Howdy All

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Chambers
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Howdy All

Post by Chambers »

Hello All,

Just starting to get the dive bug lately after being a vacation-only diver for the past several years. Certified rescue about 10 years ago but have only logged a couple hundred total dives (got real excited about traning and then petered out).

Haven't been in cold water in at least 5 years with my infrequent diving happening in the carribean and Hawaii.

I am looking forward to getting back into diving and this looks like a great source for diving buddies and info that was not available years ago.

David
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: Howdy All

Post by Tangfish »

Hi David,

Welcome to NWDC! Feel free to peruse the forum, ask questions and find a buddy to go diving with. Plenty of active divers around these here parts!
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Welcome to NWDC! I can assure you that if you post that you want to dive and when you are available the dive buddies will come!

What part of the Northwest are you located at? Letting people know in general where you live is the best way to find buddies that might be just down the street from you.

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Chambers
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Chambers »

Some more info about me: married with two small kids, live in the Bellevue area. I plan to get some training with a dry suit and maybe pick one up. Being warm will make me happier and more likey to dive.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Hey Chambers

Welcome to NWDC! A bunch of us meet every Monday at Mukilteo for a couple of dives. You're welcome to join us or even just stop by and check out gear and :blah: if you're planning to buy some. Our third dive of the day is traditionally at the Diamond Knot brewery - no Drysuit required :mmmbeer:
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Hi Chambers!
if you can make it, come on up to the Muk on Monday- hope to see ya there!
spatz84
Aquaphile

Post by spatz84 »

I'm another north ender,from the everett area. welcome to the Club! Let me extend another invite to the MMM dives on monday nights in mukletio, I also like to dive that and other spots on the weekends. if your up our way and want to do some diving let any of us know. someone will be bound to be splashing somewhere.

S. :supz:
Chambers
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Chambers »

Thanks for the great welcome everyone! I will absolutely come to Mukilteo and soak up some of the expertise of you guys. I will probably stay out of the water until I get a dry suit. Layers of neoprene are not my thing anymore.

Thanks again to all. This is a great community.

Dave