dummy-proof, unless you are color blind.

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

dummy-proof, unless you are color blind.

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: dummy-proof, unless you are color blind.

Post by LCF »

I saw these at DEMA a year and a half ago. It seemed to me that they were the perfect gadget for charter boats that rent tanks. The DMs could check gas status on the customers without ever having to handle the tank valves, which would make it safer and faster for everybody.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

I like how the guy has nothing better to do with his hand, so he holds it out serving as a backdrop.

That is kind of cool, I wonder how much of a pain in the a$$ it will be for valve servicing though.

D(B)
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

I could use this for when I dive with.....Never mind. :neener:
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"It was awesome until the point where Bono endorsed it." Fishstiq

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

Not for nuthin' but this seems to fix a problem that shouldn't exist.
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Blitz wrote:Not for nuthin' but this seems to fix a problem that shouldn't exist.
Amen Brother.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I don't know the innards, but there is surely a way for a persistent dummy to circumvent that.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

CaptnJack wrote:I don't know the innards, but there is surely a way for a persistent dummy to circumvent that.

Someone always invents a better idiot...
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah, the idiots get more clever every year. My favorite way of checking to make sure the valve is open is to see if I can breathe through the reg. But I've always been good at the whole "lefty-loosey, righty-tighty" problem.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Joshua Smith wrote:Yeah, the idiots get more clever every year. My favorite way of checking to make sure the valve is open is to see if I can breathe through the reg. But I've always been good at the whole "lefty-loosey, righty-tighty" problem.
That's a pretty awesome idea, but you can't sell it. The idiot market is a great place to make money, unless you're a life insurance company.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote:That's a pretty awesome idea, but you can't sell it. The idiot market is a great place to make money...
as proven by the piles of crap in Sounder's garage. :mmmbeer:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

spatman wrote:
Sounder wrote:That's a pretty awesome idea, but you can't sell it. The idiot market is a great place to make money...
as proven by the piles of crap in Sounder's garage. :mmmbeer:
:bow: :bow: :bow:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Clever idea, yes. Good idea, probably. Dummy-proof? Not likely. In the words of Dean Koontz, humans can always be counted on to exercise, with great vigor, their God-given right to be stupid.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Honestly . . . although none of us needs this for ourselves, I CAN see its utility for OW instructors or for charter operators. To be able to do a visual sweep and be sure that all the valves are open would have significant value, I think.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

LCF wrote:Honestly . . . although none of us needs this for ourselves, I CAN see its utility for OW instructors or for charter operators. To be able to do a visual sweep and be sure that all the valves are open would have significant value, I think.
I agree. They would also come in handy if they were on bassmans tanks........ :bootyshake:
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

LCF wrote:Honestly . . . although none of us needs this for ourselves, I CAN see its utility for OW instructors or for charter operators. To be able to do a visual sweep and be sure that all the valves are open would have significant value, I think.
I guess if you are willing to count on that do-hicky. Personally I think seeing "all green" probably gives a false sense of security that clients are "good to go".
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.