Howdy All

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
runamonk
Aquaphile

Howdy All

Post by runamonk »

Name's Ron. I started diving back in January of this year.

I started diving with a friend and since then we've managed to get our wives diving. So now all four of us dive together quite a bit.

When diving around here mostly we dive down at the coves on Alki or up in the San Juans.

=)

R
--
Ron Hines
Naui OW, AOW, Rescue, Nitrox
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Welcome to the group Ron!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

Hi Ron!

Glad to have you here!!
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Hi Ron,

Nice to meet you! Welcome to our little dive club!

Cheers,

Holly
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome Ron!

and congrats on diving with your better half! :prayer:

Some of us can only wish...
runamonk
Aquaphile

Post by runamonk »

LOL thanks guys. \:D/
--
Ron Hines
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

welcome Ron!
I too, am one of those who could only imagine diving with my spouse.
At least she supports me in my obsession{ I mean, Hobby).

Here to meeting you at a Local Dive some day :occasion5:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Hola Ron-ola!

Good to have you aboard!! :supz:
runamonk
Aquaphile

Post by runamonk »

Well the way it all started out was my buddy Joel got the bug from a friend and really wanted to do the class. He asked me at the last minute, like I seriously only had a week or two before it started to get signed up.

So I scraped up the cash and signed up for the class. We all show up at the dive shop to do our first classroom session. Well after being there a few hours it's finally break time. After the break we all get fitted for our gear that we'll be using in the pool.

So after getting fitted and all that we head up to the pool. Now I don't know about the rest of you but I had the time of my life in the pool. We did a whole bunch of things in less than 10 feet of water. My favorite was the round robin game, where you take off your mask and pass it to the right. Well being the retard that I am, I kept my eyes open the whole.

Well after we finished our first pool session, Joel drove me home. He drove one day and I drove the next etc. I walk into the house, totally blurry eyed [it looked like a long night of partying had just occurred]. I cannot see at all but this isn't an issue for me because I have a smile on my face that goes from one ear to the other [literally], for some reason I cannot stop smiling like some big dopey moron. I think I kept my wife up for a couple hours just talking about all the stuff we did, I was positively glowing I think LOL.

I had the most of fun of my entire life. I hadn't even been in the water more than an hour or two and I was already totally hooked.

It didn't take much both our wives seeing how happy we were to change their tunes from "No way, never would I ever do that, you guys have fun" to "Well maybe we can try it, it could be fun".

We all had our hard times and bumps in the road but we've made it. Currently their taking their MSD class right now and we're next in line to start on ours, probably in January or Feb. =)

We both just got lucky that our wives were curious enough to give it a shot. I have no complaints, except now it costs us twice as much for every piece of gear LOL.
--
Ron Hines
Pringster
Avid Diver

Post by Pringster »

I'm envious runamonk. Guess I'm just happy my wife lets me sneek out as well, like the BASSMAN. It can be a balancing act with kids and their activities, especially when one of em will be heading to college next year. Pull-out that pocket book...GG! We find other activities to spend with other. We haven't been married for 31 years without something holding it together! \:D/
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Well said, Pringster =D>
runamonk
Aquaphile

Post by runamonk »

:salute:
--
Ron Hines
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

Ron -

That is a fantastic story!

For me, I'm with Pringster - with a balancing act between work, home, and school activities for the kids. There's just not enough hours in the day sometimes!
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
runamonk
Aquaphile

Post by runamonk »

Well the missus and I aren't having any kids but sometimes it feels like I never get to dive hehe. Between work and my sister in law and her two kids and my wife being sick for a month straight it's hard to get out there and dive. We got in a dive last week and I'm getting in one more this week woo hoo. Probably a night dive too! Hopefully we'll get to see Junior down at the coves hehe.
--
Ron Hines
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

runamonk wrote:Well the way it all started out was my buddy Joel got the bug from a friend and really wanted to do the class. He asked me at the last minute, like I seriously only had a week or two before it started to get signed up.
Gotcha beat there... my buddy Keith told me about the classes with only 5 hours notice to decide whether or not to sign up! Talk about spur of the moment! Glad he did it though!
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

welcome aboard matey! i too dive with my girlfriend and actually it was her idea to get certified. im pretty sure she had no idea i would go on a scuba bender into the deep end but thats the way i roll. we went to key largo last year and cant wait to go back great diving, cheap, and very relaxing. shoot me a pm if you want to dive this week day or night.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ