October 23rd: Scapa Flow and DAN Internship presentation at

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

October 23rd: Scapa Flow and DAN Internship presentation at

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Join 2007 Divers Alert Network intern Christine Hankins at A-2-Z Scuba in Puyallup on October 23rd at 7pm for a
presentation on the Divers Alert Network (DAN) Internship program and her experiences living and diving in Scapa Flow, Scotland!

Come support the Divers Alert Network Internship program by attending this FREE seminar with
first-hand accounts of diving in Scapa Flow, home to the scuttled World War I German High Seas Fleet, as well as countless other wrecks (including a U-boat!). Learn why this location is so important to the DAN Internship program and especially, why it is so important to Pacific Northwest Divers. This presentation will include first-hand accounts of each of the German Fleet wrecks, as well as photo and side-scan sonar images.
Your tax-deductable donations are welcome and will go solely toward funding of the DAN internship program! Help DAN continue improving diving safety AND learn about one of the best wreck diving sites in the world, all in one night!

RSVP's are appreciated so we have a rough head count, and because we have limited space. Contact A-2-Z at (253)840-DIVE. A-2-Z is located at across from the Subway on River Road in Puyallup; street address is 1109 River Road, Puyallup, WA.

Can't make it? Don't worry! For those of you who are unable to make this presentation or who live further south, head to Seven Seas Scuba in Vancouver, WA on November 12th at 7pm, where this presentation will be repeated!
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Re: October 23rd: Scapa Flow and DAN Internship presentation at

Post by WylerBear »

Christine does a nice presentation. And she's a member of this board (gracefulc). If you can, try to make it to hear her.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Wish I was going to be here...

However, since I'm going to be in Nootka Sound it takes the edge off.

I'll try and head down to Vancouver, visit my son, check out 7SEAS, and the presentation!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
gracefulc
Avid Diver

Post by gracefulc »

Sorry to hear the timing is off Tom, hope to see you at Seven Seas instead!

I'm really excited for this presentation guys - I've modified it to include a lot more photos (including side-scan sonar images of the German Fleet) and really think you'll be excited to hear about the diving in Scapa Flow. The history of this area is really incredible and something that is worth the trip to see! :clap:

Hope to see you there!
gracefulc
Avid Diver

Post by gracefulc »

Bump! Presentation is tonight! :)