3TN last night

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

3TN last night

Post by cardiver »

Here are a few pics from Three Tree last night. It was nice to get in the water after the head cold that I had on Thursday.
Attachments
DSC00324.JPG
DSC00317.JPG
DSC00299.JPG
DSC00296.JPG
DSC00288.JPG
DSC00265.JPG
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Re: 3TN last night

Post by DiverBob »

Great shots Ron! I really like the photo quality of that new camera. How did you get the Nudi to glow? Very cool!
Last edited by DiverBob on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is good, let's dive!!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

DiverBob wrote:Great shots Ron! I really like the photo quality of that new camera. How did you you get the Nudi to glow? Very cool!
Keith and I had talked about backlighting one a while ago and he saw a perfect opportunity to give it a shot!
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Gooch
Submariner

Post by Gooch »

Nice shots! I need to dive 3T soon :)
http://nwdivers.me/blog/ Original articles and dive reports from local divers in the Vancouver, WA area. Suggestions for stories or your own reports are welcome!

Benoit
Aquaphile

Post by Benoit »

Couple pics too.
Attachments
IMG_0520.JPG
IMG_0512.JPG
IMG_0502.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG
- Benoit.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

A couple of great dives! We saw several of the usual suspects at Three Tree. and 4 out of 5 divers were taking pictures. I helped with finding critters and back lighting where I could. Check out Ron’s first picture of the Nudibranch,I actually put my light directly behind the kelp leaf as Ron took a picture. We saw a couple of GPO’s under boats and hung out with a couple of Red Octo’s. Then…I’m not sure who found it first, but it was a huge (?Fish eating?)Anemone! It was the diameter of a dinner plate!
Biggest one I’ve seen at Three Tree N.
Thanks Cardiver,Pogiguy,Benoit and Tom Nic for a fantabulos dive! :metal:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

:boucegreen: Can I play too? Even though I'm late? :boucegreen:

A few of my pics from these dives are here .

Here's a few that I thought were interesting.

I've found this female Kelp Greenling in the same spot on two different night dives. The normally skittish girl has allowed me to get close for a shot - perhaps because she feels sheltered?

I like these "stacked" Gunnels. From others that I've seen I'd guess the green one is Penpoint, the orange one is a Crescent, and the brown one is a Saddleback.

This small Plumose was starting to digest a very unwilling Jelly. I think it is a Cross Jelly?

This Crescent Gunnel can't decide which way is up, and in the process makes me smile.

And finally, I like the way this little Red Irish Lord is framed by the Oregon Triton and the Tube Worms.

Thanks for a couple of great dives guys!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Nice work guys, Looks like you had a good dive.
ryanone
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ryanone »

Nice Shots,,,,There are some pretty good photograghers on this site...Keep them coming =D>
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Fantastic shots, everyone! Really, really fine work that does each of you proud!

While I'm admiring each and every one of them, I'm especially fond of this one of Tom's. I've never seen a "group shot" with those three species huddled together like this before....pretty magical!

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

John Rawlings wrote:Fantastic shots, everyone! Really, really fine work that does each of you proud!

While I'm admiring each and every one of them, I'm especially fond of this one of Tom's. I've never seen a "group shot" with those three species huddled together like this before....pretty magical!

I was going to say the same thing. That is a great shot! Very cool guys!

D(B)