Loreto MX

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Jstockn
Getting To Know Folks

Loreto MX

Post by Jstockn »

Looking for dive buddy to go to Loreto MX in late Aug 2010 or early Sep 2010.
Jerome
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Re: Loreto MX

Post by BASSMAN »

Dude!
Send a company e-mail to Pat Baker. He's gone there before!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

I wish I could go too. My wife and I made a trip there after we got certified. It was an awesome trip. I enjoyed the town as much as the diving. Very friendly people, not too touristy. The diving was great, and we went in Feb. which is not the best time. You should be hitting it with water temps in the high 70s low 80s and incredible vis. If you meet up with a divemaster nicknamed "Necky" tell him hello from me. He was with cormorant dive service, and a very good guide.
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

nwbobber, is there shore diving there or do you have to dive with a guide/charter?
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

All the diving we did was out of the pangas. These are open boats 25-26 ft long, that will probably accomodate six divers (we never had that many), the guides bring a shore lunch, which they served up on one of the islands beaches. We dove at a couple of places that had sea lion colonies (I recommend this), and at the East side of Carmen Island, and Coronado Island. We made a trip to Danzante Island also. I didn't see anyone shore diving, although south of town there were some spots that looked like they had possibilities. Depending on the tides some of the diving is drift diving, which is very nice, burn your tank, surface, climb in the boat, done! Prices are negotiable, as with most things in Mexico.
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

thanks, bobber. that's pretty much what it was like down in Cabo Pulmo as well, minus the negotiable part.