Ignore

Need help with a site function? Looking for a how-to? Have a request for a new feature? Welcome to geekville.
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Ignore

Post by Fishstiq »

Once upon a time there was an ignore button next to the quote button when someone posted. You hit ignore on a persons post, and from then on whenever they posted all you saw was "Blah blah blah..." (assuming you were logged in of course). Can we have that feature back?
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: Ignore

Post by spatman »

Fishstiq wrote:Once upon a time there was an ignore button next to the quote button when someone posted. You hit ignore on a persons post, and from then on whenever they posted all you saw was "Blah blah blah..." (assuming you were logged in of course). Can we have that feature back?
if you assign the user in question as a "foe" in your control panel, a similar feature will be enabled.

have fun!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Fishstiq wrote:Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

Can someone tell me wtf Joe is all upset about?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Joshua Smith wrote:Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
did josh say anything important?
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

spatman wrote:
Foe wrote:...
if you assign the user in question as a "foe" in your control panel, a similar feature will be enabled.

have fun!
Who the H are you talking to? :dontknow:
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

BDub wrote:
Who the H are you talking to? :dontknow:
i couldn't resist :neener: :rofl:
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Who started this post ? I can't see them ? All I see is dots and Mumbo Jumbo typing
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

I posted this last night in the hopes that I might see a response by morning..... anyone? Mods? Hellllloooooo board peoples...?

John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Fishstiq wrote:I posted this last night in the hopes that I might see a response by morning..... anyone? Mods? Hellllloooooo board peoples...?
Spatty did answer you: "if you assign the user in question as a "foe" in your control panel, a similar feature will be enabled."

It's different than before, but the result is the same.....

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

why's this thread empty?
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Blah Blah Blah.....
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I don't need no steenking button ... I usually ignore Joe even when he's standing right next to me ... :neener:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

I would like Joe's ignore list to be published as a public service. We could use it like anti-virus updates or the top-40 music charts. A little update script would be nice. You'd get a little popup once in a while "Your Joe's Foes database has been updated successfully." It would give peace of mind knowing I was always protected. :biggrin:
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

airsix wrote:I would like Joe's ignore list to be published as a public service. We could use it like anti-virus updates or the top-40 music charts. A little update script would be nice. You'd get a little popup once in a while "Your Joe's Foes database has been updated successfully." It would give peace of mind knowing I was always protected. :biggrin:
Good thing you're so far away or Joe'd stop by with said protection. :confused:

Oh and
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Grateful Diver wrote:I don't need no steenking button ... I usually ignore Joe even when he's standing right next to me ... :neener:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Hmm, wish that was a joke...
:penelope:

airsix wrote:I would like Joe's ignore list to be published as a public service. We could use it like anti-virus updates or the top-40 music charts. A little update script would be nice. You'd get a little popup once in a while "Your Joe's Foes database has been updated successfully." It would give peace of mind knowing I was always protected. :biggrin:
Uh, someone might find that offensive. Ben, here on NWDC we try to keep it family/kid/disabled/imported/gently used/height impaired/age/std carrying/tax evading/hide-the-bodies friendly.

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Fishstiq wrote:
Grateful Diver wrote:I don't need no steenking button ... I usually ignore Joe even when he's standing right next to me ... :neener:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Hmm, wish that was a joke...
:penelope:

Uh, someone might find that offensive. Ben, here on NWDC we try to keep it family/kid/disabled/imported/gently used/height impaired/age/std carrying/tax evading/hide-the-bodies friendly.
Silly ______ you forgot all the ethnicities de jour.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.