NW Dive Club Winter Hood Canal trip, Dec 8-10

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

Is it DECEMBER YET :bounce: ????
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Cera wrote:Is it DECEMBER YET :bounce: ????
I am with you. I am so ready for this trip.
Get paid for diving got to love them paid vactions

see you all there

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

Sounder wrote:I'm in for counting fish too! I don't have a slate (yet). FISH-O! :bounce:

And... Rest-A-While has WiFi so if we were really inclined, we could enter our surveys online right there from the campsite! \:D/
Wishful thinking, Sounder!! REEF hasn't set up online data submissions for the PNW yet. The ever-popular Caribbean gets that privilege...but they keep telling us...SOON :) (not holding breath - always keep breathing, first rule of scuba!)

I think it's fantastic that Calvin offered to head up a critter count for the NWDC dive weekend bash, and very cool so many of you wanna help out. Wish I could join you - just looked at my calendar and I'm already booked that weekend :(

Most of the low O2 problems have pretty well passed now - you might find some remaining stressed critters here and there, but it's pretty well getting back to 'normal'.

HOWEVER, if you'd like to help out the Hood Canal Dissolved Oxygen Program, you can submit data online to them - check this out:
http://www.hoodcanal.washington.edu/divers/index.jsp

Have a great time guys!

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

Is it too late to get in on this shindig? I'd really like to go, and I'm pretty sure I can get friday off so I can go all three days. It would just be me, and I'm willing to sleep on the floor if I have to. This would be a good way for me to meet everyone.

Nick
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

hey Nick

I dont have a problem with you comeing along if you dont mind crashing out on the floor. I am sorry but I am almost 100% sure all the bunks are spoken for at this point

bring a sleeping bag and your dive gear and we will see you then

and yes this is a grate way to get to know the other club members we had a real grate time at the trip we did in July

and by the way bro Welcome to our little P. O. D ( Pool Of Dive budies )

see you at the retreat,

if you guys give me a day or so I will post a revised list
so we know who is in and is not going tobeabule to join us

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Mr. and Mrs. Sounder are in, and are glad to help count fish! :bounce: Our campsite is confirmed, we've got arrangements to borrow several tanks from a friend to bring (4 HP130's, 2 HP119's, and 2 HP80's to add to our 2 HP100's and 2 HP130's), and we're really excited to dive Sund Rock for the first time!!! I hope someone will volunteer to give us the "lay of the land" on our first couple dives! :prayer:

We're bringing either corn bread or tamale pie (a Tucson, AZ treat - 100% promise you'll love it!) for lunch to compliment Mav's legendary chili, and veggies with tempura batter to be fried with the turkeys for our pot-luck addition to Sat's dinner!!! We're also bringing cash for NWDC shirts!!!

If anyone from the Seattle Metro area (Everett to Federal Way) needs help transporting gear or needs a ride, we're leaving Friday mid-afternoon from the eastside and we've got an F-350 Crew cab (full 4-door) with leather, a great stereo, and lots of room for gear! Even if you're driving yourself and just need tanks/gear transported or something, coordinate with me and we'll hook up so I can get your stuff and have them there for you when we arrive. We're hoping to roll in around 5pm-ish or so and will come find the rest of the crew when we get there - I'm hoping to catch a quick night dive with the crew before dinner & bed.

This is going to be great - we're really looking forward to it! Cheers to Sparky for turning this thread into an actual trip!!! Wahoo!!! \:D/
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Yeah, I 'm getting excited as well! :bounce:

Sounder, when you stop in at the Dive Shop to purchase your pass, etc. you will get a first class briefing!

Bassman & I plan on showing up early Friday and should have a couple of dives in by the time you get there! I'd love to dive with you and Erica again... although you'll have a TON of dive buddies to choose from! Hey, come to think of it, if we could talk John Rawlings into coming we could raffle tickets for a dive with John! :supz:

We'll also get in a night dive on Friday as well.

As much as the wind and weather suck, this is just what the doctor ordered in terms of stirring up Hood Canal a bit to get water moving and oxygen levels back up.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I have to bail out on the dinner thing on Saturday,
Sparkey you can still bring your turkey and fryer I will give you some tips on "Safe cooking" and how to cook a perfect turkey!

That way, there will still be oil for Sounders Tempura.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

ok Bassman

Sorry you have to skip out on the dinner. hope it nothing bad

See you there

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

No Problems, I need to be at another dinner function with the Spouse that night.
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I'll be there the 9th and 10th. Just me.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

Wow camping, Diving, Chile and turkeys on fire !!! :violent3: sounds like a REAL DIVE TRIP!!!! WAHOO...
I think we are definelty coming, but don't know where we are staying yet. Hopefully I'll have my new drysuit, so I can keep up with you diving fools!!!! I think after Turkey day, Ill just lay down and sleep till the 7th so I am ready to goooooooo. :partyman:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I'll be diving wet. Maybe we can suffer in our uncomfortable freeze together. Look forward to seeing everyone there. Bring my bag Sparky!
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Sergeant Pepper wrote:I'll be diving wet. Maybe we can suffer in our uncomfortable freeze together. Look forward to seeing everyone there. Bring my bag Sparky!
Bag what bag?????

you know I will.

See you there I am realy getting stoked for this trip after all some of us well be getting paid to spend the day diving .
Got to love them paid vactions

I know I do
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Yeah - not much better than a paid vacation!

For the wet divers, we have a hot fresh-water shower outside the RV that you're welcome to fill your wetsuit with.

We need to start talking about what everyone's bringing! We're bringing cornbread or tamale pie to go with Mav's chili for lunch, and veggies with tempura batter for dinner.
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

Food FOOD FOOD, all a diver thinks about, besides diving.

Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Well... that's not ALL a diver thinks about besides diving... :sign10:
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

I guess even being a diver can't override being a MAN! :naka:

Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

#-o
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I have a 20 pounder T- Bird .

I am bringing and a Deep fryer wife has to pick up the peanut oil yet but saeh will get that next trip to the store

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

FYI: Costco has large quantities of peanut oil cheap. Mmmmm.... T-Bird!!!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Sounder wrote:FYI: Costco has large quantities of peanut oil cheap. Mmmmm.... T-Bird!!!
I told Mollie she said she would check our local Costco

im not sure what im looking foward to more the diving or the hanging our and getting to see every one

see you guys at
EL Dive cassa

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I am still thinking about going up at least a day early as I am off from the tuesday before through the tuesday after for my vaction

have to see what the boss type lady has planded yet but I may be diving while you guys are thinking about diving

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Old Crab
Avid Diver

Post by Old Crab »

Sparky,

Let me know what day you'll be coming up. I'm game for a dive on Wednesday or Thursday during the earlier part of the day. I have to be back in town by 6 PM both days. Depending on how many trips I make will dictate whether I come out on Saturday.

Eric
Diving and U/W Photography...what a way to view God's creation!
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

whats the latest word, I may like to come up
I'm small to find a place on the floor
how about cost?
eating situation?
food to contribute?
need someone to dive with, I'm a good follower buddy.