New member in Everett

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
onasphere
Avid Diver

New member in Everett

Post by onasphere »

Hello,

My name is Jim, and I just moved to Everett a few months ago. I've been busy settling in, and I have had to keep running back to Bend, Oregon to take care of things. I live on a 28' sloop in the Port of Everett, and I have a 10'6" Advanced Cat inflatable boat capable of hitting Hat Island in about 10 minutes laden with gear. My dive experience has been almost completely technical dives for my boat dock building business. http://northwestdocks.com/

I have gone on only two recreational dives. Both of those were on Bainbridge Island. I want to dive the local spots to keep from doing too much driving. I can put all our gear in my inflatable, tow it out with the sailboat, drop anchor, make a pot of coffee, and we can dive from my inflatable. If you'd like to dive from my boats, please contact me! I can also use help from time to time on dive work for my business.

Jim Guy
Owner of Northwest Docks
When you see a Llama, you must say "Look out! There are Llamas!". - Monty Python
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: New member in Everett

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome to the board Jim!

I'm sure you'll find some northenders willing to take you up on your offer.

If you ever get to the South end let us know and we'll be happy to show you some of the sites from shore.

Best Regards,

Tom Nic
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Welcome to the NWDC Jim. I'd be more than happy to help you out from time to time. Judging by your website, you've got a nice business going. Let me know anytime you want to get out and log some BT.
dieseldude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by dieseldude »

Welcome Jim, I'm the dieseldude but you can call me MJ. I'm a northender myself. I'm just down the street from Kayak Point. I'd love to do the Hat Island Barges for sure! I would also be interested in doing some diving related to actual money making. I'm a Senior Master Mechanic for Ford Motor Company who's looking for a way out. I'm real good at what I do but It'd be nice to have a job I actually enjoy. Give me a shot. I'll glady work to pay for my boat dive.
I'm leading the wife & a few friends tomorrow at Edmonds Under Water park. We're meeting at noon & you are welcome to join us(you might wish you had the boat-long surface swim). You'll find there is a regular gathering at Mukilteo T-dock monday night(all nice folks). I can show you Camano State Park but you cant tell anyone how cool it is, its a secret :fish:
MJ
" What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Welcome Jim!

You should definitely come check out our Monday dives in Mukilteo. Open to all skill and experience levels and more likely than combined with a stop at the Diamond Knot - a local brewery - for some post dive :occasion5:
Shoot you could probably just shoot right over in your inflatable. Check the dive planning section for updates.

I have been wanting to do the hat island barges and reef for a while. Maybe if I can find the electrical problem I'm having with my boat (18ft open bow) we can take both boats and a bunch of peeps.

Cheers

Matt
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

welcome Jim! I'm often guilty of hanging with the Monday group too, so I'll look forward to seeing you there if you can make it!

--Paul
fuzzydoodle
Frequent Bubbler

Post by fuzzydoodle »

Welcome, I just recently joined as well, and found a dive buddy within a day of posting!

I am from the Everett/Lynnwood area as well, so if I ever make it to the Monday dives, maybe I will see you out.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Welcome!!!
I would LOVE to help, and certainly am available for boat dives
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Welcome to the club! if you ever have the urge to dive one of whidbey's spots i would be more than happy to accompany you.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the Club Jim! :highfive:

Keith.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
onasphere
Avid Diver

Post by onasphere »

I didn't realize I had all these kind replies to my first post. I just now read them. I'm trying to figure out how to get an email notification if I get a reply to a post.
When you see a Llama, you must say "Look out! There are Llamas!". - Monty Python
onasphere
Avid Diver

Post by onasphere »

Finally saw the notification email checkbox, and checked the sucker. Now I should be able to keep current.
spatz84
Aquaphile

Post by spatz84 »

hey welcome to the club. I a north ender and a frequent face at the MMM. dive night. I usually hit the earlier dive. be great to see you out there and make a personal hello. I'm also a property owner on Hatt Island ( I can use the on shore facilities with no hassels ) and love to dive the lagoon and Barges out there, I'm always up for a dive trip there.

S.
onasphere
Avid Diver

Post by onasphere »

Do you have a slip in the little marina on Hat Island? I'm assuming you're talking about Hat/Gedney, not Hat Island near Anacortes. So confusing!
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Jim it was good meeting you today and putting a face to the name. Look forward to coming up and diving Skyline with you some time.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
onasphere
Avid Diver

Post by onasphere »

Any time! I came back to a sickening burned ellectronic smell in the. Boat, and the laptop isn't taking a charge. No Youtube. Video uploads until I figure this out.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it doesn't turn out to be too bad.
spatz84
Aquaphile

Post by spatz84 »

Ya its gedney Isl. I use to maintain a boat out there when I lived on the Island. But I moved back to the mainland and don't boat there anymore. the slips are all first come first serve there ( property owners only ) anyways.

S.