New Everett Dive shop

General banter about diving and why we love it.
TCWestby
Submariner

New Everett Dive shop

Post by TCWestby »

Has anyone seen the new Dive shop on Evergreen way? They are supposed to open later this month and will have Service and Nitrox. The compressor is already in and it looks like a good location.

They are next door to Mike's burgers. :clap:
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Re: New Everett Dive shop

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Nice. Glad to see they're making it happen.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
spatz84
Aquaphile

Post by spatz84 »

ya I'v been wondering what the progress on that was to, what is the croos street i heard it was 41st. is that right?
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

The shop has a sign, and it is within 15 blocks of my house. It is on the west side of Evergreen, just across the street (to the north) of Mikey's. It is in a strip mall, the cross street is like 45th or so. It is a pretty small space, I think. There were children running around inside the shop on Sunday, and there were boxes, but nothing on shelves yet. I think the note on the door said "Evergreen Dive Services" or something like that. I large truck with a canopy on it, great big scuba decal, name = Norm something

Mike
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
scobanro
Just Settling In

Post by scobanro »

Hi all,
I know where there some free adult vedio signs if anyone wants one. Yes there are new dive signs in place. the lease is locked and there is stuff going inside. we will be there before you know it. This is hard work, who said this would be fun? :rofl: See you soon.
We are doing a dive today at Muk Muk, 4:30 all are welcome to join.

A great big thank you Matt, the countertop looks GREAT !!!! And theres a boat dive in it for you, I'll Skipper.
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Drove by there on my way home from jury duty today. Nice location and food nearby, and a scooter store for the old farts out there... I'm thinkin' of gettin' one of those soon too... Sign on the door says open soon and I for one say the sooner the better!!

:rawlings:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Alexitt wrote:Drove by there on my way home from jury duty today. Nice location and food nearby, and a scooter store for the old farts out there... I'm thinkin' of gettin' one of those soon too... Sign on the door says open soon and I for one say the sooner the better!!

:rawlings:
Relax everyone- by "scooter" they mean "electric wheelchair." Talk about false advertising... :tappingfoot:
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Alexitt wrote: "and a scooter store for the old farts out there..."

Relax everyone- by "scooter" they mean "electric wheelchair." Talk about false advertising... :tappingfoot:

Sorry about that... :stickwhack: I should've been a bit more clear...

My bad
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

scubagadget
Getting To Know Folks

Re: New Everett Dive shop REVIEW

Post by scubagadget »

We found it and stopped by. It is a very nice, clean and moderately sized dive shop. There main brands are Aqualung, Bare, and XS scuba. They seemed friendly and "Joe" stated their goal was to focus fully on customers service. He wants to mold the store based on what the divers want. They will even carry your tanks to and from your car if you prefer. They fill nitrox. They have a clean and well laid out compressor room that inspires confidence that you will get good gas (see http://scubagadget.com/?p=746). Their compressor maintenance log is visible and they test and post air certifications quarterly. Overall, we were impressed. The shop is located 4601 Evergreen, Everett WA - 425-512-8811 (next to Mikies Burgers).
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sniff...Sniff... Anybody else smell something?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Nwbrewer wrote:Sniff...Sniff... Anybody else smell something?
Socks!
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

scubagadget wrote:We found it and stopped by. It is a very nice, clean and moderately sized dive shop. There main brands are Aqualung, Bare, and XS scuba. They seemed friendly and "Joe" stated their goal was to focus fully on customers service. He wants to mold the store based on what the divers want. They will even carry your tanks to and from your car if you prefer. They fill nitrox. They have a clean and well laid out compressor room that inspires confidence that you will get good gas (see http://scubagadget.com/?p=746). Their compressor maintenance log is visible and they test and post air certifications quarterly. Overall, we were impressed. The shop is located 4601 Evergreen, Everett WA - 425-512-8811 (next to Mikies Burgers).
Ok, maybe I was being presumptuous scubagadget, why don't you go over to the introduction forums and tell us a little about your dive experience.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Someone sure isn't getting the memo.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

cardiver wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:Sniff...Sniff... Anybody else smell something?
Socks!
:laughing3:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Nwbrewer wrote:
scubagadget wrote:We found it and stopped by. It is a very nice, clean and moderately sized dive shop. There main brands are Aqualung, Bare, and XS scuba. They seemed friendly and "Joe" stated their goal was to focus fully on customers service. He wants to mold the store based on what the divers want. They will even carry your tanks to and from your car if you prefer. They fill nitrox. They have a clean and well laid out compressor room that inspires confidence that you will get good gas (see http://scubagadget.com/?p=746). Their compressor maintenance log is visible and they test and post air certifications quarterly. Overall, we were impressed. The shop is located 4601 Evergreen, Everett WA - 425-512-8811 (next to Mikies Burgers).
Ok, maybe I was being presumptuous scubagadget, why don't you go over to the introduction forums and tell us a little about your dive experience.
Yes; and who's "we"? As you aptly pointed out, first impressions do count for alot.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Scuba Jon
Just Settling In

Post by Scuba Jon »

I made a trip to this dive shop last Friday and was very pleased with what I saw. It was a nice clean shop, well set up with stock & had a good looking fill station. It is not a big store front but is surprizingly roomy inside. I spent a while talking to one of the guys there (I think his name was Joe, at least that is the name on my reciept) and during the course of that conversation it came up that Roy Gresham does their regulator servicing. I now know this is where I will take my regs for service because Roy is "The Master" when it comes to regulator service. As an added bonus, he and his son Mark run PSI (Certification agency for SCUBA cylinder inspectors). Anyway, I am probably laying on too much praise for one visit to their store but I was very impressed.
Take care & Happy diving
Randy