Edmonds Oil Dock Info Needed

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Edmonds Oil Dock Info Needed

Post by dwashbur »

Basically, I just need to know how long the various parts of it are: how long is the part sticking out into the water, and how wide is the T part. Anybody know, or know where I could find that info?

Mucho thanko,
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

roughly or exactly?
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

You can use the ruler tool on Google Earth if it doesn't need to be exact.

According to that, it's roughly 870 feet from shore to the top of the T and 280 for the length of the T.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Roughly. Rounded off to the nearest 10 feet or so is cool.
Dave

--
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Penopolypants wrote:You can use the ruler tool on Google Earth if it doesn't need to be exact.

According to that, it's roughly 870 feet from shore to the top of the T and 280 for the length of the T.
That explains why it feels so long :pale: It's worth it, though. Thanks!
Dave

--
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Okay, here's a link to version 2.0 of my site map of Edmonds Oil Dock. Opinions actively sought: how does it look, what does it need that it doesn't have, what does it have that it doesn't need, is it too cluttered, all that good stuff. Feel free to download it for a closer look if necessary.

i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/dwashbur/Oil_dock_map.jpg
Dave

--
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

That's very nice, Dave!

For me, a couple of things that would be useful in planning a dive at the site: The length of the walk from the parking to the beach, and the material and slope of the beach. (I use this info to decide which rig to bring to an unfamiliar dive site. It often can be gleaned from site photos.)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

LCF wrote:That's very nice, Dave!

...the material and slope of the beach. (I use this info to decide which rig to bring to an unfamiliar dive site. It often can be gleaned from site photos.)
That was, mas o meno, why I included the part about the logs at the top of the beach. Is that insufficient info?

Thanks for the input. Any other comments?
Dave

--
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Yes, I thought the bit about the logs was good, but the fact that the beach is sand and the slope is mild is also useful. (As opposed to the steep, rolling stones of Cove 2!)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
onasphere
Avid Diver

Re: Edmonds Oil Dock Info Needed

Post by onasphere »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this site has been completely destroyed by the great protectors of wildlife in our government.
When you see a Llama, you must say "Look out! There are Llamas!". - Monty Python
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

onasphere wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this site has been completely destroyed by the great protectors of wildlife in our government.
You're right, but this thread is 2 years old.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
onasphere
Avid Diver

Post by onasphere »

I realize this is an old thread, but thought someone new might go give it a try. I hate going to places that aren't there.
When you see a Llama, you must say "Look out! There are Llamas!". - Monty Python