Thursday @ Redondo 3/11/10

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Thursday @ Redondo 3/11/10

Post by BASSMAN »

I was just there for the second dive, I saw the largest Stubby Squid ever, on this dive. :supz:
The Tide was way out there, so as we wanted to hit the eel grass on the way back, it would have put us in about 2 feet of water.
Still, we came back shallow and saw some cool things like the white, Shaggy Mouse that seems to have taken a residency there.
H20 Doc almost got grabbed by a GPO. Thanks to Greatfull diver, we all know not to let "that" happen.
I had an interesting encounter w/ a Mr. Ling Cod protecting what was left of his eggs. He wasn't very big, but he sure had an attitude about him.
I hope some of the guys who were on the first dive will post some pics and video. :smt064
Last edited by BASSMAN on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
ktb
I've Got Gills

Re: Thursday @ Redondo 1/11/10

Post by ktb »

Keith, methinks your referenced date is a little off. ;)
Kelly
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

BASSMAN wrote:...I hope some of the guys who were on the first dive will post some pics and video. :smt064

Video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy18jhLJu1s[/youtube]
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

ktb wrote:Keith, methinks your referenced date is a little off. ;)
#-o I've been doing that a lot lately, must be a side effect from the stroke thing. Yeah, that's it. :evil4:

Thanks for keeping me in the present time frame ktb!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Post by gutholmj »

mz53480 wrote:
BASSMAN wrote:...I hope some of the guys who were on the first dive will post some pics and video. :smt064

Video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy18jhLJu1s[/youtube]
Nice video. The vis looks great. Wish I would have been there.
"Well as much as this pains me I am gonna have to pull out" - pogiguy05
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Thursday @ Redondo 3/11/10

Post by H20doctor »

well dont forget Mongo was there for dive #1...
I showed up at 630 pm and met MZ and Mongo for a splash at the DOND... after having the rain come down on us we got in and went over the dive sigs... we rent down the rope at the Aquarium and headed right.. I was sporting 2 lights and thought it was kinda cool lighting up the night.. I saw a Large creature under a Boat ? and there were lots of small shrimps everywhere... right off the Bat we found a Mongo and Mz found a small Red Octo, and we enjoyed him or her ? untill it inked and swam off ... we hit the usual sites there and we all kept a close watch on our air ... I tried to give Mongo a underwater High five !!! but he thought i waas asking him for his air usage :partydance: , My Bad .... we ended up back at the entry and got out ..

Dive #2
Bassman shows up and I am cold cold cold ... Having a Reg issue with it Puking air... I switched one out with MZ.. But even his reg was still talking ... So i stuffed it into the reg Keeper and just dealt with it... we planned on heading down to the carolsel Boat because I have never seen it ... so we drop down and get situated , and i start swimming like a mad man .. down down down I go ... and then i stopped to see bassman Fly by me and pass me up... we hit 80 feet and i see another large creature under the thing there .. Ya thats what I saw ... keith and MZ are having a look and im ready to get the Heck out of here ... as we turn , My nark comes on .... OH ya ... its a good one ... the air in my reg gets thick ... And im feeling real good .... Like 3 beers Good ... Ha HA HA HA HA :mmmbeer: Now ... it came on like this because I havent been below 50 feet in like 2 weeks ... So we head up and back on the rope ... i found on both dive the funny T rex .. and give him a good Petting.. we got past the Pipe Boat rack thing and I decide its time to play .. lights out .. I cup my light out and its Black all around me .. I am now invisible to Bassman and MZ ... i swim around MZ and he doesnt know where i am ? even though Im 5 feet from him on his left side .. He looks all the way right and above , But there is no H20 ? He signals Bassman .. wher is H20? .. Bassman says Gots No clue ? :supz: \:D/ .. So now mike checks his Left side !! Blamo my light goes back on and Im Laughing my A## off underwater with Huge air clouds coming off of me .... I love that game ... But only play it with good close Dive partners , otherwise you will really freek someone out , and put them in an underwater panick..
we saw lots of stubbie squids and heading into the shallows were we also saw lots of little crabbies , and even a shaggie Mouse ... Lots of fun at Redondo and we will see you all soon on a thursady dive
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Mongodives
Aquaphile

Post by Mongodives »

yep, that was a weird moment when you kept showing me your hand. I didn't know if you wanted me to hold what I had, wanted an air check or what, you had me wondering for the rest of the dive what the heck you wanted.

I appreciated the show you put on towards the end of the dive though, I thought it was funny and worth videoing, to bad MZ didn't think it was video worthy.
"we're gonna need a bigger boat" Sherriff Brody
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Mongodives wrote:.....I appreciated the show you put on towards the end of the dive though, I thought it was funny and worth videoing, to bad MZ didn't think it was video worthy.
Are you referring to the cucumber safety stop?
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Mongodives
Aquaphile

Post by Mongodives »

yep
"we're gonna need a bigger boat" Sherriff Brody
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

mz53480 wrote:
Mongodives wrote:.....I appreciated the show you put on towards the end of the dive though, I thought it was funny and worth videoing, to bad MZ didn't think it was video worthy.
Are you referring to the cucumber safety stop?
I *really* hope you're referring to a sea cucumber here or we're talking about a whole 'nother kind of video and show . . . and I think that's only legal in Canada.
Kelly
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Mongodives wrote:yep
Here you go...you sickos.....

[The extension mp4 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Check out the VIDEOS!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

what was that ? i couldnt even see a dang thing ? then you put octo Ink at the end ... so lame.. such a canada violation ... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Id rather watch me pet the Dinosaur ...at least that was good entertainment.. Geesh MZ
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen