Cressi Archimedes II Computer-Reset at depth

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Cressi Archimedes II Computer-Reset at depth

Post by kitsapdiver »

I was diving Sunday, I did two dives, both of them required mandatory decompression. The first dive went off with out a hitch. The second dive was not as smooth. I made my decent, and at about 108 feet about 9 minutes into the dive I hear my computer beep. It was warning me that I was within 3 minutes of my NDLs I continue the dive and at 11 minutes look down to see 1 minute on my NDL. A minute later i hear a beep, looking down expecting to see a DECO screen I see a screen that reads a zero in every block. I thumb the dive, and head to 20 feet for 5 minutes and then 10 feet for 10-15 minutes just to be safe.

This was the first time I had down repetitive decompression dives with this Computer. It didn't give me an Err message like it would if I would have locked it out, it simply reset. I had to change all the settings from factory default again (metric, etc.), but other than that it recalls my first dive on the log, and not my second.

Here are some questions I have for the board: The archimedes is sold by Cressi, but it's the same firmware and what not as the Dive Rite Duo, Right? Where is the manufacturing line for the computer? Has anyone seen these symptoms before with resetting after going into deco for the second time in a day, on the cressi or any computer from the same factory? I know I need redundant computers as I push my diving deeper, and longer, does anyone have one they would suggest, outside the line that DR, Cressi etc. already put out? I plan on taking my Tri-Mix course in the future, have considered the TriMix computers but really figure that by the time I'm doing that type of diving, I'll just run on guage mode and be just as satisfied.
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
bob
Avid Diver

Re: Cressi Archimedes II Computer-Reset at depth

Post by bob »

I also have the same cressi with 30 dives on it . went to hood canal to do some diving ! got down to 50 feet the computer said i was past my deco???? All the function's were going off!! i was with friends and showed them and laughed piece of crap apparently :angry: I spent a fair amount of $$$ on this Brandnew computer
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I have it to and the only complaint so far is that if it's set to nitrox you have to set it each morning before you dive because it defaults to 100% and will lock out if you go into the water without setting it

I would think that you should contact cressi and see if there is a problem with your computer. These are virtually the sme as the nitek duo and I have not heard anything similar about them
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

kitsapdiver wrote:I was diving Sunday, I did two dives, both of them required mandatory decompression. The first dive went off with out a hitch. The second dive was not as smooth. I made my decent, and at about 108 feet about 9 minutes into the dive I hear my computer beep. It was warning me that I was within 3 minutes of my NDLs I continue the dive and at 11 minutes look down to see 1 minute on my NDL. A minute later i hear a beep, looking down expecting to see a DECO screen I see a screen that reads a zero in every block. I thumb the dive, and head to 20 feet for 5 minutes and then 10 feet for 10-15 minutes just to be safe.

This was the first time I had down repetitive decompression dives with this Computer. It didn't give me an Err message like it would if I would have locked it out, it simply reset. I had to change all the settings from factory default again (metric, etc.), but other than that it recalls my first dive on the log, and not my second.

Here are some questions I have for the board: The archimedes is sold by Cressi, but it's the same firmware and what not as the Dive Rite Duo, Right? Where is the manufacturing line for the computer? Has anyone seen these symptoms before with resetting after going into deco for the second time in a day, on the cressi or any computer from the same factory? I know I need redundant computers as I push my diving deeper, and longer, does anyone have one they would suggest, outside the line that DR, Cressi etc. already put out? I plan on taking my Tri-Mix course in the future, have considered the TriMix computers but really figure that by the time I'm doing that type of diving, I'll just run on guage mode and be just as satisfied.
Yeah, you got me a little nervous when you showed me your comp at 90 feet. Rofl! all 0's!?!? heheheh... Especially because your mix was diff than mine, and you had obligations the first dive as it was. I'm glad we popped up to 50, and hung out, slowly heading up, and doing appropriate stops (Even though they were nice and long, we were in the warm thermal layer).

I've got my suunto in for repair (Maybe they repair it, maybe they don't) because it likes to tell me that I've completed my dive while I'm sitting at my safety stop sometimes. :angryblue: But my Versa Pro seems to like me enough.

D(B)
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

I don't know how to ask this with out sounding a bit condescending, though truly it's not intended....

Have you been thru, or have you studied decompression theory. I personally don't let my computer 'run' my deco so if it craps out on a dive it's simply annoying (though I've never had a comp fail during a dive, I still won't commit a dive solely to one)

Sound's like you got out ok but did you get out in the best/safest way possible? It sounds like you spent almost 30 minutes doing deco?... is that right?

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the comp, I personally have never been a fan of that line of computer.... or Aries in general for that matter.

again... I hope that didn't come out sounding condescending, it really was not intended to be so.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy