M MMM 5/31

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

M MMM 5/31

Post by ldevore »

Who's in for Memorial day MMM????

The usual...

Muk T-Dock.
Dive #1 @ 4:00 ish
Dive #2 @ 6:30 ish
Dive #3 to follow at the Diamond Knott :occasion5: :burntchef:

I'm in for Dive #1 & 2. Rummor has it that April may have her new crack-toy with her..... :metal:

Lauri
April
Dive-aholic

Re: M MMM 5/31

Post by April »

In!!! dive 2 and 3 for sure, maybe dive 1.

Should I bring new crack-toy? Ho hum... haven't decided yet... I'll see if I feel like it.
April
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

April wrote:In!!! dive 2 and 3 for sure, maybe dive 1.

Should I bring new crack-toy? Ho hum... haven't decided yet... I'll see if I feel like it.
crack toy.... wow... that congers up all kinds of images..... I was not gonna make this MMM, but now... wow.. that might be worth watching.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I'll be getting home monday from camping all weekend, so I'll have to sit this one out. :(
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Linda and I are planning on it at this point. Possibly both dives
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

I will be off, so ill bring my "crack toy" along. That will be IF I haven't ran the battery down already.

All three dives should suffice my nitrogen needs.
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

April wrote:Should I bring new crack-toy? Ho hum... haven't decided yet... I'll see if I feel like it.
:rofl:
doc
Avid Diver

Post by doc »

Yup, bringing a camera too.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

So who all is gonna be there? and whos gonna have a scoot?
timjritter
Just Settling In

Post by timjritter »

can anyone get in on this? I'm only open water certified but have diven mukilteo several times. I dont have a scooter either.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

timjritter wrote:can anyone get in on this? I'm only open water certified but have diven mukilteo several times. I dont have a scooter either.
Yep, MMM is just an informal "club dive". There's no real organization, it's just a time that usually works out for people to show up. There's nothing formal about it, show up, let people know who you are, and find a buddy.

Most times the profiles are in the 40-70' range so OW cert'd folks should be just fine. It sounds like there may be a preponderance of scooter divers there this week, but that's not a normal occurrence. I'm normally there, but I have some family commitments this week, so I won't make it. Sounds like doc will be there sans scooter though.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
timjritter
Just Settling In

Post by timjritter »

sweet! i'll be there at 4! my name is tim, black chevrolet with canopy.
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

I should be there. If it doesn't poor. I'm bringing a lasso to catch me a scooter. :pirate:
timjritter
Just Settling In

Post by timjritter »

oh! i see now! MMM is a dive club. sorry for presuming to invite myself! found a buddy at redondo, never been there before so i think I'll do that.
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

timjritter wrote:oh! i see now! MMM is a dive club. sorry for presuming to invite myself! found a buddy at redondo, never been there before so i think I'll do that.

No it's just "Monday Mukilteo Madness", with us "Mad" NWDC folks going diving together.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

timjritter wrote:oh! i see now! MMM is a dive club. sorry for presuming to invite myself!
No, it is an excuse to catch up with old friends, meet new folks, and drink beer at the Diamond Knot (Dive #3. New foks are steered towards our dives on a regular basis. If you feel like getting wet join us for dive #1 around 4:00 and Dive #2 around 6:30. There is lots of mentoring involved, especially if you show up more than once. We had a fellow out last week doing his first dives in salt water and his first dives after his OW cert. Careful though, it can get expensive if you come too often, especially if you get a taste of can lights and scooter crack.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
bfann
Avid Diver

Post by bfann »

Looking forward to my first MMM and meeting some more people from the club. I've only dived Mukilteo once before, so I'd love to buddy up with a diver more familiar with the area if possible. I'll be there for dive 1 and driving a silver Corolla.

-Brian
doc
Avid Diver

Post by doc »

There are three others planning to come with me as well, word of mouth, you know...

Should be a good dive this week. Nice turnout...
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Ooooh, I so want to come! But I have to work tomorrow, and the ferry schedule does not allow for evening excursions...

How many of the regular crew is going to Neah Bay in June (in other words, how many of you might be around that Monday)? I'll finally have a few days to devote to diving between the 19th and...whenever I decide to hit the road back home! I will have a buddy with me, so it's not like I won't be able to dive when I want, but I'd love to see some of you guys before I take off again!
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

sheahanmcculla wrote:
timjritter wrote:oh! i see now! MMM is a dive club. sorry for presuming to invite myself! found a buddy at redondo, never been there before so i think I'll do that.

No it's just "Monday Mukilteo Madness", with us "Mad" NWDC folks going diving together.
ya gotta show to actually be in the togetherness though. :smt064 :neener: