Tide chart application for Iphone

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Tide chart application for Iphone

Post by no excuses »

Looking for a tide application for my Iphone, its a 2G that I have had for a couple of years and just updated to the 3.11 OP system. I would like to have both tide heights and currents

stan
Starmonkie
Frequent Bubbler

Re: Tide chart application for Iphone

Post by Starmonkie »

Hi Stan.

I've used the tideapp and charts&tides (seattle) applications, both free and both seem to do the trick. I believe they'll work on your phone as they require OS 3.0 or later. Of course, there are many pay applications if you search for tide.

Hope this helps.
I'll be there with buoys on.
psundquist
Avid Diver

Post by psundquist »

I love AyeTides, it does what you are asking for. It has replaced my tidelog.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

psundquist wrote:I love AyeTides, it does what you are asking for. It has replaced my tidelog.
Just looked that one up. It seems really nice but I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger at $9.99. Did I mention that I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to buying apps?
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
don
Aquaphile

Post by don »

I use aye-tides. 9.99 is a lot for an i-phone app but it works pretty good
don
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

picked up the aye-tides app and liking it so far with what I have played with it, never bought an app before so I guess start with the expensive ones first lol. Althought if I had a 3g phone that was gps enabled I would get the Navionics program also as a back up to the gps on the boa, that system looks pretty sweet.

stan
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

no excuses wrote: Although if I had a 3g phone that was gps enabled I would get the Navionics program also as a back up to the gps on the boa, that system looks pretty sweet.
Hi Stan,

I use the Navionics Program (for B.C., which includes Puget Sound) on my Iphone and like it a lot. I also use it for tide and current calculations whenever I'm planning dives. I'm used to using the Navionics charts on my chart plotters and NOAA Raster Charts on my Navigation software, so they all look identical and the Current Stations are plotted right where they are supposed to be.

If you don't own a boat, the software probably doesn't have has much value as aye-tides, but if you do, it makes a great backup Navigation program and an excellent planning tool.

YMMV,
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

boydski wrote:
no excuses wrote: Although if I had a 3g phone that was gps enabled I would get the Navionics program also as a back up to the gps on the boa, that system looks pretty sweet.
Hi Stan,

I use the Navionics Program (for B.C., which includes Puget Sound) on my Iphone and like it a lot. I also use it for tide and current calculations whenever I'm planning dives. I'm used to using the Navionics charts on my chart plotters and NOAA Raster Charts on my Navigation software, so they all look identical and the Current Stations are plotted right where they are supposed to be.

If you don't own a boat, the software probably doesn't have has much value as aye-tides, but if you do, it makes a great backup Navigation program and an excellent planning tool.

YMMV,

Scott,

I use the Navionics card 13g something -2 that covers from N. Oregon up into AK, just got it for christmas and use it in my Hummingbird depth/gps plotter on my RIB. Been having problems with the hummingbird so have not got to use the new card much since I got it. Ticks me off that I can get the same application for a Iphone for $10 that costs almost $200 for my gps lo, and people complain about the cost of Iphone Apps :banghead: .
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

no excuses wrote: I use the Navionics card 13g something -2 that covers from N. Oregon up into AK, just got it for christmas and use it in my Hummingbird depth/gps plotter on my RIB. Been having problems with the hummingbird so have not got to use the new card much since I got it. Ticks me off that I can get the same application for a Iphone for $10 that costs almost $200 for my gps lo, and people complain about the cost of Iphone Apps :banghead: .
Hi Stan,

I'm sorry to hear that your Humminbird is giving you grief. I just use the built in charts on my Humminbird and the Navionics chip in my Lowrance POS chart-plotter. Hopefully, you'll get it working for you, the charts are nice.

Fortunately, I bought the Navionics Gold Chart Chip first, so the Iphone App seemed like an incredible bargain!!!