Hello From Brier

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
BearMan
Getting To Know Folks

Hello From Brier

Post by BearMan »

Hello to one and all!
I've visted this board a few times, but just finally decided on taking the plung and register!
I've been diving locally (Edmonds and Mukilteo)and in warmer waters in Belize for the better part of 3 years now.
I've havent done any diving since March of this year because my dive buddy decided that it was time for a Job change and moved south.
When my buddies talked me into getting certifed, I was a little relucktant. I didn't think that I would like it.
But since I got involved, I just can't get enough! It's to bad that I only have weekends available to dive and since I have a growing family, I can't get out every weekend.

I'm really looking forward to meeting some new people and getting into the water again!
Like I said, I havent been in the water for some months now and think that I need to take things a little slow so that I can relax into it again!

Best Regards to one and all!!

:mmmbeer:
MrsDiverBob
Avid Diver

Re: Hello From Brier

Post by MrsDiverBob »

Welcome to the family!!! :grouphug: You'll always find someone around here who wants to dive!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

The monday night madness sounds like a good fit for you. Then there's thursday nights also. If you have a normal day job those should get you back into it. Of course there is always something going on on the weekends too. Don't be shy just wade in. You'll find most of the group here open to new or in your case rusty divers.

Also the dive shops in the south end have shop dives almost every conceivable week night so there is no shortage of opportunities.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Welcome! And definitely check out our Monday night dives at Mukilteo in the dive planning section.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the board!
Yeah, we get together at Redondo or Three Tree at 5:00 pm (meet time) which allows some of you North enders to come dive with us on Thursdays.
Not this Thursday, but keep an eye on the dive planning section for the Thursday dives. We usually do two dives but if you can only do one that's okay too!
GLAD TO SEE YOU DECIDED TO TAKE THE PLUNGE! :metal:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
BearMan
Getting To Know Folks

Post by BearMan »

Hello All,
Thank you for the warm Welcome.
Sorry to take so long to get back to this post, but I've had some health issues to deal with.
I'm really looking forward to meeting you all and getting back into the water!

I've got some time off coming up here, so maybe I can join in on some of the weekday fun!

Thanks again!!

BearMan :mmmbeer:
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

BearMan wrote:Hello All,
Thank you for the warm Welcome.
Sorry to take so long to get back to this post, but I've had some health issues to deal with.
I'm really looking forward to meeting you all and getting back into the water!

I've got some time off coming up here, so maybe I can join in on some of the weekday fun!

Thanks again!!

BearMan :mmmbeer:
Welcome to the club! There will be a club dive this weekend, there will be plenty of fun going on and great people to meet.

By any chance are you related to man bear pig? Or bear shark octopus?? :smt064 <<thats pulling your finger btw http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9630
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Dashrynn wrote:By any chance are you related to man bear pig? Or bear shark octopus?? :smt064 <<thats pulling your finger btw http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9630
Do you mean "pulling his leg?" If you're pulling his finger voluntarily, I don't want to be anywhere near either of ya.

Welcome to the club BearMan. Hope to see you on Saturday.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Sounder wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:By any chance are you related to man bear pig? Or bear shark octopus?? :smt064 <<thats pulling your finger btw http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9630
Do you mean "pulling his leg?" If you're pulling his finger voluntarily, I don't want to be anywhere near either of ya.

Welcome to the club BearMan. Hope to see you on Saturday.
I was ill informed...i assumed such would be said...so i came up with an awesome comeback....

YOUR MOM GOES TO COLLEGE!

Okay now that you have been blown away by awesomeness, how does it feel?
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Dashrynn wrote:I was ill informed...i assumed such would be said...so i came up with an awesome comeback....

Why yes she does. In an odd similarity to Spatman, my mother also went to college, and also continues to go to college now as a professor at UW. :neener:
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Sounder wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:I was ill informed...i assumed such would be said...so i came up with an awesome comeback....

Why yes she does. In an odd similarity to Spatman, my mother also went to college, and also continues to go to college now as a professor at UW. :neener:
Do you benefit from that? I wished i had a mom or dad that was a dean or teacher of a big fancy college... :offtopic: :threadjacked:
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Dashrynn wrote: I was ill informed...i assumed such would be said...so i came up with an awesome comeback....

:uh: ....I'm confused by this comment. Is it a line from some TV show or something? Is it supposed be be an insult? I've always been proud of the fact that my parents, and my grandparents for that matter, attended college. :questionmarks:

Enlighten me.....

- John (UW Grad)

BUT....in the meantime....WELCOME, BEARMAN!!!!!!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

John Rawlings wrote:
Dashrynn wrote: I was ill informed...i assumed such would be said...so i came up with an awesome comeback....

:uh: ....I'm confused by this comment. Is it a line from some TV show or something? Is it supposed be be an insult? I've always been proud of the fact that my parents, and my grandparents for that matter, attended college. :questionmarks:

Enlighten me.....

- John (UW Grad)

BUT....in the meantime....WELCOME, BEARMAN!!!!!!
not into napoleon dynamite? its his older brother that says that phrase. i quote alot of movie phrase's. I kidd wayyyy to much so you can always assume its a joke.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

No worries....I figured that it was a joke......I just didn't get it because I never saw Napoleon Dynamite, (a movie...right?). :rawlings:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Don't feel bad John, I had no idea either... and I painfully subjected myself to that movie.

Go Dawgs.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

John Rawlings wrote:No worries....I figured that it was a joke......I just didn't get it because I never saw Napoleon Dynamite, (a movie...right?). :rawlings:

Don't sweat it John you're way, way, way, waaaaaayyyyyy out of the demo for that movie. :rawlings:
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Nwbrewer wrote:
John Rawlings wrote:No worries....I figured that it was a joke......I just didn't get it because I never saw Napoleon Dynamite, (a movie...right?). :rawlings:

Don't sweat it John you're way, way, way, waaaaaayyyyyy out of the demo for that movie. :rawlings:
i've seen the movie several times, and still didn't get the reference.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Welcome! :bday:

Give a shout if you decide to dive the south end (hoods canal, etc.)
MZ
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Dashrynn wrote:
Sounder wrote:

Do you benefit from that? I wished i had a mom or dad that was a dean or teacher of a big fancy college... :offtopic: :threadjacked:
Not one bit. I paid for undergraduate and graduate school, at UW and SU respectively, all by myself. Often I wished I'd had the GI to pull from, but I paid 100%. Best investment I've ever made.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Sounder wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:
Sounder wrote:

Not one bit. I paid for undergraduate and graduate school, at UW and SU respectively, all by myself. Often I wished I'd had the GI to pull from, but I paid 100%. Best investment I've ever made.
Nice is all i can say...so i checked on the x1 on the liquivision site...thats a nice computer.....and the video where the x1 is more interesting than the manta rays and then! the guy gets dive bombed by one is somewhat funny and amazing (manta rays that is)
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Dashrynn wrote:
Sounder wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:
Sounder wrote:

Nice is all i can say...so i checked on the x1 on the liquivision site...thats a nice computer.....and the video where the x1 is more interesting than the manta rays and then! the guy gets dive bombed by one is somewhat funny and amazing (manta rays that is)
Yeah, that's my favorite Liquivision X1 video. The Mantas thought it was bioluminescence when, in fact, it was the OLED screen bouncing off the diver's mask. I'd love to hear the story of getting body slammed by a huge Manta Ray from the diver who was diving the X1 and filming it... maybe NWDC's own Sockmonkey :eric: will chime in (or better, start his own thread).
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

Yes, you must feel it is the best comeback ever. Especially since you have used it in at least 3 seperate posts.

I simply can not wait for the next opportunity to witness such an awesome comeback.
BearMan
Getting To Know Folks

Post by BearMan »

Hello One and All!!
Thanks for the warm welcomes!!
I wish that I could say that I will be joining into the diving fun in the near future now that cooler temps have taken hold and visability get clearer.
Unfortunately my health issues have taken me out of the water for a little while.
I was just released from Swedish Hospital on Friday, where I had 6 Stents placed into the Arteries of my heart.
The surgery was a success and I will eventually be able to get back into the water, but it will be some weeks down the road before I can think about doing that!
I will be spending the next few weeks going through a supervised exercise program.
After that is completed, I have been assured by my doctor that I will be able to hit the water again!

So until I can join you, I hope that the rest of you have some Fun, Safe diving !!

Be Well!!

BearMan
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Bearman hang in there and just kick it here on the forums for some "virtual" diving. Many people on this site have done just that and it helps. We will be here when you are ready.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Sorry to hear that Bearman. My Dad had 5 stents put in last year. It was a bummer but he felt so much better afterwards and was back to diving within 6-8 weeks. Hopefully things will go as smooth for you.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith