As n00b as they come.

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: As n00b as they come.

Post by LCF »

Congratulations, revstr! And if you're looking for a buddy for a few post-certification dives to get oriented, please feel free to PM me. It is a particular pleasure of mine to go out with new divers, because experienced people showed me so much kindness and patience when I was new.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

So did you get all done with your OWC?????
revstr
Frequent Bubbler

Post by revstr »

sungurl wrote:So did you get all done with your OWC?????
Yep, all done! Now looking into equipment.
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

Congrats!!!! As I learned from my dives yesterday, equipment makes ALL the world of difference!!!!
Good luck..
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

revstr,

Congratulations on getting your OW cert. You were a pleasure to teach and I just hope you enjoyed the class half as much as I did.

Please feel free to take LCF up on her offer to go diving. As you might imagine, we have, and this Board has, quite a bit of gear that is sometime (oft times?) available to borrow. (Just don't sue us!!!)
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Congrats Revstr!

Look forward to seeing you on a Monday soon =D>
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

CONGRATS!!!! :boucegreen: :boucegreen: :boucegreen:
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome to the dive club!

I'm another fan of focusing on other gear before the drysuit, especially if you're a hearty sized male. There are a number of good wetsuits out there to buy and use while you assemble the rest of your kit and get used to controlling your buoyancy - in the meantime, you can learn about drysuits and what to look for in your first one.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome to the dive club!

I'm another fan of focusing on other gear before the drysuit, especially if you're a hearty sized male. There are a number of good wetsuits out there to buy and use while you assemble the rest of your kit and get used to controlling your buoyancy - in the meantime, you can learn about drysuits and what to look for in your first one.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Tangfish wrote:Welcome to the dive club!

You can say THAT again....

thanks for that pez
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
dougfritts
Just Settling In

Post by dougfritts »

Im a noob too.. Im just renting wetsuits along with the rest of the gear until I build up the cash for a drysuit! If I go buy a wetsuit it will just set me back in getting my drysuit! Just my opinion.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Peter Guy wrote:revstr,

Congratulations on getting your OW cert. You were a pleasure to teach and I just hope you enjoyed the class half as much as I did.

Please feel free to take LCF up on her offer to go diving. As you might imagine, we have, and this Board has, quite a bit of gear that is sometime (oft times?) available to borrow. (Just don't sue us!!!)
Awesome! Congratulations!