Pony tanks?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Pony tanks?

Post by CaptnJack »

Dashrynn wrote:I already knew about a nitrox version from reading about it on scubaboard but if everyone thinks I'm as stupid as I am and they never listen anyways why should I bother trying to be myself? If I atleast act what everyone thinks then perhaps they will listen to some extent.

If I said there was a nitrox version I would be made a mockery of my intelligence. Sometimes you have to adapt and change to get the point across.
Ooooh a double agent now, good job keepin' Sounder on his toes.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

CaptnJack wrote:

Just be sure to flush it a couple times and for god sakes analyze and check the analysis tape before breathing. How about only putting 1500psi in the AL6?

Don't forget the MOD stickers :smt064
I think Matt was thinking we would VIP it first.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Nwbrewer wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:

Just be sure to flush it a couple times and for god sakes analyze and check the analysis tape before breathing. How about only putting 1500psi in the AL6?

Actually I have tried using said 6 cu ft bottle to breathe off of not too long ago. I went scootering in the pool at Joe's places (4 FFW). Even at basically the surface you could watch the spg needle go down with every breath.

I haven't had argon in that bottle for a long time. I always just transfill it off my breathing tanks. If you want we can crack the valve to make sure there's no gas in there, fill it to 1500 and run a test.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Joshua Smith wrote:Dunno, but I'm waiting for the heliox version. :grouphug:

Here ya go
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (2.24 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:

Actually I have tried using said 6 cu ft bottle to breathe off of not too long ago. I went scootering in the pool at Joe's places (4 FFW). Even at basically the surface you could watch the spg needle go down with every breath.

I haven't had argon in that bottle for a long time. I always just transfill it off my breathing tanks. If you want we can crack the valve to make sure there's no gas in there, fill it to 1500 and run a test.
Wow, you got more than one breath? Must have some good consumption rate. Just give it to Jake next time :laugh:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

CaptnJack wrote:
Mattleycrue76 wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:

Wow, you got more than one breath? Must have some good consumption rate. Just give it to Jake next time :laugh:
My consumption rate would be better if I didn't have to actually swim either. Just dragging around the ocean, that's no way to dive.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
spatz84
Aquaphile

Post by spatz84 »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:I see no reason not to test the spair air in the real world. Go down to 60 ft (Geodome) remove primary - retain primary in one hand ready to go - breathe off spair air with other hand until empty - replace primary - make sure a competent buddy monitors the whole thing with his/her alternate ready to donate.
ya this is what I was thinking. I want actually breath off the exact equipment I have to know with out a doubt what it will do at that depth.

There really is a NITROX spare air?

S.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

spatz84 wrote:There really is a NITROX spare air?
yes. LINK
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

spatman wrote:
yes. LINK
You know I've heard many debates on the pros and cons of Spareair. But I would really love to know the reasoning behind the Nitrox one. I can't come up with a single reason for it (except to charge an extra $20 for the green sticker)
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:
spatman wrote:
yes. LINK
You know I've heard many debates on the pros and cons of Spareair. But I would really love to know the reasoning behind the Nitrox one. I can't come up with a single reason for it (except to charge an extra $20 for the green sticker)

I agree, I could even argue both sides of a spare air, but same here... why on earth a nitrox version, not one single reason makes sense.

What do you think LDS charges to fill one ?

Brendan
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

2loud4u wrote:
Mattleycrue76 wrote:
spatman wrote:
yes. LINK

I agree, I could even argue both sides of a spare air, but same here... why on earth a nitrox version, not one single reason makes sense.

What do you think LDS charges to fill one ?

Brendan
They come with adapters to fill off your main tanks.
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

nitrox ready means you can fill it with whatever you have on hand, heliox, nitrox, argon, carbon monoxide, and it won't hurt the spare air.
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

smike wrote: carbon monoxide, .
Custom made for you by Jack Kevorkian
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

CaptnJack wrote:
smike wrote: carbon monoxide, .
Custom made for you by Jack Kevorkian
Oh oops... I just finished my muffler fill whip attachment for a 65 dodge dart.

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

ljjames wrote:dive xtras delux camera mount :) right out of the box, no mods... they can help you figure out what baseplate you need...

oh ya, and a lot of the camera mount in this VERY CHEEZEBALL theatrically purposed video. (yes, i know the drydock is not a wreck but it was for 'effect') http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3kBNaE89t4

:threadjacked:

Laura! Im ashamed of you! Scootering at EUP!!! You criminal!! :stick: :arsespank: :rofl:

Thanks for the help.. I just bought that mount for the new cuda!
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

technically i had two scoots... does that mean i get double the fine?

will i gain immunity if i rat out my scootering buddies in the park over the past year?

enjoy the new mount, it was the best addition ever (other than a new camera and housing) to my videoing... now i can use the scooter as part of the stabilization... hopefully that will let me fudge for another year or so before i have to pony up and buy a bigger system.
Jaksonbrown wrote:

Laura! Im ashamed of you! Scootering at EUP!!! You criminal!! :stick: :arsespank: :rofl:

----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

ljjames wrote:technically i had two scoots... does that mean i get double the fine?

will i gain immunity if i rat out my scootering buddies in the park over the past year?

enjoy the new mount, it was the best addition ever (other than a new camera and housing) to my videoing... now i can use the scooter as part of the stabilization... hopefully that will let me fudge for another year or so before i have to pony up and buy a bigger system.
Jaksonbrown wrote:

EUP was made for scootering. Stupid law. I love to support my fellow criminals! I am dying to get the boat over there and drop anchor just outside the boundry line. Then they have to come to the boat to give me a ticket for using the scoots in the park.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

when you wanna go scootin? weekdays are best for me right now (well, in a few weeks, i'm supposed to be packing and moving for the next couple) ;)
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

ljjames wrote:when you wanna go scootin? weekdays are best for me right now (well, in a few weeks, i'm supposed to be packing and moving for the next couple) ;)

Ill send ya a pm Laura