Monday Mukilteo Madness 3/1

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Re: Monday Mukilteo Madness 3/1

Post by sheahanmcculla »

I will be wussy diving too, on a 80! It's been about a month and a half dry for me.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

sheahanmcculla wrote:I will be wussy diving too, on a 80! It's been about a month and a half dry for me.

Why not the dubs?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Doug, don't worry about matching. I'll be in dubs, but if you wanna do a good long scooter run I can give the scoot to someone in a single (Jake.....?) and just kick like normal.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Got home last night all happy cause I got a package...but then I was sad. I thought it was my new regs and singles wing, but nope just some hoses and a pocket. Looks like I won't have them until Tuesday. Anyone for a wed dive? No meeting Sounder this time.

Image Image Image
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

sheahanmcculla wrote:Got home last night all happy cause I got a package...but then I was sad. I thought it was my new regs and singles wing, but nope just some hoses and a pocket. Looks like I won't have them until Tuesday. Anyone for a wed dive? No meeting Sounder this time.

Image Image Image

What I wanna know is this:

How the heck did someone so gifted at making excuses make it through school?
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

So second dive.... splash at 7:15-7:30? Is that too late?
April
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

April wrote:So second dive.... splash at 7:15-7:30? Is that too late?
Sounds right to me. I mean half the time that's what ends up happening anyway
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

True enough.... I'll still hopefully get there early enough to bs with the early crowd and splash on time!
April
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:
sheahanmcculla wrote:Got home last night all happy cause I got a package...but then I was sad. I thought it was my new regs and singles wing, but nope just some hoses and a pocket. Looks like I won't have them until Tuesday. Anyone for a wed dive? No meeting Sounder this time.

Image Image Image

What I wanna know is this:

How the heck did someone so gifted at making excuses make it through school?
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :sleep: :lurk: :stickwhack: :popcorn: :popcorn:
markwilson
Just Settling In

Post by markwilson »

So I'm ready for my first MMM. Planning on both dives. I'm deflowering my new drysuit so will leave the scooter at home this week to get used to it. Weather looks great. :boucegreen:
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

markwilson wrote:So I'm ready for my first MMM. Planning on both dives. I'm deflowering my new drysuit so will leave the scooter at home this week to get used to it. Weather looks great. :boucegreen:
Time to relegate the trusty Apollo to backup duty huh? What did you get?
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I'm going to have to miss this week's MMM. We've got snookered into hosting a dinner at our house that I can't be MIA for. : (
markwilson
Just Settling In

Post by markwilson »

Yup it's served me well though. I wound up with a Diving Concepts ZTech.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Mrs. & Toddler Sounder are sick, and I'm getting "that feeling" (no, not THAT feeling Joe) of things started to get plugged, so I'm unsure whether I'm going to be able to make it tomorrow now or not. I WANT to, so will see how things progress (if they progress), but it's seeming like there may be a chance that I can't dive tomorrow if things continue the way they have been.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

I will be making dive # 1 ... I should be arriving around 3:30 - 3:45

Yuliya
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
jayson161
Avid Diver

Post by jayson161 »

i can join in for dive 1. im looking forward to meeting and learning from you guys. can i get directions to the dive spot?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

jayson161 wrote:i can join in for dive 1. im looking forward to meeting and learning from you guys. can i get directions to the dive spot?

Sure,

Take the Mukilteo Speedway to the very end. (It looks like if you keep going straight you'll hit the ferry.) Turn Right at the stop sign onto front street, and go to the end of the silver cloud hotel. There is a small parking lot at the end of the hotel where we meet and enter the water.

Map - 750 front street, Mukilteo Wa That should take you right there. I have a red ford ranger.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
jayson161
Avid Diver

Post by jayson161 »

Nwbrewer wrote:
jayson161 wrote:i can join in for dive 1. im looking forward to meeting and learning from you guys. can i get directions to the dive spot?

Sure,

Take the Mukilteo Speedway to the very end. (It looks like if you keep going straight you'll hit the ferry.) Turn Right at the stop sign onto front street, and go to the end of the silver cloud hotel. There is a small parking lot at the end of the hotel where we meet and enter the water.

Map - 750 front street, Mukilteo Wa That should take you right there. I have a red ford ranger.

Jake
Hey Jake, if possible would you be willing to meet up with me a little early?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

jayson161 wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:

Sure,

Jake
Hey Jake, if possible would you be willing to meet up with me a little early?
I leave work around 3:00, so I'm there by 3:15 or so. 4:00 is (supposed to be) splash time, which means we meet and gear up between 3:00 and 4:00. I can probably bail out a little early today so I'm there by 3:00.

jayson161
Avid Diver

Post by jayson161 »

Sounds good, i'll meet you up there at 3 then. I'm in a dark blue audi wagon. If you cant bail on work then no worries i'll chill and wait for the the rest of the group to show up.
Jay
360-620-2277
spatz84
Aquaphile

Post by spatz84 »

I will be there between 3:00 and 3:30 as well.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

i'll try to make it for the 4 pm splash and a second one
jayson161
Avid Diver

Post by jayson161 »

Hey guys, it was good to meet everyone that made it out for dive#1. Jake and Curtis, thank you for letting me borrow the bottom timer and the light, I really appreciated it. I gained a lot of info already just from talking to you guys for a brief moment and I kind of have an idea of which way I want to go for gear. Thanks again and I look forward to meeting up with you guys again.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Your welcome, i don't remember half the stuff i said but i do recall a wetsuit diver :metal:

great time diving with you mark and 2loud4u (i can now say i taught something most people don't know to you), the second dive was a bit short but i was kinda pissed. I saw more on the second dive than i did on the first....AND I DIDN'T BRING MY CAMERA!!!GRRRR :angry: :angry:

heres some pics from the dive,
Attachments
prettyyy
prettyyy
mark
mark
nudi hanging onto tire shreds
nudi hanging onto tire shreds
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I guess Nudi's don't move much, Yulia, Pauli and I saw that same one last Wednesday.

We had a good turn out, it was fun getting to dive with everybody and BS in the parking lot. Even with Dash. :stickwhack: