New from Bremmerton/Port Orchard area.

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
jbrew
Getting To Know Folks

New from Bremmerton/Port Orchard area.

Post by jbrew »

Hi. My name is Josh and I am currently in the process of moving to the Bremmerton/Port Orchard area and looking to meet new divers in the area to show me some good dive sites. I am also interested in any dive clubs in the area. I am SSI OW certified with NITROX, Dry suit, and Deep Diver specialties. Thanks
sungurl
Aquaphile

Re: New from Bremmerton/Port Orchard area.

Post by sungurl »

HI Josh! Welcome to the board..I'm sure you'll find no shortages of folks here that will be willing to dive with ya :)
I'm a newbie, so still figuring out how to get everything situation so I can have some real fun :)
You should come to the club dive and meet the whole crew!

Welcome again :)
:mmmbeer:
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Yep. Join us for the club dive! And Welcome to NWDC!
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
jbrew
Getting To Know Folks

Post by jbrew »

Thanks for the welcoming posts. Unfortunately I wont be in the area for the club dive (on Oct 10th right?). I dont get into town until Oct 13th. Are there any regular dives that are scheduled on like a weekly basis or a club in the area?
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I don't know about Bremerton/Port Orchard but we dive Mukilteo every Monday and there's a group that dives the southend sites on Thursdays.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome Josh!
You don't have to look any farther than this board right here. There are many active divers on this board who will dive with you on any day you want to dive. It's so cool! Just go to the "Dive Planning" section and post what day, place and time you want to dive and wait for a response. It works! I just dove Wednesday,Thursday,(I had to cancel Friday) Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday! And with that I met about 8 divers I had never met or dove with before!
And I've been around here for 4 years now!
Hope to see you at one of our regular Thursday afternoon/night dives. :thumb3d:

Keith :salute:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
geo
Frequent Bubbler

Post by geo »

Welcome aboard Josh!

Yep there are a number of divers and cool sites on the West side, and you can't go wrong heading South or East or North either. KitsapDiver is awesome and has been organizing a fairly regular West Sound dive that is always fun.

Bassman's Thursday dives are a great place for new folks to hook up with local divers, and his advice on the Planning section is spot on.

This is a great board, chock full of talented and very nice divers. You'll have no trouble finding opportunities.

I'll be out of town for the club dive but will be back on the 13th as well, I'll be happy to dive with ya.

-geo
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

The shop there in Bremerton frequently organizes group dives, as well, and even when there's not something like that, you can usually pop in and find somebody looking for buddies to go to Harper's and places like that. We lived in Bremerton two different times and never had a problem finding places to dive and people to go with.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
jbrew
Getting To Know Folks

Post by jbrew »

Thanks everyone for all the advice and welcomes. I really wish I could be at the club dive. That sounds like a lot of fun. I will be posting up in the dive planing section a dive after I get there to see if anyone wants to go out and show me around. Thanks again for all the advice.
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Post by kitsapdiver »

Welcome Aboard,

As geof said we have been trying to organize a fairly regular thing over here on the west sound. It's kind of hit or miss right now with a fairly small following. (Geof and I chiefly) there is rebreathernut on this side of the water.

Lately we have been going for thursday nights, and it seems to be getting more regular so we'll see if it continues.

Did you get a job in the area? Are you Navy? What brings you to the area? If you're interested in getting a club together, I've been trying to make it happen but the interest just isn't there right now, but it seems we've had a number of folks post recently in the introductin forum from Bremerton/Port Orchard so it's building slowly.

I live in Port Orchard, and have tons of gear if you need to borrow anything, or want to try out new stuff. Give me a holla. If you just want to shoot the shit about diving feel free to give me a call I'll PM you my number, and I can give ya a feel for some of the local dive sites, shops, etc. etc.
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
jbrew
Getting To Know Folks

Post by jbrew »

kitsapdiver wrote:Welcome Aboard,

As geof said we have been trying to organize a fairly regular thing over here on the west sound. It's kind of hit or miss right now with a fairly small following. (Geof and I chiefly) there is rebreathernut on this side of the water.

Lately we have been going for thursday nights, and it seems to be getting more regular so we'll see if it continues.

Did you get a job in the area? Are you Navy? What brings you to the area? If you're interested in getting a club together, I've been trying to make it happen but the interest just isn't there right now, but it seems we've had a number of folks post recently in the introductin forum from Bremerton/Port Orchard so it's building slowly.

I live in Port Orchard, and have tons of gear if you need to borrow anything, or want to try out new stuff. Give me a holla. If you just want to shoot the shit about diving feel free to give me a call I'll PM you my number, and I can give ya a feel for some of the local dive sites, shops, etc. etc.
kitsapdiver, Thank you for the invitation. Yes, I am in the Navy and will be in the area for 4 years or so. I am very much into diving and am willing to go anytime that I am not working. I would love to get a club going if the interest is there as its a great way to meet new people and see new divesites. When I get in the area, I will get ahold of you about the Thursday dives. Thanks again for everything.
jbrew
Getting To Know Folks

Post by jbrew »

geo wrote:Welcome aboard Josh!

Yep there are a number of divers and cool sites on the West side, and you can't go wrong heading South or East or North either. KitsapDiver is awesome and has been organizing a fairly regular West Sound dive that is always fun.

Bassman's Thursday dives are a great place for new folks to hook up with local divers, and his advice on the Planning section is spot on.

This is a great board, chock full of talented and very nice divers. You'll have no trouble finding opportunities.

I'll be out of town for the club dive but will be back on the 13th as well, I'll be happy to dive with ya.

-geo
geo, It sounds like you and kitsapdiver are both from the area. Great to hear from you and thanks for the advice. I look forward to diving with you both.