If i had the choice to move where would i....

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

If i had the choice to move where would i....

Post by Dashrynn »

Prospects right now are, jacksonville fl, san diego ca, and some places in hawaii....i am planning for down the road just in case i move to another location (next year). hawaii does sound appealing but if there is some cave diving close to jacksonville, i think i would enjoy that more.

Hawaii is appealing too because of all the pictures sock monkey has been submitting here recently.

Thanks everyone,
Curtis
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: If i had the choice to move where would i....

Post by H20doctor »

Dude ... You stay Here .. Respect the PNW.. !!!
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

The diving sucks on Oahu... and I'm assuming you'd be going to Oahu because there are no squids here on Hawaii Island.

San Diego and socal has better diving.

Please don't go to Jacksonville. You'll kill yourself in a cave... Then we'd have no one to pick on.

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

I'm so moving to jacksonville now, but really this is only if I can't get orders to everett. I'm tired of whidbey island, its not the place for a single guy.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Given that last comment, I'd say move to Sandy Eggo ... the Beach Boys had it right ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

I wonder if the beach boys scuba dived....hmm anyways, I loved living in san diego, if they have some nice scuba diving spots I would be "stoked"
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

Dashrynn wrote:I'm so moving to jacksonville now, but really this is only if I can't get orders to everett. I'm tired of whidbey island, its not the place for a single guy.
I thought you had a girlfriend.

On another note, moving to Everett ain't gonna help your cause.

Hell, moving to a womens prison with a fistful of pardons ain't gonna help your cause. :smt064
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

pensacoladiver wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:I'm so moving to jacksonville now, but really this is only if I can't get orders to everett. I'm tired of whidbey island, its not the place for a single guy.

Hell, moving to a womens prison with a fistful of pardons ain't gonna help your cause. :smt064
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hah: :hah: :clap: :clap: :arsespank: :boxer: :whip: :whip:
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Dashrynn wrote:Prospects right now are, jacksonville fl, san diego ca, and some places in hawaii....Curtis
What, no openings in 29palms? That place is like a 4 star resort, man. I couldn't get enough of it.....put in your PCS to there man....you'll never regret it.
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Dashrynn wrote:I wonder if the beach boys scuba dived....hmm anyways, I loved living in san diego, if they have some nice scuba diving spots I would be "stoked"
You kidding? La Jolla and Pt. Loma are famous for kelp forests. Wreck Alley has the Yukon, Ruby E and a few other nice wrecks. And the Coronados Islands are an easy sail away.

If I hadn't gotten this job in Tacoma six years ago, I'd probably be living there now ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

pensacoladiver wrote:

Best post in maybe the last year.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

pensacoladiver wrote:

no girlfriend anymore, long story behind that.

and i have u know im quite the ladies man. Your just jealous cuz i have been chatting with hot babes online all day. Image

no but for real, im being serial guys. Pro's and cons of locations???
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Grateful Diver wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:I wonder if the beach boys scuba dived....hmm anyways, I loved living in san diego, if they have some nice scuba diving spots I would be "stoked"
You kidding? La Jolla and Pt. Loma are famous for kelp forests. Wreck Alley has the Yukon, Ruby E and a few other nice wrecks. And the Coronados Islands are an easy sail away.

If I hadn't gotten this job in Tacoma six years ago, I'd probably be living there now ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
pt loma is a popular dive site??? i was stationed on the pt loma sub base before coming to washington! i heard about la jolla having a dive site but nothing else besides monteray bay.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Dashrynn wrote:
Grateful Diver wrote:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
pt loma is a popular dive site??? i was stationed on the pt loma sub base before coming to washington! i heard about la jolla having a dive site but nothing else besides monteray bay.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOvApFBLrwo[/youtube]

Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Dashrynn wrote:
pensacoladiver wrote:

no girlfriend anymore, long story behind that.

and i have u know im quite the ladies man. Your just jealous cuz i have been chatting with hot babes online all day. Image

As long as your serial,

You should definatly go to Florida.... you and Chad make such a good team... hate to break up the love affair! :neener:
As long as your being serial,....
Last edited by Jaksonbrown on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Post by Rooinater »

San Diego has a huge list of places I want to dive.
Assuming you are a submariner I can only assume you can't try for orders to Pensacola NAS... But if you could I would suggest it if you like wreck diving, but you'll need a boat. Shortly after I left there, after finishing my avionics courses, they sunk the largest artificial reef, a full size carrier... Plenty of girls on Pensacola Beach and the board walk, along with all the clubs/bars in town.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Rooinater wrote:San Diego has a huge list of places I want to dive.
Assuming you are a submariner I can only assume you can't try for orders to Pensacola NAS... But if you could I would suggest it if you like wreck diving, but you'll need a boat. Shortly after I left there, after finishing my avionics courses, they sunk the largest artificial reef, a full size carrier... Plenty of girls on Pensacola Beach and the board walk, along with all the clubs/bars in town.
i was a submariner at one time but now im an aviation electronics technician, good thing to know about san diego though
spatz84
Aquaphile

Post by spatz84 »

I went to college at Point Loma, big fan of the place. If I was looking at your choices thats where I would go. And California girls are pretty awsome. Like the Beach Boys sing it " I wish they all could be California...." but I have to give props to the Hawaiian girls thier always pretty cool too.

S. :supz:
kagey747
Avid Diver

Post by kagey747 »

C'mon Curtis, what's not to like about the Whidbey Women? After all, that's where I met my 2nd wife and.... well uh, I hear California IS pretty nice. Still like the idea of you and Pcola taking buddy-orders to FLA.
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

Good thing you have your own boat now kagey cause comments like that won't get you back out on mine. Speaking of which, were you aware yours is sunk at the marina. Makes for a great training wreck. Haha

when ya comin home?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

dsteding wrote:
pensacoladiver wrote:

Best post in maybe the last year.

You might be right about that- I pulled a muscle in my ribcage laughing at that one.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

pensacoladiver wrote:Good thing you have your own boat now kagey cause comments like that won't get you back out on mine. Speaking of which, were you aware yours is sunk at the marina. Makes for a great training wreck. Haha

when ya comin home?
im gonna go to fl just to bug the hell outta chad, sounds like a plan who else is in?
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

kagey747 wrote:C'mon Curtis, what's not to like about the Whidbey Women? After all, that's where I met my 2nd wife and.... well uh, I hear California IS pretty nice. Still like the idea of you and Pcola taking buddy-orders to FLA.
Most whidbey people here are not my kind of crowd, cheating housewives, cheating girlfriends and people without moral code can be found within every inch of this god forsaken town. I should move to florida! :rofl:
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

Dashrynn wrote:
pensacoladiver wrote:Good thing you have your own boat now kagey cause comments like that won't get you back out on mine. Speaking of which, were you aware yours is sunk at the marina. Makes for a great training wreck. Haha

when ya comin home?
im gonna go to fl just to bug the hell outta chad, sounds like a plan who else is in?
Does the phrase "Hetero Life Mates" mean anything to you two?

"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

well while we are at it
Attachments
jay and not silent pdiver.jpg
jay and not silent pdiver.jpg (14.31 KiB) Viewed 2367 times