hello

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
scubadev
Getting To Know Folks

hello

Post by scubadev »

hello,

my name is devin and i am new to your group. myself, and another diver, dove with dave @ sunrise. I was the guy with the herring. i also hosted a dive in the san juans lately. i am mainly interested in this group because of the type of divers it seems to attract. i have not noticed any macho depth masters or "I'm right and you are an idiot" types. I look forward to diving on occasion with the group and may able to host a few boat dives as well.

a bit of background if you need it: 29, male, married, work in the parts/automotive business, diving for about 5 years, no idea of total dives (100's ?), boat owner, underwater hunter, love my DUI.

see you in the water,
devin
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Hello Devin, welcome to the club! We're always keen to have new divers joining us in the water. I guess you've already been out diving with Super Dave, so you must be ok \:D/

Welcome

:wav:
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Hello

Post by Ken G »

Hi Devin,
Im just getting started diving with these guys as well. I look forward to taking the plunge with you sometime. Welcome to the club!

Ken
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

welcome welcome

I am so glad our little Pod is getting bigger every day.

and by the way I am right !!! and you may be wrong you see the thing is I dont care ill dive with you any way.

I need to get out and make some dives my self but it wont be for a nother week or so but I am going to go soon

then its a diving P A R T YYYYYY
for S P A R K YYYYYY

this remodle is gettting me down need a brake
trying to do the hole thing at once while still living it it
take my advice
dont do that,
NOW I TELL ME!!!

Welcome hope to see every one soon

Sparky :salute:
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome Aboard Devin! :salute:

Looking forward to meeting you at a dive, soon.

Do you have a favorite Dive shop you dive out of?

Where do you normally like to dive?

I only have 26 dives logged and I will be completeing my Advance O/W at the end of this month.

I sure would like to dive Day Island some day but I don't have a boat (hint, hint )or the experience to just shore dive it yet.
scubadev
Getting To Know Folks

re: hello

Post by scubadev »

I live in lake stevens and usually frequent Lighthouse in lynnwood (close to work). I do most of my diving currently off of my boat. i still shore dive on occasion but love the freedom of being mobile. no sand, less crowds, the usual. i enjoy diving with new divers such as yourself. i am willing to dive just about anywhere. i hold a basic open water c-card.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

cool Devin, nice to hear we have another boat diver in the group. It's been fun going on Dave's boat. I get seasick so I'm not likely to go on long boat rides. We found a boat launch just around the corner from Sunrise the other week which is great for my non-barfage.

I saw that you have a DUI and you're happy with it. Which one do you have? I have a CF on order and I'm dying to see it.
scubadev
Getting To Know Folks

re: dui

Post by scubadev »

i dive a cfx200 i believe. it is about 3 years old now. i have replaced the seals once. it is a custom model with cool hip pockets and oversized knee pads. the suit is very comfortable. dave mentioned the boat launch near sunrise.

fyi, i had some stiching come out when it was brand new. sent it in and got to wondering when it would be back. called dui and was fwd to the manager of the repair dept. she got to asking me where i was diving and i metioned an upcoming trip to the diamond knot (never did dive it due to weather). she completed the repair, next day aired it to bubbles below, called me at work to say that it had been delivered and signed for within minutes of bubbles receiving it, then, called me at work the following monday to ask me how the dive went. as far as dui as a company goes, i am 100% supportive. you should get years of enjoyment out of your suit.

happy diving
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: re: dui

Post by Tangfish »

scubadev wrote:as far as dui as a company goes, i am 100% supportive. you should get years of enjoyment out of your suit.
Woooohooooo! :occasion5:
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Hey Devin Glad to hear you joined Our group. Remember Me BJ, I dove with you and Dave at sunrise the day you brought the herring, I had my girlfriend with me and carried the two tanks down the hill, remember, Not ye well remember the guy with the crap[py honda wagon. Yeha that was me. I retired the car though.

Let me know when you go out on your boat, I have gas funds and pastries, Home made Pastries \:D/

Oh my Girlfriend loved the herring trick and I might add I have done it since you showed dave and I. Calvin was with us when we tried it and shot some awesome video.
Cheers
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
scubadev
Getting To Know Folks

pastries

Post by scubadev »

gas funds and fresh pastries go a long way. i will be camping/diving/fishing at washington park on may 5/6/7. we should get dave to take his boat up and do some diving followed by bbq. i will be posting a new topic when i line up that weekend better.

i'm glad the herring works out. my favorite part of the whole day was holding the wolfie up and your gf's eyes saying "No, you keep it". i still chuckle.

later
devin
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Yeah Devin that was a funny look in her Eye. I will be watching for that weekend of camping, I love to fish and have all my gear for all kinds of fishing, let me know \:D/
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Re: re: hello

Post by DiverDown »

scubadev wrote:I live in lake stevens and usually frequent Lighthouse in lynnwood (close to work). I do most of my diving currently off of my boat. i still shore dive on occasion but love the freedom of being mobile. no sand, less crowds, the usual. i enjoy diving with new divers such as yourself. i am willing to dive just about anywhere. i hold a basic open water c-card.
Hey Dev check out my pics in the photo gallerie section. all the things that are in the gallerie I found in lk stevens. (exept for the stubby sguid)!!
Who run barter town?
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Hey Devin welcome to the site!!! I am in South Florida working through the 23rd but I am definitely in to taking the boats out when I get back. I am looking forward to diving Key Largo this weekend but really am looking forward to getting back home, see you guys when I get back!!!! :partyman:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...