New to the club

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
oceanwild
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New to the club

Post by oceanwild »

Hello NW Dive Club. . I was referred to the site by John Rawlings and Josh Smith when they were up here in Prince Rupert diving with us. The site looks interesting and I am looking forward to reading the topics, and conversing with other dive enthusiasts. My husband and I have been diving in the north coast of BC for numerous years (10+ for me, and 30+ for my husband) and we are still exploring and finding wonderfull new dive sites. I recieved my PADI Openwater in 1992 and was certified as an Instructor in 1994. I totaly enjoy diving and love to get in the water on a regular basis. After meeting John and Josh, I have become really intrigued by the rebreather systems they were using and their benefits to accessing different diving environments. I hope to learn more about this type of diving from your websit and if it "fits" with us.

Cheers
Almudena
Oceanwild
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Re: New to the club

Post by dwashbur »

Welcome! You'll find this is the best bunch of people around.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Welcome Almudena!
It's a great bunch, PapaZ and I hope to get up that way sometime.
Happy diving!
MZ
:fish:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Welcome! I hope you will enjoy this club as much as I do. I've found it to be a great place to meet other divers and make new friends.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

Welcome to the club here....hope you will enjoy getting to know folks....because these are some of the most wonderful folks around. Glad you decided to join! Welcome!!!1
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Welcome Almudena
I've only been here about a week and already I dig the folks here. I think you'll find it a fun place :partydance: :clap: :smt038 :bounceline: :grouphug:
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

welcome! josh and john were just telling me about their adventures up there! hopefully i'll get to make the trip up there sometime.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Welcome, 'Dena! I'm really pleased you joined our site! I've been meaning to send you an email thanking you again for such a great trip- I've just been really busy since I got back to "reality." Also: I'm lazy. We had such a great time with you guys- I can't wait to come dive the Queen Charlottes with you next year! And I really, really want to check out that WWII dump site you told us about.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Welcome! This is a fabuliscious place to learn cool stuff, meet new people, and talk dive shizzle!

And other things - the "Everything Else" threads are generally quite entertaining, albeit not dive oriented!

Enjoy!
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Welcome, Almudena!!!!

I'm SO glad that you decided to join NWDC - there's some really, really great folks here that LOVE Northwest diving and it'd be fantastic to link you up with them!

For those wondering who Almudena is, here's a link to our recent trip with Oceanwild:

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9615

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Welcome, I hope to hear more from way up North. You are located on a beautiful bit of coast that I have been wanting to revisit for a long time. Is the area around the marina still painted with the Holstein Cow motif?
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

renoun wrote:Welcome, I hope to hear more from way up North. You are located on a beautiful bit of coast that I have been wanting to revisit for a long time. Is the area around the marina still painted with the Holstein Cow motif?

Yep. It's still Cow Bay, and lots of stuff is painted like that. That's right where Mike and Almudena have their dive shop- also where the amazing Cow Bay Cafe is located- right across from Cowpuccino's coffee! I really liked Prince Rupert. Lots of pickup trucks with Dogs in them, and also a bunch of really great places to eat and drink, along with some really great museums and cultural yadda yadda. But still a working class town, in most ways. Kind of sophisticated, but almost everyone you meet is a working fisherman, or logger, or they run people out to look at whales and grizzly bears, or they do underwater welding....my kind of place!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the club Almudena and Spouse!
Hope you get a chance to come down South and check out some of our dive sites! Keep an eye on the "Dive Planning" section and you can also invite divers up to your neck of the woods too! :metal:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: