New from A.K.

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Bubblemaster
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New from A.K.

Post by Bubblemaster »

Hello fello divers,
This new dive club thing is new to me but thought I would give it a shot. I met a few guys in Sitka A.K. a couple of weeks ago when I was fishing there. They were super nice and even let me go out for a swim with them and try out my new spear gun. One of the guys (Rick Norris) sent me the club link and they explained to me what the dive club was. I am a commercial diver for cucumbers and geoducks in the fall and winter in Alaska and have been diving since I was 18, (now 29). I don't or havnt gone diving for pleasure that often but would like to. I recently decided to live in Seattle area when I'm not fishing and need something to keep me busy. I feel very comfortabe in the water and would love to meet some people and have some different dive experiences. I imagine I will have time to be a lot more active in the club towards this next fall but would like to get started here either way. Looking foreward to a Dive in the future.
Eric Larson
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: New from A.K.

Post by Norris »

Eric, I am glad you made it man!!! Welcome to the club and make sure to contact me when you get to town. We need to get your gear all done up, down here.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Welcome... and Boy have you come to the right place for potential dive buddies...

:biggrin:

Alex
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

welcome, eric! having met rick, i'm surprised you still wanted to check out the website. :smt064
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Hey !!! its eric from our trip to sitka !!! eric Made some sweet sushi rolls for our wreck dive !! yum
eric 1.jpg
thats Erick on the left.. me in the Red hat.. Bassman in Daback of the Boat were he belongs
eric 2.jpg
Eric getting ready to wreck dive with Dave and Keith in the foreground
eric 3.jpg
We had some great dives with you ... and Erick was waiting for the crazy Herring season to start , did it ever Happen ?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Hey Eric! :highfive:
Welcome to the board!
That was the first time I ever saw someone actually spear fish. So it was a first for both of us!
I lit it up with big bertha and Eric shot the monster fish right between the eyes!
Sure hope you get to come down to the South end and dive with me on a Thursday.

Glad to see you here!

Keith
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
spatz84
Aquaphile

Post by spatz84 »

welcome to seattle and the club, lots of oppertunity here, hope to see you around some time!

S. :supz:
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

Eric,

The 'other' Dave here. Glad you made through the herring season OK. Are you going to be back in Sitka next year? Keep us posted, it was great to dive with you. And give us some warning next time you're heading our way, I have tons of gear if you need a lend.
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh