Good deal on sofno

Re-learning buoyancy skills or have questions (or answers) about diving a CCR or SCR? The No Bubble Zone is the place to discuss rebreather diving.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Good deal on sofno

Post by Joshua Smith »

http://www.divegearexpress.com/rebreath ... bent.shtml

As cheap as I've ever seen it, and free shipping! :joshsmith:
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
loanwolf
Pelagic

Re: Good deal on sofno

Post by loanwolf »

I am sending 10kg of Airgases 4-8 mesh to Paul on Monday to have it tested in a rEvo on the machine so don't get too carried away yet Josh. It is $45 a keg. it may take a few weeks till he gets to it.
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

some of us choose sofnolime some choose other stuff...

I'll admit I'm a lemming, i dive what my instructor does... he has the years, experience and testing machines (down in Centralia for those who want to visit) to make a better choice than me at this stage in the game... I bet he'd be happy to hook yer revo up to the breathing machine and see how she rolls with the stuff..

Your instructor/mentor likewise has considerable experience...

All I'm sayin is that students tend to follow their instructors for the most part, it doesn't make the cheaper one a better deal per se or vice versa...

Thanks for posting the good deal Josh!
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

ljjames wrote:some of us choose sofnolime some choose other stuff...

I'll admit I'm a lemming, i dive what my instructor does... he has the years, experience and testing machines (down in Centralia for those who want to visit) to make a better choice than me at this stage in the game... I bet he'd be happy to hook yer revo up to the breathing machine and see how she rolls with the stuff..

All I'm sayin is that students tend to follow their instructors for the most part, it doesn't make the cheaper one a better deal per se or vice versa...

Their is a lot of us who have been diving it for the last yr some more than that. According to Molecular data the only difference is 2% moisture. We just have officially never had it tested for diving use on a certified machine. When did Leon get the machine? Last I heard he was still sending stuff over to Paul to have it tested and cetifed.
Greg
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

*shrug* I could be wrong, its been known to happen. i thought he had some way to test stuff at his factory, but yes, for sure he sends a bunch of stuff out for testing where cert/publication are involved.
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

ljjames wrote:*shrug* I could be wrong, its been known to happen. i thought he had some way to test stuff at his factory, but yes, for sure he sends a bunch of stuff out for testing where cert/publication are involved.
No it would be nice if he does! I just cant see him spending $300,000.00 for one. Right now their are 2 in Europe and one in the US that I know of. Can you ask him?

They may have something just for general testing that they have put together. And that may be what you are thinking about.
Greg
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

You bet. The sodasorb IS cheaper, and if you filter it through one of those screens that people use for baking (lost my vocabulary- it's a common household item you sift flour through) it's allright. But I prefer the sofnolime, given a choice. And at this price, I wish I could afford to order more than one.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Chris Borgen
Compulsive Diver

Post by Chris Borgen »

loanwolf wrote:I am sending 10kg of Airgases 4-8 mesh to Paul on Monday to have it tested in a rEvo on the machine so don't get too carried away yet Josh. It is $45 a keg. it may take a few weeks till he gets to it.
Wolfman, do you have any extra airgas soda?
http://www.maritimedocumentation.org
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Joshua Smith wrote:

You bet. The sodasorb IS cheaper, and if you filter it through one of those screens that people use for baking (lost my vocabulary- it's a common household item you sift flour through) it's allright. But I prefer the sofnolime, given a choice. And at this price, I wish I could afford to order more than one.
You mean a Flour Sifter?

0]

D(B)
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

borcpro21 wrote:
loanwolf wrote:I am sending 10kg of Airgases 4-8 mesh to Paul on Monday to have it tested in a rEvo on the machine so don't get too carried away yet Josh. It is $45 a keg. it may take a few weeks till he gets to it.
Wolfman, do you have any extra airgas soda?
I have some left of the 2nd tub, why?
Greg
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Thanks for the lead, Josh....heckuva great price compared to anything I have seen for a couple of years. The free shipping and no sales tax were the deal-makers for me - I just ordered 2 kegs.

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Schweet.... just stocked up.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

My sorb arrived Wednesday, the 10th - 1 week after I ordered it. =D>
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

Gill Envy
Dive-aholic

Post by Gill Envy »

John Rawlings wrote:My sorb arrived Wednesday, the 10th - 1 week after I ordered it. =D>
Hello John, what is the expiration on the Kegs you just received?

regards,
George
Gill Envy

...because we weren't born with gills!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Gill Envy wrote:
John Rawlings wrote:My sorb arrived Wednesday, the 10th - 1 week after I ordered it. =D>
Hello John, what is the expiration on the Kegs you just received?

regards,
George

Mine is 12/31/87. That means 2087, right?

Just kidding. The keg I just got last week is june, 2014.

John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Mine are also June, 2014.

RDW
Aquaphile

Post by RDW »

As of today, Feb 21:

http://www.addheliumstore.com

They are also selling the Sofnolime (Top of the shelf Kitty Litter) 8-12 stuff'
for $129USD includes shipping in the good 'ol US of A. Not too bad.
Damn! I can't do any better than that. Well, unless one just has to have
Good 'ol Merikan made Sodasorb. That, we can do a bit cheaper.
(37lbs vs 44lb containers)
The last thing I'm quibbling price over is my freakin' CO2 absorbant.
Randy Williams

"Man who say it cannot be done should not bother man who is doing it."
Gill Envy
Dive-aholic

Post by Gill Envy »

John Rawlings wrote:Mine are also June, 2014.
Just an update, thanks for the verification. I ordered and received in a timely manner 4 kegs with 2014 expiration and with any luck I'll be able to use them up by then!
g
Gill Envy

...because we weren't born with gills!