Not getting notifications..

Need help with a site function? Looking for a how-to? Have a request for a new feature? Welcome to geekville.
RandellPelak
Just Settling In

Not getting notifications..

Post by RandellPelak »

I set up subscriptions for two forums. And I can see them in my user control panel.
But I am not getting the e-mails anymore. I did get them for like a week. And then they stopped. I didn't even get notifications for replys to my own post (which is also shown as subscribed to in the control panel).
Any thoughts?

Randell
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Not getting notifications..

Post by Joshua Smith »

I changed one setting in your profile preferences regarding email notifications- did that solve it?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
RandellPelak
Just Settling In

Post by RandellPelak »

yes and no... I got the notification of the post you made in response to this thread. But I can see on my control panel that other posts have been made in forums I am watching after you made the post that you tweaked a setting, and I didn't get notification about them. What setting did you tweak?

Randell
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

RandellPelak wrote:yes and no... I got the notification of the post you made in response to this thread. But I can see on my control panel that other posts have been made in forums I am watching after you made the post that you tweaked a setting, and I didn't get notification about them. What setting did you tweak?

Randell

Uh....the one regarding recieving email notifications that I found in the admin panel. If that didn't fix it, I'm stumped- I couldn't find anything at all regarding thread subscriptions. Maybe you could "unsubscribe/ resubscribe" to them?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
RandellPelak
Just Settling In

Post by RandellPelak »

Okay, I will give that a shot.

thanks..

Randell
RandellPelak
Just Settling In

Post by RandellPelak »

Since the time I removed and updated the general scuba forum subscription, I haven't gotten any notifications. Before that I was starting to get them for the other forum I was watching. And for the specific threads there weren't any posts after I removed and re-added the general scuba forum subscription, so I don't know if they are still working.
any new thoughts?

Randell
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

i don't really know why you might be experiencing this, but i've subscribed to the General Scuba Forum as a test.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

spatman wrote:i don't really know why you might be experiencing this, but i've subscribed to the General Scuba Forum as a test.
As a side note.....Do you know why, when someone sends me a pm every other pm that I get, regardless of who it's from, has the op's name attached?
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

cardiver wrote:
spatman wrote:i don't really know why you might be experiencing this, but i've subscribed to the General Scuba Forum as a test.
As a side note.....Do you know why, when someone sends me a pm every other pm that I get, regardless of who it's from, has the op's name attached?
do you mean ever other pm in that same PM thread, or just in general? and attached where, the PM itself or the notification email?
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

RandellPelak wrote:Since the time I removed and updated the general scuba forum subscription, I haven't gotten any notifications. Before that I was starting to get them for the other forum I was watching. And for the specific threads there weren't any posts after I removed and re-added the general scuba forum subscription, so I don't know if they are still working.
any new thoughts?

Randell

i seem to be getting the general forum subscription emails. is there a spam/junk filter than might be nabbing these emails?
RandellPelak
Just Settling In

Post by RandellPelak »

No I checked... :(

And strangely, after I posted here (related or not) I did get a notification for general discussion, but just one. Then notifications for that stopped. And I didn't get any for Oregon divers (the other forum I watch).

Randell