DUI Zipseals

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Ken G
I've Got Gills

DUI Zipseals

Post by Ken G »

I am thinking about a DUI TLS. I am looking at all the options and am wondering about zipseals. Does anyone have experience with them? Do they hold up to pressure at depth? It seems like a good idea but also could prove to be a weak point. Calvin did you order your new suit with them? Thoughts?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I did get them on my new suit. Not only for the convenience, but because I am allergic to latex and this will allow a couple less points of contact with latex. You should ask scubak about it, she has the zip seals.

I'm getting sooooo impatient waiting for my suit (over a month now) :toimonster:
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I think that the zip seals are a great idea!!! Exept that they are really expensive... One nice thing that you can make dry gloves out of them. :supz:
Who run barter town?
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Sorry Calvin,
I don't have the Zip seals...what I have are the standart Latex seals with the Dry Glove system...
The latex seal separates the suit from the dry glove in the event of the o-ring leaking on my dry glove...I won't flood the suit.
I have had my Dui CF 200 for several years now and the seals are fine. The neck seal is getting a bit "burpy" so I will replace that. I agree that the zip seals look like a great idea but are expensive and really, how many times do you actually blow out a wrist seal?
Just my .02
K
"Let's go diving!"