Back from Kal and Ann's

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Back from Kal and Ann's

Post by Pinkpadigal »

We had a great weekend!!!

There were 12 divers in our group. Got up there Friday night, did Snake Bay. Saw a wolf eel, and some very large ling. Then my computer crapped out. I was mad. I was having a great dive! It was pouring down rain and according to Kal, they have been having record rainfall. (much like down here!)

We did the Chaud, Tzoomies and Carlton Point on Saturday. There were weather advisories and we postponed Stag Wall till Sunday. Because of all the rain, there was so much runoff that the "silt level" was about 35 feet. We were at 35 feet before we could even see the Chaud. We were in Tzoomies and I have never zipped through that fast before. Those of us who have done it had problems because we were not expecting the current we had, and vis was POOR. We were not used to 20 ft vis. The other divers loved it. Carlton Point was the best dive of the day. Tom found a tiny GP hidden in the rocks. There were beautiful nudis as well.

Sunday...we headed out in 3ft swells, white caps, etc. We were rocking! When we finally got to Stag wall, it was awesome! Kal cancelled our 2nd dive at the Chaud because of the weather. About an hour later, the clouds broke up, the wind died and the sun came out. It was beautiful and perfectly calm.

The changes in the business will be coming in 2007. Kal and Ann bought some property near Egmont, next Skookumchuck Rapids. The road into the property requires a 4-wheel drive. They are still working out all the details but they will still operate out of their present location for 2007. It sounds VERY NICE and will put them closer to all the good dive sites and even more cool places up north. Ann asked me to let everyone know: If you have photos that you would like to share, email them to her. She is going to name the new cabins after different life found in Sechelt Inlet and she would like to decorate using photos from divers. They are very excited about this change and it is going to be great for everyone who knows and loves to dive with them.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

thanks pinkpadigal; nice to hear about your trip. although hearing about the 3-foot swells makes me feel a little ill ... gulp. i definitely want to go back up there some time.

btw, where's your pics??? :-)
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

I just haven't had a chance to post them. I was using the new 10mxp Canon with the housing. I actually got good photos without using the strobe. I was surprised.

Oh...BTW, Kal and Ann have a new puppy. Her name is Rosie and she is 10 months old and taller than Apollo. She is a sweetie and Apollo loves her. Ann said he was lonely after losing Lucas and Rosie has made him much happier.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com