In remembrance...

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

In remembrance...

Post by H20doctor »

For those of you who got the pleasure Of being Blinded ... Eyes Fried... and blasted by this thing.. I have sad news ... Sunday as I did a back roll off of chads boat on the Hat Island Bardges . the light cord was around a Tank Valve, and It got ripped Out of the Light head as I fell into the water ...Mz had the same thing Happen to his light...and I heard that Sounders Can Light also suffered the same fate on a boat dive..
what is sad is that this light , was a Fun Novelty ... People would ask to see it, and when i didnt dive with it , divers would ask me where it is ??? It had become a celebrity , and took on a Fan Base of many of you and my dive friends...
I have No way of fixing the light head because it was designed to be non fixable and completely sealed up... I took the Dremel to it last night and tore it down in less than 10 mins... Sad because it took 5 months to build... so if you would Or would like to share you thoughts on my dead light ... Please do , as I am quite sad today... Like a Mad scientist , this was my frankenstein , my monster ...and Now Its gone... :crybaby:
[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/9334139[/vimeo]
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Re: In remembrance...

Post by Sounder »

H20doctor wrote:...Mz had the same thing Happen to his light...and I heard that Sounders Can Light also suffered the same fate on a boat dive..
I can't speak to MZ's light, but the rumor about my light is incorrect. I've never had a problem with my light. Sorry to hear about yours... I know that was a labor of love. On the "bright side" (get it? :rofl: ) you can start building a new one!!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Not your 50 watt salvo.. An Older Hid you owned at One time.. Fishtiq Told me about it yesterday ... I might split up the MCE chips Into 3 small single lights ..
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Good Pun sounder ... Having this accident " took the Light right Out of me " :laughing3:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

H20doctor wrote:Not your 50 watt salvo.. An Older Hid you owned at One time.. Fishtiq Told me about it yesterday ... I might split up the MCE chips Into 3 small single lights ..
LOL - None of them (21w, 35w, or 50w) have had any issues while I'VE owned them.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

R.I.P. my friend. You were a "beacon" to so many of us.

Might be time to change the name on the can to "Dead Light"
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

R.I.P. Deathlight. By the way Chris, I got footage of the experience....
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Rest in peace Death Light. Sorry to see you go.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Maybe Chris got the story confused -- Nick (limeyx) jumped off a Bandito boat up in the San Juans a few years back and ripped the cord out of his light.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Norris wrote:R.I.P. Deathlight. By the way Chris, I got footage of the experience....
This will greatly help and prevent any needless speculation on this site as to the exact cause of the passing of said Mr. D Light, which will no doubt ease the shattered feelings of Mr. Doc.

I'm thinking you should post it so that we can all have adequate closure.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Tom Nic wrote:
Norris wrote:R.I.P. Deathlight. By the way Chris, I got footage of the experience....
This will greatly help and prevent any needless speculation on this site as to the exact cause of the passing of said Mr. D Light, which will no doubt ease the shattered feelings Mr. Doc.

Yes Please, I could really use some closure. :crybaby:
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:
This will greatly help and prevent any needless speculation on this site as to the exact cause of the passing of said Mr. D Light, which will no doubt ease the shattered feelings Mr. Doc.

Yes Please, I could really use some closure. :crybaby:
I don't have video of the actual death, but I think I can shed some light (pun intended) on the factors contributing to the fatal event. As you watch the video, keep in mind Norris and Doc are "supposed" to be dive buddies. Of course, one of them is always running late, which usually results in said dive buddy feeling rushed.

Warning: Norris does have a sewer mouth for a 4 letter word in this video. If I knew how to bleep such terrible things, I would.

http://vimeo.com/9339959
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

pensacolaracer wrote:...Warning: Norris does have a sewer mouth for a 4 letter word in this video. If I knew how to bleep such terrible things, I would. ...http://vimeo.com/9339959
$h!&, I didn't hear anything wrong.....(except that some monkey-head was flappin his gums instead of being in the water w/ his buddy). Oh, and Norris, you forgot to attach your a$$strap (or whatever those things are called... (see Chad's video))
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

nice try there Pensacola rootbeer ... But you forgot ... I was filming you as you were filming me !!!! Ha HA !!!! So now we will also see in the video review , that You had no gear On either!!! Ha Ha ...
As Norris asked me to film his back flippige , so he could Be submitted into the Back flip divers of america ...

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/9341572[/vimeo]
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :lalala: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

H20doctor wrote:nice try there Pensacola rootbeer ... But you forgot ... I was filming you as you were filming me !!!! Ha HA !!!! So now we will also see in the video review , that You had no gear On either!!! Ha Ha ...
As Norris asked me to film his back flippige , so he could Be submitted into the Back flip divers of america ...
You mental midget, have you forgotten the "plan" was for you and Rick to dive together THEN the 2 scooter boys would get in.

If I would have had my gear on already waiting for you to get in the water, I would have died from heat exhaustion before you even had your BC on.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Yeah MZ I find the crotch strap somewhat intrusive so I let it hang......

j/k....oops
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Yeah, I'll miss the Death Light Too. It was a great dive buddy, it always showed us where H20 Doc was at any point in the dive.
R.I.P. Death Light!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

BASSMAN wrote:Yeah, I'll miss the Death Light Too. It was a great dive buddy, it always showed us where H20 Doc was at any point in the dive.
R.I.P. Death Light!
Now lets get your arse back in the water, Keith!
Been missing you on Thursdays.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

towards the end on the steel tank it looks like the word "darn" is on the tank....poor deathlight...
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Norris wrote:....I find the crotch strap somewhat intrusive so I let it hang......
No comment.
:laugh:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I will post said video tonight.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Sorry for the backnoise and sloppiness...this is completely unedited cept the balloon when Chris says "I broke my light"

You might wanna turn it down a little

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kMJBgm3yeo[/youtube]
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
gcbryan
Submariner

Post by gcbryan »

It may not have had a long life but it had a full life I'm sure. I feel privileged to have been in it's presence on one occasion at least.

Maybe we can't bring it back but by reliving it's last moments if just one person has learned something that will prevent such a tragedy in the future it will have been worth it.

I remember how it glowed at just the mention of the word dive. If it had to self destruct at least it was in the water or almost in the water or at least in the boat and almost in the water...I can't talk about it anymore now as it's all a little too raw but you will be missed little buddy and in the fullness of time I'm sure we will treasure that light for the good memories and the tragic ending, while never being totally forgotten, will recede into that special place in our hearts.

Hang in there Chris.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

gcbryan wrote:It may not have had a long life but it had a full life I'm sure. I feel privileged to have been in it's presence on one occasion at least.

Maybe we can't bring it back but by reliving it's last moments if just one person has learned something that will prevent such a tragedy in the future it will have been worth it.

I remember how it glowed at just the mention of the word dive. If it had to self destruct at least it was in the water or almost in the water or at least in the boat and almost in the water...I can't talk about it anymore now as it's all a little too raw but you will be missed little buddy and in the fullness of time I'm sure we will treasure that light for the good memories and the tragic ending, while never being totally forgotten, will recede into that special place in our hearts.

Hang in there Chris.
sniff - that was beautiful
CAPTNJACK - 2012**