Classy move

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Classy move

Post by Joshua Smith »

This was recently brought to our attention by multiple people:
DIW.png

We talked amongst ourselves about whether to respond at all, and in the end, we decided to let everyone who comes here see it, so they can make up their own minds about the folks at plan your dive who thought adding this "group" to their website was a really cool idea.

We have also decided to remove any links to that site that are in people's sig lines- I don't like having to censor anyone, but if the PYD "crowd" wants to smear us, we don't feel any obligation to help spread the word about their site.

Defied- I've never had any beef whatsoever with you, but it surely looks as if you put this up- care to explain your motivations?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
ketralis
Aquaphile

Re: Classy move

Post by ketralis »

If you'll pardon my language, What a DICK. This is a great group and I thank you all for being great. You are truly great. Now go enjoy being great and understand that you are, indeed, an awsome group!

If you'll pardon my language again, censure the #%@$ out of those bastards.
-Kevin
Divers have to be safe when they go under the water. Divers can't go down alone, so they have to go down on each other. (Becky, age 8)
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Stay classy, indeed. WTF?
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Pretty Chump...

Tried to find the page and couldn't.... Perhaps it's gone already?

Sigh.... folks and their bent noses... really uncalled for and really a huge misrepresentation of NWDC.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

They could have at least proofed it before posting. Typos just make them look dumb(er).
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Tom Nic wrote:Tried to find the page and couldn't.... Perhaps it's gone already?
the page is still there, at least as of now, but you have to have a PlanYourDouche login to see it.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

spatman wrote: you have to have a PlanYourDouche login to see it.
:rofl: :geek:
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I was never all that keen on a list of site reviews predominantly plagarized from someone else's out-of-print book, but man that's lower than low Looks like they have taken a cue from the CDNN dopes too and gotten some bogus "advertisers" to given it an air of legitimacy as well.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

spatman wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:Tried to find the page and couldn't.... Perhaps it's gone already?
the page is still there, at least as of now, but you have to have a PlanYourDouche login to see it.
I just got the "Honey you ok?" from laughing so much at my computer... alone.

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Wow, and I agree with Penelope... wtf?

Childish, inappropriate, lame, and given the source incredibly ironic.

I'm not even sure how to respond to it... I'm actually a bit offended, which those who know me know is quite a thing.

So what's the deal with it Defied? Why the cheap shot? Don't make an excuse saying it's a joke, because it isn't.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Can anyone with a PYD login create a group like this, or could this only have been done by an admin?

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

spatman wrote:
:laughing3: :roll: :spatman:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I'm pretty sure that somewhere on the internet somebody is looking at me funny. Given the chance they would also probably put a finger on MY side of the back seat. Good thing that they don't know that I am looking at them funny right now.

No need to go all Hatfields and Mcoys now.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

renoun wrote:No need to go all Hatfields and Mcoys now.

I'm a no-fooling, blood relative of the McCoy clan. My side lost that one.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Hmmmmm ... posted November 9 in a now-locked thread on this board ...
H2Odoctor wrote: you miss quoted me and didnt use the whole thing...Id expect More from you , this was a Low Blow , and a Bunch of bullshit ...i proved a point and alot of people got Butt hurt today, along with some PM's from Spattman.. Im done with this Board and going over to Plan your dive , with Black Toe ... thnks for 3 years ... Later
Coincidence ???

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Whoo hoo! We've finally arrived. You're not truly a success unless somebody hates you. I say congratulations NWDC! :bday:

Seriously, to each their own, but I do find it funny that someone who feels that way would spend so much time here... :thumb3d:
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

airsix wrote:Can anyone with a PYD login create a group like this, or could this only have been done by an admin?
it looks like anyone can create a group. that particular group was created by defied, though.

bob - no dates are shown as to when groups are created, but maybe someone can give us an idea when they first noticed it appear.

and btw, that group has been removed from the PYD site.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

spatman wrote:and btw, that group has been removed from the PYD site.
Maybe someone figured out that building your site by trashing or lampooning another site that lots of folks like isn't the best business plan...
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Tom Nic wrote:
Maybe someone figured out that building your site by trashing or lampooning another site that lots of folks like isn't the best business plan...
too bad it took being outed on another public website for that realization to happen.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

spatman wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:
too bad it took being outed on another public website for that realization to happen.
...and too bad screen shots are forever. I certainly saved a copy.

So the "group" has been pulled from the website... which means they're aware of the discussion here on NWDC... yet nobody has responded.

Since Defied created the group, perhaps he should respond to the NWDC community to address the blatant insult he so freely and publicly posted. Posting it was pretty lame, but pulling it without responding to the group he attacked seems cowardly.

Totally unprovoked, unwarranted, and inappropriate.

:banplz:
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Hi!

I posted and receving the following on their board regarding that "group" site:

DIW (Do It Wrong) Scuba Squad
by Diver_C » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:31 pm

http://www.planyourdive.com/GroupDetail ... 36f0897015

What is the point of this page? Isn't it a little odd to be flaming someone else's website? Seems inappropriate, inaccurate, and is certainly not nice. : (
Diver_C

Re: DIW (Do It Wrong) Scuba Squad
by Jared » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:56 am

Diver_C wrote:
http://www.planyourdive.com/GroupDetail ... 36f0897015

What is the point of this page? Isn't it a little odd to be flaming someone else's website? Seems inappropriate, inaccurate, and is certainly not nice. : (

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. While I do know the administrator of that group personally, the information posted there is certainly not in the spirit of what PyD is all about. Specifically, PyD is all about cooperation (not competition) and defied's views, as stated in the page you referenced, do not reflect those of PyD.

"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." - Jack London

Jared
Site Admin

Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

2 points.

1, in spite of how people here might personally feel about H20 Doc, give credit where its due. If he has a problem with someone, he brings it up to them directly. No way would he pull something like this, he would just post it here, and he is the LAST one who would ever take shots at any divers skill level.

2. Defied, if this was you, at the club dive you were social, laughing and joking with people, sharing food (and a beer or two if I remember correctly) with members of this board. Now you pull this? Chicken shit, cowardly, two faced... pick an insult, it fits. You are an asshole. Rather than sit on your fat ass and post backside insults about other divers, why don't you do like so many here have done and volunteer your time, energy, knowledge, gear, effort and skill to help?

Eff you. Douchebag.

Sorry NWDC for not being family friendly on this one. Mods please edit as you see fit.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Fishstiq wrote:2 points.

1, in spite of how people here might personally feel about H20 Doc, give credit where its due. If he has a problem with someone, he brings it up to them directly. No way would he pull something like this, he would just post it here, and he is the LAST one who would ever take shots at any divers skill level.

2. Defied, if this was you, at the club dive you were social, laughing and joking with people, sharing food (and a beer or two if I remember correctly) with members of this board. Now you pull this? Chicken shit, cowardly, two faced... pick an insult, it fits. You are an asshole. Rather than sit on your fat ass and post backside insults about other divers, why don't you do like so many here have done and volunteer your time, energy, knowledge, gear, effort and skill to help?

Eff you. Douchebag.

Sorry NWDC for not being family friendly on this one. Mods please edit as you see fit.
:bounceline:
I love when my first impression of someone is spot on!
What a POS!
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Fishstiq wrote:Defied, if this was you
from the group page:
group.png
group.png (19.83 KiB) Viewed 1458 times

from the pyd forum:
user.png
user.png (51.96 KiB) Viewed 1458 times
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Fishstiq wrote:2 points.

Eff you. Douchebag.

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: