Brand new diver

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

So Mouse:
how come we still are not seeing any dive reports from you ?

see you in December you can be my dive budy that weekend as my usal dive budy will not be joining in on thihs trip he has to take his familey on a trip to FL.

PS my wife Mollie said to tell you congrats on your cert
how many dives are you up to now?

See you soon going to try to make it up your way to dive with Tom and your Dad between now and december

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Mouse
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Mouse »

thank you mollie! i havent got many dives in things always seem to always be popping up in the way >.<
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Welcome Mouse.

Hope to see you in the water soon! Next time get your priorities straight. Diving comes FIRST. Then everything else. IE work, school, family, friends, concerts. geesh... You would have thought Bassman would have taught you this.. Talk about not being brought up right... :evil4: haha jk..
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Mouse
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Mouse »

haha yes, scold him!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

The whole work & school thing tries to get in the way... are you still in school or are you past that wonderful care-free \:D/ time in life having now entered the world of responsibility and bills? ](*,)
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Responsibility? Bills? Work? :toimonster:
She is 15.75 years old!
She has no Idea whats in store for her!
Soon it will be: 1st Job , 1st car, 1st car insurance bill,1st ticket,
1st fender bender.#-o

And somewhere in there ...1st Night dive :supz:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

If I could only go back through high school knowing what I know now! :bounce:

Yup - lots of 1st's coming up for her (and you!)... 1st date, 1st boyfriend, 1st :smt119

Bassman, do you own a shotgun yet?
Mouse
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Mouse »

goodness people! shotgun!? stop promoting violence >.<
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

The shot gun prevents violence =D> ... "Peace through superior firepower."
go_nudi
Avid Diver

Post by go_nudi »

"Peace through superior firepower."

Sounder, you rock!

I once dated this girl that before I could go out with her I had to be interviewed by her dad. He sat in a rocker across from me as I sat alone in a vacant couch, in a purposely vacant room (except for us), asking me questions from faith to purity to damn near everything else, all with a shot gun laying across his lap.
Neat
Underwater
Dilly-dallying
Invertebrate
Busy
Roaming
Along
Nice
Calm
&
Happy
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Someone actually did that to you? Classic! Every father talks about doing it, but to have someone actually do it is funny.

Once while I was in law enforcement I had a female roommate (a good friend whom I'd known for years who left a bad relationship and needed a place to stay) who had a guy come pick her up (first date)... I'd been to a range training/qualification all day and was cleaning my AR-15 and Rem870 that evening when the guy showed up to take her out... there I am on the kitchen table drinking a diet pepsi cleaning my weapons and he walks in... priceless. Turned out to be a cool guy (and they eventually got married), but the discomfort on his face was simply priceless (I don't know if that was because of the guns or the fact that "a dude" answered the door, but either way it was funny).

When I first started getting serious with Mrs. Sounder, her father mailed me an "application to date my daughter" with all the probing questions on it... I filled it out and returned it. Almost 2 years later (2 weeks before the wedding) I get another envelope in the mail... I open it, and it's my "application" but the words "to date" were crossed out and replaced with "to marry" my daughter. He had stamped the word "APPROVED" all over the front of it in red ink too. I'm best friends with her dad now yet neither one of us has ever uttered a word about it to the other. Good stuff.

Those of you with daughters - there are several "applications" online. Just Google "application to date my daughter." Good times!
go_nudi
Avid Diver

Post by go_nudi »

Yea, before the actual interview I had heard from other people that he did that and just thought that was a farce. Having never seen a shot gun up to that point I was taken back a bit. If I ever have a daughter... I cant wait!
Neat
Underwater
Dilly-dallying
Invertebrate
Busy
Roaming
Along
Nice
Calm
&
Happy
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

That's too funny - I'd heard things like that too but never was subjected to them.
ghostsquad
Getting To Know Folks

Post by ghostsquad »

congrats on the new cert!