Neah Bay day trip 4-23

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
PeninsulaDiver
Aquaphile

Neah Bay day trip 4-23

Post by PeninsulaDiver »

Although, it can be a long day, an advantage to living on the Olympic Peninsula is that you can do Neah Bay as a day trip. Currents looked good for Friday so I kept a close eye on the weather all week. Forecast didn't look crazy good but good enough to give it a shot so we went.

We ended up with very little wind but a pretty large swell out of the west which made for some interesting surge diving. Vis was 25-30ft at depth. Not epic but still very nice. :thumb3d:
Tiger
Tiger
GPO
GPO
PICT0115.JPG

We came across this....
PICT0072.JPG
and this...
PICT0074.JPG
Hope whoever ditched them ended up being ok.

-Mark
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Re: Neah Bay day trip 4-23

Post by pensacoladiver »

What spot were you at out there? There was a boat full of divers looking for a dropped spear gun last year at the Waddah Island fingers. Not sure if it was a JBL or not.

Also, if you slavaged the gun and are looking to get rid of it, sell it... I can probably give it a good home.
PeninsulaDiver
Aquaphile

Post by PeninsulaDiver »

Hi Chad.

Waadah Fingers. If you are familiar with how the Fingers run, it's located on the 1st or 2nd ridgetop from the Southwestern most end in 50 to 60fsw. There was also a 6 or 7ft Pole-Spear lying in close proximity.

I didn't scoop them up. They are still there for the taking.

-Mark
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

25-30 ft viz AND a speargun to salvage? Now we gotta make a trip out there!
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

PeninsulaDiver wrote:Hi Chad.

Waadah Fingers. If you are familiar with how the Fingers run, it's located on the 1st or 2nd ridgetop from the Southwestern most end in 50 to 60fsw. There was also a 6 or 7ft Pole-Spear lying in close proximity.

I didn't scoop them up. They are still there for the taking.

-Mark
Sounds like it might be the one they were looking for last year... same spot.

If there is a pole spear for the taking out there, I'm sure Joe will be wanting to go look for it!