Does anyone do day dives during the week?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Re: Does anyone do day dives during the week?

Post by DiverBob »

Mongodives wrote:So of all of you who have posted so far, how about a dive Tuesday morning? I'd like to do Saltwater state park, but if the swim out to the new structures is too much, where do you suggest? I'll go.
Salt water is one site that I am anxious to get back to. I am curious as to how much new life, if any, has been been established since I was there last. Like Cardiver said, this Tuesday is not a good day for Saltwater. However, March 9th the current looks good for a morning dive there. Tide is a bit high, and that means more of a surface swim.
Life is good, let's dive!!
Mongodives
Aquaphile

Post by Mongodives »

Diverbob, the 9th is a little bit far out to plan, but if you or anyone else is up to it I'm game. I've been wanting to see what the structure looks like and what's decided to move in.

For next week since current will be an issue at my first choice, I've never done Sunnyside and it's not supposed to be current sensitive.
I'm thinking 9am Monday.
"we're gonna need a bigger boat" Sherriff Brody
bugleman
Frequent Bubbler

Post by bugleman »

I am thinking about doing a dive on Monday Feb 29th. As far as where I am open. Anyone want to carpool from the Portland area?
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

bugleman wrote:I am thinking about doing a dive on Monday Feb 29th. As far as where I am open. Anyone want to carpool from the Portland area?
Is it a leap year? :sunny:
A few of us are meeting at Les tomorrow at 0930.
Last edited by cardiver on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

:rofl: :help: :popcorn: :smt064
Jeff Castor
bugleman
Frequent Bubbler

Post by bugleman »

cardiver wrote:
bugleman wrote:I am thinking about doing a dive on Monday Feb 29th. As far as where I am open. Anyone want to carpool from the Portland area?

:bday: :thankyouyellow: OK you got me that was funny!
jayson161
Avid Diver

Post by jayson161 »

I usually start work at 3pm during the week and always have monday off. I'm game to dive weekday mornings, as soon as i can pull the rest of my gear together anyways. I'm free tomorrow morning as my current dive buddy had to bail on me. I live in Northgate and can drive pretty much anywhere.
jeffgerritsen
Dive-aholic

Post by jeffgerritsen »

Mongodives wrote:I really want to know if I'm unique that I have time during the work week to dive?

Are there any other Retired/Self-Employed people that are willing to dive during the week?
I don't think your "that" unique. This world's a changing and people's lifestyles are changing too. For example, wife and sold our house when the last kids moved out, purchased a large fifth wheel and did some traveling. We finally settled down, but after five years we still live in the large fifth wheel. This way She works as an RN, I'm a stay at home "house husband". Think I got it easy - hah! :rawlings: I cook, clean, prep for trips in the sailboat, take wife to work, pick wife up from work, plan / setup scuba diving trips. All wife has to do is go to work come home eat and go to bed :highfive:

So yes, I'm available during the week - somewhat.... :ballandchain:

Jeff
Mongodives
Aquaphile

Post by Mongodives »

cardiver wrote:
Saw this and was going to head to Les in the morning, but my wife is telling me I have other commitments.

So no diving Monday, anybody up for anywhere on Tuesday?
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Mongodives wrote:I really want to know if I'm unique that I have time during the work week to dive?

Are there any other Retired/Self-Employed people that are willing to dive during the week?
How about Thursdays? :smt064

Are you comfortable with Night diving? :smt064

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11368
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Mongodives
Aquaphile

Post by Mongodives »

Comfortable with night diving, just I haven't negotiated a night diving pass from my wife.

I might try and get a night diving pass for next Thurs.
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

I'm usually pretty flexible during the weekdays. On a day or two notice I can usually make time for any northend shore dive.
onasphere
Avid Diver

Post by onasphere »

Mornings are going to be very slack this upcoming week. How about Thursday morning at Skyline? It's a bit of a drive for most, but a great pair of shore dives.
When you see a Llama, you must say "Look out! There are Llamas!". - Monty Python
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Mongodives wrote:Comfortable with night diving, just I haven't negotiated a night diving pass from my wife.

I might try and get a night diving pass for next Thurs.
Great just let me know! :highfive:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: