Rebreathers.....

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Re: Rebreathers.....

Post by ljjames »

I think he's trying to be the GI3 of the next generation of divers.
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Jaksonbrown wrote:On a side note... Richard making that kind of statement just proves the old saying.....
If at first you assume,.. all you succeed in doing is make yourself into an ASS!!!
well, ya gotta prove him wrong before you can say that...

but seriously, good luck and be safe. keep us updated on how your training goes.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

btw, which ccr did you order?
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

spatman wrote:btw, which ccr did you order?
Im going to attend Mels class and then make my decision.....From the many recommendations I have been given, Im leaning toward the rEvo Standard II, the Kiss Classic, or The Meg.....

BTW... Any of you Meg divers out there.. Laura, Josh, John, Greg........anyone else... I have heard that the Meg is great for WOB, and buoyancy properties, but can be restrictive with your movements due to the lungs being on your chest and shoulders, and kind of in the way.... have any of you found this to be true, or not so true? Any comparisons to the rEvo, or Kiss you might have??

Thanks for the info....
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

Cory, I love your new sig line. Didn't I hear you say you were on your third wife? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smt064
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

pensacoladiver wrote:Cory, I love your new sig line. Didn't I hear you say you were on your third wife? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smt064
LOL... Yep.... John hit the nail on the head with that statement! :dontknow:
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

pensacoladiver wrote:Cory, I love your new sig line. Didn't I hear you say you were on your third wife? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smt064
Third boat, second engine, third wife, third scooter, first CCR :pirate:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

CaptnJack wrote:
Geee Dick,.. ya wanna talk specifics about the stuff I have bought, broke, or gotten tired of.... Well then lets get specific cause ya got a few wrong..,,,,

actually its

8 boats
5 engines
3 scooters (hey ya got one right!)
4 motorcycles
3 hanggliders
2 rigid wing gliders
2 ultralights
3 wives
2 fiancees
dozens and dozens of flings
15 horses ( as long as we are discussing things I have ridden)
3 cars
2 pickup trucks
47 semi trucks
62 semi trailers
5 homes
9 corporations

Gee have I forgotten anything else....

Oh yea... this will be my first (hey another one right!), but probably not my last CCR.....

So what does this all mean Dick, Im hard to satisfy, yep... I change my mind alot... yep.... Im very well off and can afford to buy lots of shit on a whim and enjoy them till I am tired of em.... ummm... yep..... :taco: :taco: :taco:

But hey, we all cannot be me..... unfortunatly there are some people who are stuck being ..... you...
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Jaksonbrown wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Geee Dick,.. ya wanna talk specifics about the stuff I have bought, broke, or gotten tired of.... Well then lets get specific cause ya got a few wrong..,,,,

actually its

8 boats
5 engines
4 motorcycles
3 hanggliders
2 rigid wing gliders
2 ultralights
3 wives
2 fiancees
3 cars
2 pickup trucks
47 semi trucks
62 semi trailers
5 homes
9 corporations

Oh yea... this will be my first (hey another one right!), but probably not my last CCR.....

So what does this all mean Dick, Im hard to satisfy, yep... I change my mind alot... yep.... Im very well off and can afford to buy lots of shit on a whim and enjoy them till I am tired of em.... ummm... yep..... :taco: :taco: :taco:

But hey, we all cannot be me..... unfortunatly there are some people who are stuck being ..... you...
Cory the Destroyer.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Jaksonbrown wrote:o what does this all mean Dick, Im hard to satisfy, yep... I change my mind alot... yep.... Im very well off and can afford to buy lots of shit on a whim and enjoy them till I am tired of em.... ummm... yep..... :taco: :taco: :taco:

one thing being "very well off" will never buy you is modesty or tact.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

spatman wrote:
Jaksonbrown wrote:o what does this all mean Dick, Im hard to satisfy, yep... I change my mind alot... yep.... Im very well off and can afford to buy lots of shit on a whim and enjoy them till I am tired of em.... ummm... yep..... :taco: :taco: :taco:

one thing being "very well off" will never buy you is modesty or tact.
Well,.. as for the modesty part...Im part nudist :angelblue: :taco: .. so ya got me there :rofl:

.. as for tact... well, given Richards unprovoked remarks.. if ya blame me for being tact-less in this situation.... whatever....
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Cory I like you and all but that was a bit of a slap in the face for those of us who can barely afford a hollis scoot. :/
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Dashrynn wrote:Cory I like you and all but that was a bit of a slap in the face for those of us who can barely afford a hollis scoot. :/
Not sure why it's a slap in the face. When he was your age I bet he didn't have 2 nickels to rub together. He's worked for everything he has. I'm sure that if you apply yourself you'll be able to afford the toys when you're old like him. (Ah, see how I kept this post balanced. LOL)
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

CaptnJack wrote:Dude, sorry but you are a poor candidate for a CCR IMHO. You need to be absolutely meticulous with any RB since its pretty much continuously trying to kill you with either too much O2, not enough O2, or CO2 - and you are not a meticulous anal retentive about gear kinda guy.
Jaksonbrown wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:

actually its

8 boats
5 engines
4 motorcycles
3 hanggliders
2 rigid wing gliders
2 ultralights
3 wives
2 fiancees
3 cars
2 pickup trucks
47 semi trucks
62 semi trailers
5 homes
9 corporations

Take a bow buddy :bow: :bow:

You seem to be the only one missing the alignment of the stars here.
spatman wrote: one thing being "very well off" will never buy you is modesty or tact.
Or consideration or thoughtfulness.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

airsix wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:Cory I like you and all but that was a bit of a slap in the face for those of us who can barely afford a hollis scoot. :/
Not sure why it's a slap in the face. When he was your age I bet he didn't have 2 nickels to rub together. He's worked for everything he has. I'm sure that if you apply yourself you'll be able to afford the toys when you're old like him. (Ah, see how I kept this post balanced. LOL)
No not that... just grew up poor and when someone flaunts their wealth its like they're saying " im better than you". But i understand why cory said it like he did....
Buster
Just Settling In

Post by Buster »

Dashrynn wrote:
airsix wrote:
No not that... just grew up poor and when someone flaunts their wealth its like they're saying " im better than you". But i understand why cory said it like he did....
I agree with Dashrynn here. It does not matter how Jaksonbrown earned his money or what his background is. His post is merely to flaunt his wealth and attempt to feel superior to anyone who can not afford to live his lifestyle. It is in extremely poor taste to do this in public.
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

Buster wrote:I agree with Dashrynn here.
How to squelch your credibility 101.

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Sockmonkey wrote:

-Eric
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Now that's funny sir!
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by kat »

8 boats got a great one off the bat
5 engines 2 boat, half dozen car, and a couple of motorcycle
3 scooters (hey ya got one right!) drool
4 motorcycles i have 3
3 hanggliders 4 snowboards
2 rigid wing gliders thinking of taking up gliding
2 ultralights or flying
3 wives love comes and goes
2 fiancees sometimes faster then others
dozens and dozens of flings can't argue that one, lots of fun
15 horses ( as long as we are discussing things I have ridden) see flings. not with horses.
3 cars have had 5
2 pickup trucks
47 semi trucks work related i asssume
62 semi trailers work related i assume
5 homes 2 so far
9 corporations not corporations, but i have had 4 or 5 business ventures

let me say that i am not so shiny financially speaking. objects do not equate wealth.
"As long as you get everything tucked into your pants, you are good to go." -wasp7000
Buster
Just Settling In

Post by Buster »

Sockmonkey wrote:

-Eric
Ha Ha. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, Sockmonkey.
Mongodives
Aquaphile

Post by Mongodives »

airsix wrote:
"Old like him" unless his age on his profile is wrong, he ain't old. If he is a whole bunch of us need to be just a little offended.
"we're gonna need a bigger boat" Sherriff Brody
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Mongodives wrote:
airsix wrote:
"Old like him" unless his age on his profile is wrong, he ain't old. If he is a whole bunch of us need to be just a little offended.
Yea I was kind of thinking that one myself.
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

This thread is getting Brutal, with insults, $ = Power .
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

My age related comment was just a friendly jab to make sure it doesn't look like I'm playing favorites.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey