CL Faber LP 95's $250 (for the pair) fresh Hydro's

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
skyydiiver
Avid Diver

CL Faber LP 95's $250 (for the pair) fresh Hydro's

Post by skyydiiver »

I found this on CL this morning...probably won't last very long...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/spo/1365242864.html

(2) Faber Steel 95 CU FT Low Pressure Scuba Tanks

Steel tanks are heavier than aluminum tanks they require lower working pressures while providing a larger gas capacity. When diving with these tanks less weight is needed, making them perfect for divers that use dry suits.

FABER is the leading manufacturer of steel scuba tanks in the world and is the market leader in Europe where diving with steel cylinders is the norm. Faber's cylinders are manufactured from deep drawn Chromium Molybdenum steel plates to DOT and TC specifications.

These tanks have been used less than 12 times, are in great condition and were hydro'd 07/2009.

Retail new for over $300 each.

$250 Firm for both thanks. U-haul.
Scuba Diving is not a sport...it's a Leisure Activity - Kerie
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Re: CL Faber LP 95's $250 (for the pair) fresh Hydro's

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I was eyeballing those. That's a great deal for somebody! I'm on the lookout for a worthington 100 or 119 if you come across one.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

Unlike many on this board...my wife has limited me to two tanks in the garage. Thats a nice deal. Why don't you double those up Matt?
Sean
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

sunnydude wrote:Unlike many on this board...my wife has limited me to two tanks in the garage. Thats a nice deal. Why don't you double those up Matt?
If I wanted to schlepp that much weight around I'd want to go with a set of 119's. I've been diving a pair of LP 95's and I'm not sure I'm quite sold on how they trim out for me.

I'm tempted to buy those just to have them at that price but alas I've been spending a little too much on gear lately. Plus I'm still working on a set of doubles and a deco bottle.

Sigh... I remember thinking when I bought all my gear brand new right after open water class that boy was that expensive but at least from now on diving will be cheap. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

sunnydude wrote:Unlike many on this board...my wife has limited me to two tanks in the garage.
Tell her you want to put a compressor in the garage... you'll have more tanks immediately.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Ugh I wish!

I don't have the loot for them now, but they would be perfect! I wonder if they'd trade for tournament paintball gear.....?

D(B)
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Doh, looks like my friend got dibs on them.
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Wow. Nevermind. Looks like the guy doesn't know how to make a deal, and stick to it.

D(B)
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

defied wrote:Wow. Nevermind. Looks like the guy doesn't know how to make a deal, and stick to it.

D(B)
Did they try and raise the price???
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Norris wrote:
defied wrote:Wow. Nevermind. Looks like the guy doesn't know how to make a deal, and stick to it.

D(B)
Did they try and raise the price???
:uh: :popcorn:
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

he told me to come pick them up at 5:30, then he emailed back and said they've already sold???
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

He made a deal this morning with my friend so she could pick them up tomorrow. Then he told her someone was coming at 5:30 to pick them up today, then he said they were sold. Impatient, anyone?

Still a dick move. You stick with the deal you make. You don't make multiple deals just cuz.

D(B)
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

he told me he had a list of interested parties, but I was the closest and that I could pick them up at 5:30pm. Then he emailed and said they were already sold. Kinda goofy, but I glad someone got a deal.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Paulicarp wrote:he told me he had a list of interested parties, but I was the closest and that I could pick them up at 5:30pm. Then he emailed and said they were already sold. Kinda goofy, but I glad someone got a deal.
Thats a commendable stance on the situation, but really what a dick move. Whenever I sell something, it goes to the first person, done deal. Take the ad down and do business. I would guess that there was a bidding war going on in the background.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

I agree with Rick...someone offered more money to get them. Had that happen to me with an outboard motor and it pissed me off. :angry:
Sean
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

I'm glad someone got a killer deal too, but what I don't like is that making a deal is a verbal bond of agreement, and breaking that deal shows disrespect, and a flagrant lack of integrity.

I understand that people are concerned about making deals that could be dropped, but someone has to have the integrity to follow through with a promise. I'm definitely not saying I'm innocent of ever doing this, but I at least attempt to be open and honest about the situation.

D(B)
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

I agree. By the looks of it, he didn't want to wait a minute longer than he had to to unload them. Makes me wonder...
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Stolen? In Arlington? It's more reasonable that he hasn't been in the water for a while, and needs to make money quick like... but anything is possible.

Hey, so if anyone has some lp 95's or 98's to sell, let me know. My friend is on the market for a set.

They need to be single configurations, not doubled up.

D(B)
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I found two brand-new HP119s for about this price on CG and I immediately called the guy saying I was leaving "now" to bring him cash. Two hours after he posted them, I had them in my truck and was driving home. I've learned to do this after being sniped a few times on "deals" I thought we'd made.

It's not right - I agree, if you make a deal you need to stick with it (both parties). Depending on what was said during "the deal," it could be a legal contract. If it is a contract, it's doubtful that anyone would sue... but it's there. The contract would be for them to sell you those tanks for this price... so even if they sold them to someone else, they'd still have to source the tanks and sell them to you for the agreed upon price.

Generally, just don't do business with that person again or know what kind of person you're dealing with going into it.
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Exactly. I found a deal for two LP95's purchased in 2003, and never used for $150 each. I drove my ass up to Seattle in about half an hour and picked them up.

My friend is learning how this works.. slowly, but surely.... 0]

D(B)
skyydiiver
Avid Diver

Post by skyydiiver »

Hey Sounder...those 119's weren't used only to fill paintball tanks and never in the water were they? Saw a CL ad that offered a set of 120's like that for $100 obo the other day and the guy said they lasted 15 minutes before someone said they would take them.

Just curious.

oh and defied...there are 4 Faber LP 112's for $225 ea on CL...i know there a bit bigger than 95/98's but figured i'd throw it out there

Matt
Scuba Diving is not a sport...it's a Leisure Activity - Kerie
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

skyydiiver wrote:Hey Sounder...those 119's weren't used only to fill paintball tanks and never in the water were they? Saw a CL ad that offered a set of 120's like that for $100 obo the other day and the guy said they lasted 15 minutes before someone said they would take them.

Just curious.

oh and defied...there are 4 Faber LP 112's for $225 ea on CL...i know there a bit bigger than 95/98's but figured i'd throw it out there

Matt
Nope - new diver, $99 special, bought all the gear (x2) at UWS sale, and it sat in their garage for 12 months... then they were looking to sell it. :joshsmith:
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Those are now sold. 0]

Thanks!

D(B)
skyydiiver
Avid Diver

Post by skyydiiver »

Hey defied...here is a pair of LP 98's...175 ea