing at 1pm, but we are doing a pretty crazy surface swim and I know that many people are not big fans of the surface swim, so I wanted to warn you.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Norris wrote:Hey Capt_j we do a Monday Mukilteo dive and there is never a shortage of dive buddies on this board. The monday night deal is every monday so you may want to catch one of them (4:30 and 6:30 splash). I am diving Edmonds tomorrow splashing at 1pm, but we are doing a pretty crazy surface swim and I know that many people are not big fans of the surface swim, so I wanted to warn you.

Hold on Norris, I'll check your calendar.......... :smt024

Cap_J There is a thursday group that dives down here in the south end...
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

There's also Tacoma Scuba Shop dives on Wed and Fri's in the South end as well (Les Davis usually).
Yeah Geek... maybe you'd like to show up for those, or something.... :pirate:

D(B)
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

defied wrote:There's also Tacoma Scuba Shop dives on Wed and Fri's in the South end as well (Les Davis usually).
Yeah Geek... maybe you'd like to show up for those, or something.... :pirate:

D(B)
I'm BCD-less and now that Bob was nice enough or wicked enough to let me use his plate-wing set-up I NEED to get one... waiting to get my BC back from warrenty.... unless you have something you want to let me use till then??? spare wing backplate?? :smt064
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

I do have my wing/plate and doubles.... My regs aren't tech config'ed though. 0]

Oh well.. stay dry then.... Wally's got some Deep Outdoors BC's he could rent you...

D(B)
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

We dive Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings. We also dive just about every day, depending on what everyone has going on. Our dives are geared for the new diver, and we dive Les Davis, Redondo, Fox Island West Wall, Salt Water St Park, Three Tree North and Titlow, to name a few. We always have a dive pro in the water to help out the newer divers.

Everyone is welcome to join us...at any skill level.

Best to call the store and find out where the next dive is. It depends on tides and visibility.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Capt_J

You didn't mention what area you're from. But if the north end is in the cards for you then yeah, what Norris said - join us for a Monday Mukilteo dive!
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Welcome, As you can see there is no shortage of dives op's at least in the south end. You could do just about any day of the week with one of the groups. It ain't the tropics but it's wet and salty and there are plenty guys and gals around to get wet with you.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Welcome also and like someone said we dive Thursday's in the south sound from Burien to about Tacoma area. If you read this in time check this post in the dive planning section. http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9377

Three tree is a pretty laid back kinda dive that gets to 70-80FSW. Alot of us have camera's so we wonder about looking for critters.Big and small :calvin:
Jeff Castor
doc
Avid Diver

Post by doc »

I'm here, let's do it.

Are you willing/able to dive tomorrow? (Sunday) Morning? Later?

What do you wanna do?

I'm here (Tacoma) from Portland, and I'm staying over because I didn't want to drive home. If you would like to catch a dive, I would be thrilled. I'm a bit new, so you'll have to go easy on me.

:)
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

unfortunatley i am not able to dive but about once a week. That would be Thursday's. good luck and happy diving
Jeff Castor