Port Townsend 5/8 recap

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
dieseldude
Extreme Diving Machine

Port Townsend 5/8 recap

Post by dieseldude »

I'm here to tell you that 3 days of Norhtwest diving is good for the soul but hell on the mind & body for the next week as you try to get caught up on editing, surveys, dive reports, the work you blew off to dive & the work that still has to be done. Here's my highlights from a recent adventure in Port Townsend all spent at Dusty2's haunt Point Hudson. It seemed to be a migration as I made the long drive, Blackwater came up from Portland, Dusty2 is from Tacoma, & we ran into Octoloco & hubby in the "dive machine"who I found out are from my neck of the woods. I find myself wondering if anyone in PT is aware that they have a kickbutt dive site there??? All the out-o-towners are sucking it up.
Anyway thanks to Mr. Blackwater for being my buddy for the day. I have to share a little humorous anecdote at his expense. My 12yr old son came with me. At the end of the day he asks,"What was that guys name?" "Bric" I replied. -momentary pause..."thats appropriate" my son says..."That guy is huge!" :rofl:
Back away from the weight bench Bric, your scarin my kids! I wondered why he was being so good the whole time. he was afraid you were going to kick his a$$. :smt064
Anyway, to be honest, this wasnt one of my best trips over & I was real disappointed because I have hyped it up & invited a friend but it was still 3 good dives & one has to consider that a) The vis isnt great anywhere right now & b)I did sunrise on the 6th, and c) I did Deception pass on the 7th. We're talking tough acts to follow. I did muk yesterday & it felt like yuck after those 3 days of diving.
I'm just gonna throw down a bunch-o-pics here & say that this site has everything you could want but it clearly has seasons for different parts of it & different critters. It's worth the drive any time regardless.
Fair winds & calm seas,
MJ
PointHudson582010 005.jpg
PointHudson582010 012-1.jpg
PointHudson582010 017.jpg
PointHudson582010 021.jpg
PointHudson582010 026.jpg
PointHudson582010 032.jpg
PointHudson582010 038.jpg
PointHudson582010 044.jpg
PointHudson582010 047.jpg
PointHudson582010 054.jpg
PointHudson582010 065.jpg
PointHudson582010 074.jpg
PointHudson582010 079.jpg
" What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Re: Port Townsend 5/8 recap

Post by Bric Martin »

Thanks for the laugh. I probably had a better dive experience than you because it was a new site for me. I thought there a lot of critters and the colors were great.

Thanks for a nice day!
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

nice pics mike ... your getting better and better at taking underwater magic
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Nice pics!
dieseldude wrote:I find myself wondering if anyone in PT is aware that they have a kickbutt dive site there???
Mm, yup.
:taco:
PeninsulaDiver
Aquaphile

Post by PeninsulaDiver »

dieseldude wrote:I find myself wondering if anyone in PT is aware that they have a kickbutt dive site there???

BTW, nice pics.

-Mark