Cabezon Hunters

General banter about diving and why we love it.
rjarnold
Submariner

Cabezon Hunters

Post by rjarnold »

It turns out that the UW Fish Collection does not have a good-sized cabezon. If anyone is willing to donate a cabezon, that would be awesome. It doesn't need to be cabzilla, just a nice-sized adult (all we have are tiny ones). These fish are used for multiple purposes, including training observers to correctly identify species, and it would be part of the collection for many years to come (probably 100's, with your name as the collector). If you do decide to donate one, please keep it on ice as we'll want to take tissue samples for DNA analysis as well.
Thanks!
Lophiiformes rock.

"Anal fins are a gateway drug." - Tom Nic
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Re: Cabezon Hunters

Post by pensacoladiver »

Can you bring it home from Neah Bay on the last day? If so, I might just be able to have my name as the collector. :joshsmith: :joshsmith:
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

pensacoladiver wrote:Can you bring it home from Neah Bay on the last day? If so, I might just be able to have my name as the collector. :joshsmith: :joshsmith:
Yep, I can certainly do that!
Lophiiformes rock.

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

pensacoladiver wrote:Can you bring it home from Neah Bay on the last day? If so, I might just be able to have my name as the collector. :joshsmith: :joshsmith:
Don't forget science can't tolerate any holes, you gotta catch it by hand :smt064
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

CaptnJack wrote:
Don't forget science can't tolerate any holes, you gotta catch it by hand :smt064
Hehe, while that would be nice, we're obviously happy to just have one :)
Lophiiformes rock.

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

rjarnold wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Don't let Pensacola off so easy, be sure to get video too!
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

CaptnJack wrote:
rjarnold wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Don't let Pensacola off so easy, be sure to get video too!
Oh! Yeah, uh... except you Chad - you must catch it with your hands.... ;)
Lophiiformes rock.

girldiver
Compulsive Diver

Post by girldiver »

Hey...I've CAUGHT one with my hands...

Ok, a net. My DM held the net while I slapped the tail and into the net my little Cabbie friend went. He now lives (not as happily) at the MaST Aquarium.

Funny...I can't seem to hit a thing when I'm shooting at it, but I can net the creatures...what's up with that????
Cindy
http://www.scubashoppe.com -
Retail, Training, Travel and a Full Service Center: 130 Main Street, Auburn.
NWBoiler
Frequent Bubbler

Post by NWBoiler »

" I slapped the tail "
I had to re-read the title of this post...... I thought you were getting frisky.... again! :rofl:
Does all black gear really provide a more streamlined dive rig?...... I Think Not!!! Go DiiR (Do it in Red)!!
girldiver
Compulsive Diver

Post by girldiver »

Ah...there are some things a girl can get away with saying, eh? A guy talks about slapping some tail...and he's seen as a pig.

It's good to be a girl! :)
Cindy
http://www.scubashoppe.com -
Retail, Training, Travel and a Full Service Center: 130 Main Street, Auburn.