CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
ketralis
Aquaphile

Re: CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE!

Post by ketralis »

Hey guys, thanks a bunch for setting up this dive. I had a BLAST, and it was great to meet some more divers. I dove with Terry who apparently has yet to post, but was great fun, we splashed just after Winter and Mike (Mark?). Had a good dive, but we missed the rock piles entirely, think we went too far and must have just missed them. It was fun anyway though. Thanks to Mike (Mark?) for letting me borrow his spare computer, it was my first time diving with one as mine needs to be rebuilt. It was great though, and I barely knew what to do with myself with all the divers there.I think I was the second or third person to get to the site,right after Scott, and people really started showing up in force about an hour later.

It was a great time, but by the time Terry and I got out of the water I was pretty exhausted and didn't stick around for as long as I would have liked. Definitely looking forward to the next Club Dive so I can meet some more folks.
-Kevin
Divers have to be safe when they go under the water. Divers can't go down alone, so they have to go down on each other. (Becky, age 8)
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

Sounds like a fun day. Did anyone take any topside photos?

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

ketralis wrote:... we splashed just after Winter and Mike (Mark?). ...Thanks to Mike (Mark?) for letting me borrow his spare computer, it was my first time diving with one as mine needs to be rebuilt.-Kevin
Kevin,
Great to meet you and no problem for the computer. Give a buzz if you're ever down the southern way (Hood Canal/Sund Rock, etc.).
MZ
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Sockmonkey wrote:Sounds like a fun day. Did anyone take any topside photos?
-Eric
Yeah, I think Calvin might. Maybe he got some of Scottsax's 'new' mask too. That thing was a 'beaut......
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Winter
Dive-aholic

Post by Winter »

Awesome seeing some of yall again, and forgeting names as well. Next time we need those "hello my name is" tags. Happy diving...
http://www.winterdiverart.com/
Be not the slave of your own past ... plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Winter wrote:Awesome seeing some of yall again, and forgeting names as well. Next time we need those "hello my name is" tags. Happy diving...
THATS WHAT I SAID!!
MrsDiverBob
Avid Diver

Post by MrsDiverBob »

Dashrynn wrote:
Winter wrote:Awesome seeing some of yall again, and forgeting names as well. Next time we need those "hello my name is" tags. Happy diving...
THATS WHAT I SAID!!
Exactly what I kept saying too! I said we need a name tag with our screen name on it and our "real" name!!
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

MrsDiverBob wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:
THATS WHAT I SAID!!
Exactly what I kept saying too! I said we need a name tag with our screen name on it and our "real" name!!
Geek and I were going to have our screen names printed on our shirts, we just didn't ahve the time....I think that would be cool..across the back of the t-shirts like football jersey's......then on the arm have our "real names" in smaller print....

I'm sure outsiders got a real kick out of hearing us introduce ourselves by our screen names....lol.....

I think next time we should have mandatory pictures too....then we can build a "yearbook" with everyone's individual pic, screenname and real name....just my 2psi (always wanted to use that, roflol)
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

sungurl wrote:I think next time we should have mandatory pictures too....then we can build a "yearbook" with everyone's individual pic, screenname and real name....just my 2psi (always wanted to use that, roflol)
Great idea! Since Saturday I've been trying to match screen names to real names based on who I remember from the day. Pictures would be so helpful! I'm terrible with names, so next time I see some of you, if I greet you with reference to where you were parked on Saturday (or by the type of dog you have :)), that is why. A lame excuse, I know.
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

lizard0924 wrote:if I greet you with reference to where you were parked on Saturday (or by the type of dog you have :)), that is why.
That made me laugh out loud!
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by kat »

grey vanagon, oatmeal cookies. black and purple drysuit.
hi!
"As long as you get everything tucked into your pants, you are good to go." -wasp7000
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Black Jeep, Tater Tot Casserole, doubles.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

purpleish neon (the car.... not winter's hair); apple cider/all-natural twinkies; single 119, and red video camera housing
Check out the VIDEOS!
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

oh ohh! me me! red yaris,white lp95, bare d6 pro suit (blew my seal pulling it off), ummmm brought abunch of weiners and some mini donuts (someone has them btw), yellow scubapro split fins, and incredibly sexy >.> hahaha :roll:
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Dashrynn wrote:oh ohh! me me! red yaris,white lp95, bare d6 pro suit (blew my seal pulling it off), ummmm brought abunch of weiners and some mini donuts (someone has them btw), yellow scubapro split fins, and incredibly sexy >.> hahaha :roll:
Green Ford minivan with Idaho plates, parked in the cripple space, black lab pup that everybody falls in love with, and we wound up with your hot dogs and mini donuts. They were left over at the end of the day and nobody claimed them. The donuts are gone, of course, but some of the dogs and buns are left if you want them back ;)
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by kat »

and i played duckie in the puddle.
"As long as you get everything tucked into your pants, you are good to go." -wasp7000
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

dwashbur wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:oh ohh! me me! red yaris,white lp95, bare d6 pro suit (blew my seal pulling it off), ummmm brought abunch of weiners and some mini donuts (someone has them btw), yellow scubapro split fins, and incredibly sexy >.> hahaha :roll:
Green Ford minivan with Idaho plates, parked in the cripple space, black lab pup that everybody falls in love with, and we wound up with your hot dogs and mini donuts. They were left over at the end of the day and nobody claimed them. The donuts are gone, of course, but some of the dogs and buns are left if you want them back ;)
wanna trade for the pup?
Winter
Dive-aholic

Post by Winter »

Rode with MZ, pink hair, brought cheetoes and candy corn.
http://www.winterdiverart.com/
Be not the slave of your own past ... plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Lots of tanks, x-table, cute little dude running around smiling and carrying a stick, black 4Runner with the license place "WOLFEEL."
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sounder wrote:Lots of tanks, x-table, cute little dude running around smiling and carrying a stick, black 4Runner with the license place "WOLFEEL."

You forgot "dry gear"...
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Sounder wrote:Lots of tanks, x-table, cute little dude running around smiling and carrying a stick, black 4Runner with the license place "WOLFEEL."

You forgot "dry gear"...
Thanks for bringing that up - I'll have my therapist send you the bill directly. :crybaby: But hey, that's "the closest I've come to diving in a month." :banghead: Grad school sucks... and so does having to round up all your gear while everyone else goes diving.

153 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes and 5 seconds until I get my life back.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Dashrynn wrote:
dwashbur wrote:
wanna trade for the pup?
There are days, believe me! But if I did that I'd have to find a new home myself, so I guess not.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com