Status of Cove 2

General banter about diving and why we love it.
overandunderwater
Frequent Bubbler

Status of Cove 2

Post by overandunderwater »

Can anyone give me an idea if Cove 2 is open yet for diving?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Status of Cove 2

Post by CaptnJack »

overandunderwater wrote:Can anyone give me an idea if Cove 2 is open yet for diving?
It doesn't close ;)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
overandunderwater
Frequent Bubbler

Great--good to know. I'm feeling guilty for being out of the Sound for the last couple of months and need to get wet.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

If you were concerned about the construction, it never closed the Cove. They have finished driving the piles and are now building the docks. The last time I dove there (about two weeks ago) the construction didn't impact us at all.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Like others have said the cove never closed. My understanding, per discussion at the March 3rd Marker Buoy meeting, is that the North boundary line and some structures have been disturbed by the barge anchors. Pay attention to your navigation until things get cleaned up.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
overandunderwater
Frequent Bubbler

Thanks all :smt038
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

The boundary line has been moved in some places, but it's still quite recognizable on the bottom -- at least until the kelp starts to grow!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames