In remembrance...

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Re: In remembrance...

Post by Fishstiq »

For clarification.... H20, it was Nailer who I heard had a light meet the same fate as your beloved, not Sounder. I heard the story 3rd hand though, so I could be mistaken.

As for the OP, if I may...

I have so many fond memories of the DL, its difficult to pick one that really shines. A dark sadness grips me, kicking up silt between me and my bright memories, sinking my glowing spirit like a LED balloon. The DL was a beacon of hope to the DIY community. I would like tol shed some light on my one regret though, and focus on the one wish that will never see the light of day. Regrettably, the DL never got to go to the Diamond Knot with us and enjoy a beer. A half-lit DL would have been glorious. I will have to take solace in knowing that, when the DL met its end, it was tanked!
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I found this going through my videos, and I had to post it to the thread. I'm sad to see the DL go. This is a short (very) video of the deathlight up close and personal, for any of you who never got to dive with it.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/5707823[/vimeo]
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Thank you Gray , for those kind words ... Joe your a good man... Ron and Keith , thanks... Trever, you are the brightest Now on Mondays !!! you lead the way ....Norris , "OH NO" said it perfectly ... as for Now ... All this Love and support of the deathlight is giving me strength To move foreward ... and Maybe build another light head for the Deathlight !!!!
Disclaimer ( this thread is complete nonsense... But we are heaving fun... So join in wont you.? ) :roll: :angelblue: :smt038
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

yes r.i.p death light :penelope: :crybaby:
Attachments
IMG_5206.JPG
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

H20doctor wrote:complete nonsense... But we are heaving fun..
:thumb3d:

:goodpost: I swear the typos are some of the most intelligent parts of the posts on NWdiveclub.
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
limeyx
Aquaphile

Post by limeyx »

LCF wrote:Maybe Chris got the story confused -- Nick (limeyx) jumped off a Bandito boat up in the San Juans a few years back and ripped the cord out of his light.
Hey! That would be "Ripped the cord of out the light he borrowed from his buddy for the weekend" :) haha
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

It took the death of Deathlight to bring me out of hiding, but here goes:

To the bereaved, dear Chris, I offer sincere condolences. Deathlight was no mere collection of PVC, LEDs and JB Weld; the spirit of Deathlight was so much more than the sum of these materials. RIP, Deathlight. I will leave you with well wishes, and this passage from Hamlet:

What a piece of work is Deathlight! how noble in structure! How infinite in luminocity! in form and moving how brilliant and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the underwater world! the paragon of dive equipment! And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? illumination delights not me; no, nor none blacker neither, though, by your smiling, you seem to say so."
- William Shakespeare, Hamlet, 2.2
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Paulicarp wrote:It took the death of Deathlight to bring me out of hiding, but here goes:

To the bereaved, dear Chris, I offer sincere condolences. Deathlight was no mere collection of PVC, LEDs and JB Weld; the spirit of Deathlight was so much more than the sum of these materials. RIP, Deathlight. I will leave you with well wishes, and this passage from Hamlet:

What a piece of work is Deathlight! how noble in structure! How infinite in luminocity! in form and moving how brilliant and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the underwater world! the paragon of dive equipment! And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? illumination delights not me; no, nor none blacker neither, though, by your smiling, you seem to say so."
- William Shakespeare, Hamlet, 2.2
PAULIECARP!!!!!!!!!!!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Outstanding requiem, Paul!!!! =D>
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

bravo, paul, bravo!
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

I realize now that I misquoted Shakespeare. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think it’s supposed to be, “none more black…”

#-o
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Paulicarp !!!! That was sweet Dude .. You made Me Laugh hard .that was funny ... :bounceline:
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen