CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Re: CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE!

Post by Pez7378 »

Dashrynn wrote:Someones up a bit early..... :sleep:
I've been up for about 5 hours now. :coffee:
Pez7378 wrote:
16 days until D-Day........(Dive Day)

Situation: Several members here have been suffering from Extreme Nitrogen Deficiency which can only be remedied with copious amounts of time underwater breathing compressed gas from various size steel and aluminum cylinders. Many of those very people have yet to meet many of the others and introductions are required prior to splash time. Following dive operations, several of the team members will require refueling. Food and beverages will be issued as needed.

Mission: We will be conducting a full scale assualt of the target area. Site surveys are currently being drawn up, and they will be issued prior to deployment. We will be conducting a series of Dives, to a multitude of depths and durations depending on equipment config. and certification. There will also be an assortment of delicious cuisine for your post dive dining pleasure. Our goal is to ensure the initial force arrives simultaneously for the full briefing so they're prepared to brief the other teams as they arrive. Dive operations will begin shortly after arrival and it's expected that all those that are qualified engage in at least one dive. If necessary we will have a full support team staged and ready to assist. I want a go team (TBD) ready to be in the water no later than 0900.

Execution: Upon arrival, several teams will begin setting up operations while the other teams engage in useless banter and assemble their equipment. Teams will arrive according to level of enthusiasm and ability to get out of bed following a long night of drinking. We've got elements that will be converging on the site from the North, South and East. Those travelling from the West will most likely have to travel part way by boat. (You'll have to make arrangements with the Ferry system). As soon as teams are ready to splash, they will conduct the necessary dive planning, equipment checks, bubble checks etc and enter the water at a pre-designated location. Additional teams may begin their dive on regular intervals as determined by the team leaders. It's imperative that all teams returning from the water file a verbal after action report that includes but is not limited to the conditions, the visibility, and the presence of cool and unique critters.

Admin and Logistics: The primary staging area has yet to be determined. There are some suitable picnic areas close to the entry point that offer a good field of view of the surrounding area including the water. There should be a Fresh water gear rinse station nearby. There will be several teams that generally bring medical supplies should they be necessary. Announcements are usually made as to the location of O2 kits, AED, First aid kits prior to deployment. Again, there will be sufficient personnel on hand to assist with retrieval of these items. There will be several Save a Dive Kits on hand as well. I recommend however, that all personnel that will be engaged in diving operations ensure that their individual equipment is fully operational 24 hrs prior to deployment. Charge batteries, Wax Zippers, Lube O-rings, Fill Cylinders, Argon bottles if used Etc. Mandatory equipment for Scuba Diving is as follows: Exposure protection, Fins, Mask, Weight Belt, Bouyancy Compensaton Device, Scuba Cylinder, Primary and secondary Regulator, SPG, Compass, Depth Gauge and Bottom Timer, 1 cutting device, Primary Light source. Optional equipment includes: Back up lights, Pony Bottles, SMB, Spare Mask, Wetnotes, Camera (Still and Video) All team members are expected to bring any other equipment they feel is necessary to ensure a safe operation.

Command, Control and Signal: Although I have been given the "Codename Julie" I am not in charge of this operation. I am merely an organizer. You are all professionals and I expect that you won't require much leadership or guidance. We will have some key players in control of food distribution, site briefing etc. they will be introduced at the beginning of the operation. Those of you that are relatively new to the team however, are more than welcome to approach me or any of the senior members and we will be happy to square you away. If there is anyone you must meet, let me know and I'll happily introduce you. I assure you, there will be some BIG names in PNW diving at this operation. Signals are standard Scuba signs taught by most agencies. Those using signs or signals that are outside the norm will be sure to coordinate with the other divers to avoid confusion.

More information will be disseminated as we bear down on the date of the operation. If I receive additional intel, I'll pass it on as soon as it's recorded.

Codename "Julie"
Pez7378 wrote:
Mattleycrue76 wrote:I'm confused. So what was the plan again?
#-o

Show up. Dive. Eat. BS with friends. Dive. Eat. Leave.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

spatman wrote:
6:50am isn't that early for some people. in fact, i think it borders on "getting a little late" for a certain owner of this forum. :calvin:
lol its too early for me but i get up at 6 on most days and get off at 4 or 5 pm

And is the owners name calvin?
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

spatman wrote:
6:50am isn't that early for some people. in fact, i think it borders on "getting a little late" for a certain owner of this forum. :calvin:
I believe 6:50am falls into the category of "bedtime" for said forum owner. :calvin:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Dashrynn wrote: And is the owners name calvin?

The diver formally known as Calvin.....I think his name is a symbol now...
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Geek wrote:
Dashrynn wrote: And is the owners name calvin?

The diver formally known as Calvin.....I think his name is a symbol now...
interesting... :uh: haha these stories are almost as fun as diving :popcorn:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Pez7378 wrote:As we get closer, I'm going to try to keep this thread on track (which means responding with actual words we can all understand). So far I count about 26 folks planning on showing up and a small handful of maybe's. I'll need to get a roll call going here in the next few weeks. Then we might want to start working out the menu, my vote is for FOOD.

**Whew!** When is the REAL Julie getting back from Vacation? This is stressful.
The Sounder family will be there, unknown time (likely mid-morning before lunch, after nap). I'm bringing the MarCuda and two plump 130s. Anyone else bringing a scooter?
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote:Anyone else bringing a scooter?
if there's an extra, i'd love to try it out.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

spatman wrote:
I could probably arrange one. Just be careful, they're addictive.

Anyone else bringing scooties?
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I think Mrs. Sax and I will be there early, probably for the 9AM dive. I'll bring a whole mess of HP120s and a 119. U'm in for 2 dives and Hannah will most likely only want to do 1 (she dives wet-TWSS.) If someone wants to borrow a HP120, or a set of 2xl turtles, let me know.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

scottsax wrote:I think Mrs. Sax and I will be there early, probably for the 9AM dive. I'll bring a whole mess of HP120s and a 119. U'm in for 2 dives and Hannah will most likely only want to do 1 (she dives wet-TWSS.) If someone wants to borrow a HP120, or a set of 2xl turtles, let me know.
o0 how many 120's you plan on taking? I have 2 al 80's but for this occasion i may rent more
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I may borrow your turtles for a dive Scott.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Tom Nic wrote:I may borrow your turtles for a dive Scott.
I have some you could try too.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Dashrynn wrote:
scottsax wrote:I think Mrs. Sax and I will be there early, probably for the 9AM dive. I'll bring a whole mess of HP120s and a 119. U'm in for 2 dives and Hannah will most likely only want to do 1 (she dives wet-TWSS.) If someone wants to borrow a HP120, or a set of 2xl turtles, let me know.
o0 how many 120's you plan on taking? I have 2 al 80's but for this occasion i may rent more
I have 4, so I'll bring them all. I'll only use 2, and the others will be up for grabs...
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

scottsax wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:
I have 4, so I'll bring them all. I'll only use 2, and the others will be up for grabs...
dibs!!!!!
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I'll be bringing 3-4 tanks and the scooter. I'm pretty sure (ankle allowing) Joe's bringing his too.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

spatman wrote:
Gotchya covered, Mr. Spatman ... I'll be kickin' and picture-takin' ... so you can use mine.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Nice. Two Matts, me, and a Polish gimp having scooter fun.

Bob's scooter is in good shape too - Dylan recently inspected it just to be sure.
Dylan inspecting Bob's scooter
Dylan inspecting Bob's scooter
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Grateful Diver wrote:
spatman wrote:
Gotchya covered, Mr. Spatman ... I'll be kickin' and picture-takin' ... so you can use mine.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Does anyone have a scooter I could try? I would love you forever and ever
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sounder wrote:Nice. Two Matts, me, and a Polish gimp having scooter fun.

Bob's scooter is in good shape too - Dylan recently inspected it just to be sure.
Dylan checking up on things....jpg
Jeez, do you really have purple Croc's on that kid? :angryblue:
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Grateful Diver wrote:
spatman wrote:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
awesome! thanks, bob.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Sounder wrote:Nice. Two Matts, me, and a Polish gimp having scooter fun.

Dylan checking up on things....jpg
Jeez, do you really have purple Croc's on that kid? :angryblue:
They're blue, but you're right - they look purple. Must be all Hayley's priness-stuff in Scott's "man-room." :penelope:
luv 2 dive
Just Settling In

Post by luv 2 dive »

OK!!! This sounds WAAAAAAAAAAY TOOOOOOOOO much fun to miss!!!
I have arranged to have the day off work and will drag "Thing 1 and Thing 2" with me!!( aka dwashbur and chenari)
We will try to convince Tami Stein to also join the craziness!!!
We will show up around noonish or so and I would LOVE to do 2 dives.
I am not sure how dave will do if there has to be a long surface walk or swim.
He may have to bum a ride on a scooter!!! :rawlings:

See ya there!! :boucegreen: :breakdance: :clap: \:D/ :snorkel:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I just woke up and am getting ready to go out, then my ears started burning.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Tangfish wrote:I just woke up and am getting ready to go out, then my ears started burning.
Hope you had a fun time............Goodnight.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

luv 2 dive wrote:OK!!! This sounds WAAAAAAAAAAY TOOOOOOOOO much fun to miss!!!
I have arranged to have the day off work and will drag "Thing 1 and Thing 2" with me!!( aka dwashbur and chenari)
We will try to convince Tami Stein to also join the craziness!!!
We will show up around noonish or so and I would LOVE to do 2 dives.
I am not sure how dave will do if there has to be a long surface walk or swim.
He may have to bum a ride on a scooter!!! :rawlings:

See ya there!! :boucegreen: :breakdance: :clap: \:D/ :snorkel:
No worries there. I'm sure Fishstiq, or Mattleycrue76 would be more than happy to share!